WR???
-
What does everyone think of bringing in a vet WR????
Right now we have the following Wrs on the roster
MoMass
Robo
Sedric Steptoe
Chansi Stuckey
Josh Cribbs
I think this crew is pretty thin. Aside from MoMass we have no real threat at WR. verdict is still out on ROBO and I personally think Stuckey can be a decent NFL WR. Cribbs is obviously a great special teamer and a specialty player on offense but doesn't crack it as a WR. I am also not high on any of the projected first rounders in the draft nor would I wanna gamble with the 7 on a Dez Bryant or trade back into the mid to late first and part with more picks to do so.
The most notable vets on the market are ...
Kevin Curtis
Torry Holt
Marty Booker
Laverneous Coles
Malcom Floyd
Joey Galloway
Musin Muhammad
Terrell Owens
Josh Reed
Kelly Washington
Out of those vets there is nothing really spectacular, but with a small price tag I wouldn't mind seeing a few of those guys come in to help both on the field and with mentoring the younger guys we have.
Torry Holt is the one who sticks out the most, but I also wouldn't hate seeing Kevin Curtis or Kelly Washington given a shot.
What does everyone else think about the state of out WRs?
-
T.O played with garbs at QB, I think he could do much more with Delhomme throwing to him.
and as for the draft, if both Bradford and Berry are gone, then the Browns can do a trade down to get someone like Dez Bryant.
-
T.O played with garbs at QB, I think he could do much more with Delhomme throwing to him.
and as for the draft, if both Bradford and Berry are gone, then the Browns can do a trade down to get someone like Dez Bryant.
T.O played with garbs at QB, I think he could do much more with Delhomme throwing to him.
and as for the draft, if both Bradford and Berry are gone, then the Browns can do a trade down to get someone like Dez Bryant.
They won't trade down for Bryant. If they trade down it will be for Pierre-Paul or Odrick
-
I think we are okay there but we are going to have to add a guy with speed to that group. Hopefully at least 6'3 and can stretch the field a little bit. That can be adressed in the draft. But I feel much better about MoMass and Robo coming into their 2nd year than I did as rookies. I hate starting rookie WRs but we didn't have much of a choice last year.
PS. Does Golden Tate remind anyone else of Steve Smith from Carolina? Little guy who just fights his ass off for every ball in his area? Anyone know what round he is projected to go?
-
I think this is a must. Now that one of the Corners positions are filled, and help added to the LB corp, and with a potential Safety looming in the draft, I think we need a vet in here at WR and if not draft one fairly high as well. Although I hate rookie Receivers, I'd love to pluck two from your vet list.
I've always been a big fan of Torry Holt and I thought Laverneous Coles did a nice job for Cincy last year.
-
I think we are okay there but we are going to have to add a guy with speed to that group. Hopefully at least 6'3 and can stretch the field a little bit. That can be adressed in the draft. But I feel much better about MoMass and Robo coming into their 2nd year than I did as rookies. I hate starting rookie WRs but we didn't have much of a choice last year.
PS. Does Golden Tate remind anyone else of Steve Smith from Carolina? Little guy who just fights his ass off for every ball in his area? Anyone know what round he is projected to go?
I think we are okay there but we are going to have to add a guy with speed to that group. Hopefully at least 6'3 and can stretch the field a little bit. That can be adressed in the draft. But I feel much better about MoMass and Robo coming into their 2nd year than I did as rookies. I hate starting rookie WRs but we didn't have much of a choice last year.
PS. Does Golden Tate remind anyone else of Steve Smith from Carolina? Little guy who just fights his ass off for every ball in his area? Anyone know what round he is projected to go?
I disagree here. I think MoMass is closer to being your fly guy and we bring in a guy to run crisp clean patterns like Joe J did for us ... his name is Torry Holt.
-
I think this is a must. Now that one of the Corners positions are filled, and help added to the LB corp, and with a potential Safety looming in the draft, I think we need a vet in here at WR and if not draft one fairly high as well. Although I hate rookie Receivers, I'd love to pluck two from your vet list.
I've always been a big fan of Torry Holt and I thought Laverneous Coles did a nice job for Cincy last year.
I think this is a must. Now that one of the Corners positions are filled, and help added to the LB corp, and with a potential Safety looming in the draft, I think we need a vet in here at WR and if not draft one fairly high as well. Although I hate rookie Receivers, I'd love to pluck two from your vet list.
I've always been a big fan of Torry Holt and I thought Laverneous Coles did a nice job for Cincy last year.
