WR???
-
Zombo said:
TRANSLATION: I got waxed on the Torry Holt argument when Holmgren said there was no way it would happen ... but since Momass mentioned "older guys" I can pretend I saved face because I think I'm still on that sissy board whence I came.Zombo
Whatever dude! The comments from Momass about veterans being more crafty to make-up for lost speed nailed exactly what many of us here were trying to tell you. Yeah, let's bring in track stars like the Raiders do, that always works well.
Let the Ravens pick up Holt, like the Bengals did in bringing in 10yr vet Laveranues Coles last season, where he caught more TD's than Massaquoi, Stuckey, Cribbs, Furrey, Braylon & Robiskie did for us COMBINED.
-
Zombo said:
I thought you wanted Holt ... he caught ZERO TD's.Zombo
--Maybe you are better at defense ... wasn't it great last year how Hank Poteat "mentored" Wright and McDonald?
Big deal, Momass scored against the Lions and the Raiders. I think Shaun Rogers could have beaten the Lions deep that day.
A veteran brings consistency to the table. Torry Holt had 10 games where he caught 3 or more passes. Momass only had 4 games that he caught 3 or more passes. Holt had 30+ yards in 11 games. Momass had 30+ yards in only 6 games.
In 2 games last year, Momass had 13 receptions for 263 yards.
In the other 13 games, he had only 21 receptions for 361 yards.
That is about as inconsistient as it gets. He could use a good mentor to teach him how to be a pro and strap it on each Sunday.
The Browns were 4-5 in games where Momass only had one catch. But hey, he scored in a loss to the Raiders, a loss to the Lions and grabbed a meaningless score verse San Diego.
How many INT's were thrown in trying to target him? I'd say at least five, maybe more.
-
Zombo said:
What does that even mean?So we were 1-6 in games where he caught more than one, and/or none?
You've done a lot of work here, Todd, let me ask you ... in all of this extrapulation did you find a TD for Torry yet?
Zombo
"TDs for Torry" may replace "Toys for Tots" as the hot new charity...
Torry Holt is 7th among active players in Scoring Receptions with 74 Receiving TD's. He is the same age as Hines Ward and trails him by only 4 career receiving TD's despite playing for down teams and changing teams in recent years. I suppose you wouldn't take Hines Ward either? Ward finally caught and suprassed Holt last season, even though Ward has been in the league one year longer and played in 13 more games.
-
Zombo said:
What does that even mean?So we were 1-6 in games where he caught more than one, and/or none?
You've done a lot of work here, Todd, let me ask you ... in all of this extrapulation did you find a TD for Torry yet?
Zombo
"TDs for Torry" may replace "Toys for Tots" as the hot new charity...
Torry Holt is 7th among active players in Scoring Receptions with 74 Receiving TD's. He is the same age as Hines Ward and trails him by only 4 career receiving TD's despite playing for down teams and changing teams in recent years. I suppose you wouldn't take Hines Ward either? Ward finally caught and suprassed Holt last season, even though Ward has been in the league one year longer and played in 13 more games.
Torry Holt is 7th among active players in Scoring Receptions with 74 Receiving TD's. He is the same age as Hines Ward and trails him by only 4 career receiving TD's despite playing for down teams and changing teams in recent years. I suppose you wouldn't take Hines Ward either? Ward finally caught and suprassed Holt last season, even though Ward has been in the league one year longer and played in 13 more games.
Not disagreeing with you Bridges, but did you ever tell everyone why you are an expert on WRs? Do you pick a lot of sleeper WRs in your fantasy league? Are you the WR coach for a local HS team? Share your expertise with us.
-
Torry Holt is 7th among active players in Scoring Receptions with 74 Receiving TD's. He is the same age as Hines Ward and trails him by only 4 career receiving TD's despite playing for down teams and changing teams in recent years. I suppose you wouldn't take Hines Ward either? Ward finally caught and suprassed Holt last season, even though Ward has been in the league one year longer and played in 13 more games.
Not disagreeing with you Bridges, but did you ever tell everyone why you are an expert on WRs? Do you pick a lot of sleeper WRs in your fantasy league? Are you the WR coach for a local HS team? Share your expertise with us.
Not disagreeing with you Bridges, but did you ever tell everyone why you are an expert on WRs? Do you pick a lot of sleeper WRs in your fantasy league? Are you the WR coach for a local HS team? Share your expertise with us.
Haha, figure of speech I guess. I don't think I said I am an expert, I believe I said that I know WR's. With that said, I am not a big fan of Momass. He had one good game last year where he was under the radar and had a breakout (game). I guess I'm not a fan of Robo either and never was when he was playing in the horseshoe either.
Mark me down as one NOT optimistic about our young receiving core. In fact, I don't think we have a receiving core in which to build around.
-
I'm not a Holt "fag", but I would be happy as hell with just about any one of those veteran receivers listed on the opening post of this thread.
-
Not disagreeing with you Bridges, but did you ever tell everyone why you are an expert on WRs? Do you pick a lot of sleeper WRs in your fantasy league? Are you the WR coach for a local HS team? Share your expertise with us.
Haha, figure of speech I guess. I don't think I said I am an expert, I believe I said that I know WR's. With that said, I am not a big fan of Momass. He had one good game last year where he was under the radar and had a breakout (game). I guess I'm not a fan of Robo either and never was when he was playing in the horseshoe either.
Mark me down as one NOT optimistic about our young receiving core. In fact, I don't think we have a receiving core in which to build around.
Haha, figure of speech I guess. I don't think I said I am an expert, I believe I said that I know WR's. With that said, I am not a big fan of Momass. He had one good game last year where he was under the radar and had a breakout (game). I guess I'm not a fan of Robo either and never was when he was playing in the horseshoe either.
Mark me down as one NOT optimistic about our young receiving core. In fact, I don't think we have a receiving core in which to build around.
I really, really disagree with your MoMass take. Historically, rookie WRs put up very similiar numbers to what MoMass did last year. So he is basically par for the course in some cases better that some greats were in their rookie years. The biggest difference is that he had to be the #1 in his rookie year on a team with TERRIBLE QB play and no threat for most of the year anywhere else on the field. He was matched up with the other team's best CB as a rookie and still put up the type of rookie numbers you would expect. He has good hands, he just needs to learn how to fight for the ball a little more and the kid is gonna be really good. He reminds me of a Mushin Muhammud or a Torry Holt. What we need though, is a Steve Smith or a Issac Bruce on the other side. The jury is still out on Robo but it's still too soon to determine if a rookie WR sucks. You can however see if a rookie WR is good, and MoMass looks good. And Stuckey isn't bad either. I can see a MoMass, Stuckey starting lineup.
-
Does it really matter who are WRs next year? With Delhomme as our QB, half the balls will be going to the other team anyway.