Agreed, defense and QB needed attention first. Now we need to focus on our anemic offense. It's hard to know the production the WRs will have next year because we have different people throwing to them, but MoMass, Robo, Sedric Steptoe, Chansi Stuckey, Josh Cribbs certainly aren't scaring any DBs next year. Hell, Robo couldn't even make the active roster last year. I am all for bringing Muhsin Muhammad here as he is comfortable with Delhomme and Carolina fans really seemed to love him.
-
I don't know why or what it is about him but for some reason I would love to see Kelly Washington here.
I think first and foremost though out of that group of vets Holt would be the biggest help because he was a great WR for many years and he is a true porfessional and could really mentor these young guys. obviously if we sign one of these guys we would probably have to let someone go and that someone I would awesome would be steptoe.
And Golden Tate is a projected first rounder, and I personally do not think of him as first round talent .... Although he does have an amazing name. Who the hell would name there kid Golden?? lol
-
I think this is a must. Now that one of the Corners positions are filled, and help added to the LB corp, and with a potential Safety looming in the draft, I think we need a vet in here at WR and if not draft one fairly high as well. Although I hate rookie Receivers, I'd love to pluck two from your vet list.
I've always been a big fan of Torry Holt and I thought Laverneous Coles did a nice job for Cincy last year.
Agreed, defense and QB needed attention first. Now we need to focus on our anemic offense. It's hard to know the production the WRs will have next year because we have different people throwing to them, but MoMass, Robo, Sedric Steptoe, Chansi Stuckey, Josh Cribbs certainly aren't scaring any DBs next year. Hell, Robo couldn't even make the active roster last year. I am all for bringing Muhsin Muhammad here as he is comfortable with Delhomme and Carolina fans really seemed to love him.
Agreed, defense and QB needed attention first. Now we need to focus on our anemic offense. It's hard to know the production the WRs will have next year because we have different people throwing to them, but MoMass, Robo, Sedric Steptoe, Chansi Stuckey, Josh Cribbs certainly aren't scaring any DBs next year. Hell, Robo couldn't even make the active roster last year. I am all for bringing Muhsin Muhammad here as he is comfortable with Delhomme and Carolina fans really seemed to love him.
I too am a fan of Muhammad, but this guy has been around forever. like 15 years. He is like a 100 years old.
-
Holt was on pace with Jerry Rice a good way into his career. They also shared the same kind of work ethic, I think Holt is one who can really turn it on in his elder years, find that second wind and give someone very steady production.
-
I think we are okay there but we are going to have to add a guy with speed to that group. Hopefully at least 6'3 and can stretch the field a little bit. That can be adressed in the draft. But I feel much better about MoMass and Robo coming into their 2nd year than I did as rookies. I hate starting rookie WRs but we didn't have much of a choice last year.
PS. Does Golden Tate remind anyone else of Steve Smith from Carolina? Little guy who just fights his ass off for every ball in his area? Anyone know what round he is projected to go?
I disagree here. I think MoMass is closer to being your fly guy and we bring in a guy to run crisp clean patterns like Joe J did for us ... his name is Torry Holt.
I disagree here. I think MoMass is closer to being your fly guy and we bring in a guy to run crisp clean patterns like Joe J did for us ... his name is Torry Holt.
Yeah but MoMass won't outrun very many CBs in this league and Torry is just a little too old for me now. I would like to see MoMass the #2 and Stuckey in the slot. I haven't seen anything out out of Robo that gives me much hope but it's still early. It would be nice to get a bonified #1 on this team but you're right, I can't see a rookie doing that. But as I said above, I think we're alright at WR I just think we need some speed. But that need is like, 5th on the list for me.
DB
OL
QB
DL
WR
LB
RB
-
Holt was on pace with Jerry Rice a good way into his career. They also shared the same kind of work ethic, I think Holt is one who can really turn it on in his elder years, find that second wind and give someone very steady production.
Holt was on pace with Jerry Rice a good way into his career. They also shared the same kind of work ethic, I think Holt is one who can really turn it on in his elder years, find that second wind and give someone very steady production.
Torry Holt is like the Curtis Martin of WRs. Nobody remembers how good he is. The trouble is, he's a little old. But if we took a flyer on him I wouldn't be mad, he could really help the young guys. But we would still need to get some speed on the outside.
-
I'm not happy with our current WR corp at all ... glad someone created this thread it was going to be my next topic to start.
Stuckey and the small role he fills is the only aspect of our current core that I'm ok with. MoMass is in my dog house for the wy he gives up on passes not thrown into his bread basket, this kid needs to get much more hungry and fight for every pass. I didn't want to draft Robo and his play last year has cemented those feelings about him. Steptoe is a dime a dozen and Cribbs is a P/K returner ... still.
We suck at where we currently stand at WR, it is our weakest link today.
-
I think when it is all said and done we will sign a vet.....your boy holt works, as well as draft a rookie.
Riley Cooper would be good in the 3rd round range and Andre Roberts would be a great selection with one of the 5th rounders.
Cooper could be a bit of a risk depending where he gets selected in the baseball draft in June.
-
Everyone thought Joe Jurevicius was the key to our successful passing game in 2007, as he was consistient, ran clean patterns and made catches and moved the chains.
Jurevicius had 50 receptions for 614 yards in 2007.
Torry Holt had 51 receptions for 722 yards last season, it one too many are eager to point to as a down year and a sloping curve toward retirement. The guy can still be productive. He has missed only 3-games in 11 seasons and is consistient as hell.
Torry Holt could mentor Robo into the next Joe Jurevicius.
Did I mention that I'm homo for Torry Holt?
-
You didn't have to mention it. I can read it loud and clear.

-
I know something about WR's and believe me, Torry Holt would be a great fit here.
-
Zombo said:
How many washed-up receivers did Indy and New Orleans rely on last year?
Zombo
Does Jeremy Shockey count?
Do we have a pair of first round draft picks such as Reggie Wayne & Dallas Clark? Can we hit it out of the park with late rounders such as Colston & Pierre Garcon? Perhaps that part had something to do with the QB's?
Reggie Wayne was in his 9th season, I think Amani Toomer was about 40yrs old when the Giants won it. (I won't mention Plaxico Burress and ruin your re-tread reply)
I see no one on the Browns roster who mirrors any one of the above mentioned. No late rounders who stepped up, hell not even the pair of second rounders stepped up. Certainly no first rounders, so exactly how are we mimiking the Saints or Colts there?
Which P/K returner did the Colts line up wide?
-
What does everyone think of bringing in a vet WR????
Right now we have the following Wrs on the roster
MoMass
Robo
Sedric Steptoe
Chansi Stuckey
Josh Cribbs
I think this crew is pretty thin. Aside from MoMass we have no real threat at WR. verdict is still out on ROBO and I personally think Stuckey can be a decent NFL WR. Cribbs is obviously a great special teamer and a specialty player on offense but doesn't crack it as a WR. I am also not high on any of the projected first rounders in the draft nor would I wanna gamble with the 7 on a Dez Bryant or trade back into the mid to late first and part with more picks to do so.
The most notable vets on the market are ...
Kevin Curtis
Torry Holt
Marty Booker
Laverneous Coles
Malcom Floyd
Joey Galloway
Musin Muhammad
Terrell Owens
Josh Reed
Kelly Washington
Out of those vets there is nothing really spectacular, but with a small price tag I wouldn't mind seeing a few of those guys come in to help both on the field and with mentoring the younger guys we have.
Torry Holt is the one who sticks out the most, but I also wouldn't hate seeing Kevin Curtis or Kelly Washington given a shot.
What does everyone else think about the state of out WRs?
What does everyone think of bringing in a vet WR????
Right now we have the following Wrs on the roster
MoMass
Robo
Sedric Steptoe
Chansi Stuckey
Josh Cribbs
I think this crew is pretty thin. Aside from MoMass we have no real threat at WR. verdict is still out on ROBO and I personally think Stuckey can be a decent NFL WR. Cribbs is obviously a great special teamer and a specialty player on offense but doesn't crack it as a WR. I am also not high on any of the projected first rounders in the draft nor would I wanna gamble with the 7 on a Dez Bryant or trade back into the mid to late first and part with more picks to do so.
The most notable vets on the market are ...
Kevin Curtis
Torry Holt
Marty Booker
Laverneous Coles
Malcom Floyd
Joey Galloway
Musin Muhammad
Terrell Owens
Josh Reed
Kelly Washington
Out of those vets there is nothing really spectacular, but with a small price tag I wouldn't mind seeing a few of those guys come in to help both on the field and with mentoring the younger guys we have.
Torry Holt is the one who sticks out the most, but I also wouldn't hate seeing Kevin Curtis or Kelly Washington given a shot.
What does everyone else think about the state of out WRs?
Out of what we have on the roster, these guys would have a hard time even being a 3 or 4 WR on any good team.
-
Holt will be guy looked at after the draft IMO. Depending on what we get there he could be useful here. He is a top notch character guy who would serve as a great mentor for the younger guys and give us solid depth, not as a primary guy.
I would not be against bringing him in if we decide to go elsewhere in the draft.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login