-
Heres a list of all WR's selected in order, up to when browns selected Massaquoi. (note all were first rd. selections except Robiskie and Massaquoi)
Player Catches Yards
Darrius Heyward-Bey 9 124
Michael Crabtree 48 625
Jeremy Maclin 56 773
Percy Harvin 60 790
Hakeem Nicks 47 790
Kenny Britt 42 701
Brian Robiskie 7 106
Mohamed Massaquoi 34 624
Bey was picked 7th overall, Robiskie 36th they have about the same stats.
Crabtree 10th overall, Massaquoi 50th we got the same production from two 2nd rounders as two top 10 picks. Bey and Crabtree play in California, in Cleveland its cold and windy so its harder to throw and catch the ball which is why we run it so much late in the season.
Maclin-Mcnabb, Harvin-Favre, Nicks-Manning------self explanatory
We had the worst rated passer in the history of the league and the most overhyped player in the history of the league--DA...Quinn
Look at Massaquoi's yards compared to catches, 18 yds per catch. Harvin who's supposed to be the speedster with a bunch of YAC's only had 13 yds per catch
All in all you put togeather all the circumstances, QB's, weather, how many times thrown to;Massaquoi had the best year out of all rookie WR's drafted before him in my opinion. 2010 is the year Robiskie show's his value now
-
I'm a Holt fag ... I would be the first one to buy his new Jersey.

-
-
Nah, he looks too much like Anthony Sowell.
LMAO, that's funny! He does.
Check out these photo's of his fingers ... now those are experienced hands!

-
All I know is that, the AFC North has got some badass WR's, of course we are at the bottom of that of that division. If The Ravens select the Thomas kid from GT, they will be a scary team. So it makes me wonder if we need a Dez Bryant to try and help score some points. I know we won't select him if Berry is there but if Berry is not, it woud be a pretty reasonable pick. I hope we take Bryant over Haden at 7. Also Don't hate on Jake just yet, hate him if he faisl with us and not because he had a bad year last year.
-
All I know is that, the AFC North has got some badass WR's, of course we are at the bottom of that of that division. If The Ravens select the Thomas kid from GT, they will be a scary team. So it makes me wonder if we need a Dez Bryant to try and help score some points. I know we won't select him if Berry is there but if Berry is not, it woud be a pretty reasonable pick. I hope we take Bryant over Haden at 7. Also Don't hate on Jake just yet, hate him if he faisl with us and not because he had a bad year last year.
All I know is that, the AFC North has got some badass WR's, of course we are at the bottom of that of that division. If The Ravens select the Thomas kid from GT, they will be a scary team. So it makes me wonder if we need a Dez Bryant to try and help score some points. I know we won't select him if Berry is there but if Berry is not, it woud be a pretty reasonable pick. I hope we take Bryant over Haden at 7. Also Don't hate on Jake just yet, hate him if he faisl with us and not because he had a bad year last year.
how about some DB's that can cover those [badass WR's in the AFC North]or that can at least make tackles!
-
From Terry Pluto of the Plain Dealer:
"12. If former Jets and Bengals receiver Laveranues Coles still is looking for work this summer, it wouldn't be a shock if the Browns give him a look. He was a disappointment with the Bengals, who paid him $9.5 million for 43 catches (29 first downs) and five touchdowns. He played for Mangini, and they have respect for each other. No matter what the Browns say, they need a veteran receiver. Coles is 32. I'll now make my monthly pitch to sign Torry Holt, the 33-year-old receiver who is available and can help the right team. "
From me:
Wow, I didn't know that the Bengals paid Laveranues Coles that much $, and with this knowledge now I too have soured on Laveranues. I thought he looked good last year, but not at that cost.
Terry Pluto is a Holt fag ... like me!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login