Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Mad Dog in a Meat Market Award

Mad Dog in a Meat Market Award

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
10 Posts 8 Posters 2.5k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
    • 57k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Or as it may otherwise be subtitled: The Mike Junkin/Clifford Charlton/Craig Powell award. Or it could be the Ryan Leaf/Jeff George/Jamarcus Russell award.

    What player that is projected to go high in the draft this year (say Top Ten) do you project to be essentially a complete bust?

    My candidates: Jimmy Clausen and Gerald McCoy.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Mr. T Mr. TM
      • 7k Posts
      • 184 Reputation
      Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
      #2

      LOL! Mike Junkin and his bionic knees.

      How about "Touchdown Tommy".

      Head or Gut?
      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Riffer X Riffer XR Very Popular Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 3k Posts
        • 127 Reputation
        Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Gerald McCoy would be my guess or perhaps one of the offensive tackles everybody has a woody for nowadays (a lot due to Joe Thomas I may add).

        Pocket Change Warren belongs in the Mad Dog group. Guy was an all around piece of shit and Butchie over road his entire scouting and coaching staff to take him at three. This was over Seymour, Lewis, Stroud, Hampton and Picket.

        Is a pig's ass pork?
        The GipperT B 2 Replies Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
          • 4k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
          #4

          I'll stick my neck out & say Bradford. I honestly don't think he can take the pounding. A shoulder issue for a QB is VERY serious & as high as he will be picked, he's not exactly gonna be the best PROTECTED QB in the NFL. That being said, IF he can stay healthy, he should be a dandy.

          Mike

          IN DORSEY I TRUST
          E 1 Reply Last reply
          ❤
          Quote Reply
          • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

            I'll stick my neck out & say Bradford. I honestly don't think he can take the pounding. A shoulder issue for a QB is VERY serious & as high as he will be picked, he's not exactly gonna be the best PROTECTED QB in the NFL. That being said, IF he can stay healthy, he should be a dandy.

            Mike

            Earl34 E
            • 1k Posts
            • 11 Reputation
            E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @canton-mike said:

            I'll stick my neck out & say Bradford. I honestly don't think he can take the pounding. A shoulder issue for a QB is VERY serious & as high as he will be picked, he's not exactly gonna be the best PROTECTED QB in the NFL. That being said, IF he can stay healthy, he should be a dandy.

            Mike

            I agree Mike. There's a little luck involved. If Sam takes a beating he may not be able to fulfill that promise. Last year, Matt Stafford started but he did get punished for it. I like Sam as a QB but I have to admit that he doesn't sense the rush well and he doesn't like to get hit (not that anyone does but I think you know what I mean).

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Riffer XR Riffer X

              Gerald McCoy would be my guess or perhaps one of the offensive tackles everybody has a woody for nowadays (a lot due to Joe Thomas I may add).

              Pocket Change Warren belongs in the Mad Dog group. Guy was an all around piece of shit and Butchie over road his entire scouting and coaching staff to take him at three. This was over Seymour, Lewis, Stroud, Hampton and Picket.

              The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
              • 57k Posts
              • 4k Reputation
              The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @riffer-x said:

              Gerald McCoy would be my guess or perhaps one of the offensive tackles everybody has a woody for nowadays (a lot due to Joe Thomas I may add).

              Pocket Change Warren belongs in the Mad Dog group. Guy was an all around piece of shit and Butchie over road his entire scouting and coaching staff to take him at three. This was over Seymour, Lewis, Stroud, Hampton and Picket.

              Yea, well, I figured that If I named it after every Browns first round bust, I still would have been typing that original post!!

              1 Reply Last reply
              ❤
              Quote Reply
              • Riffer XR Riffer X

                Gerald McCoy would be my guess or perhaps one of the offensive tackles everybody has a woody for nowadays (a lot due to Joe Thomas I may add).

                Pocket Change Warren belongs in the Mad Dog group. Guy was an all around piece of shit and Butchie over road his entire scouting and coaching staff to take him at three. This was over Seymour, Lewis, Stroud, Hampton and Picket.

                Browns57 B Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 733 Posts
                • 62 Reputation
                B Browns57 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @riffer-x said:

                Gerald McCoy would be my guess or perhaps one of the offensive tackles everybody has a woody for nowadays (a lot due to Joe Thomas I may add).

                Pocket Change Warren belongs in the Mad Dog group. Guy was an all around piece of shit and Butchie over road his entire scouting and coaching staff to take him at three. This was over Seymour, Lewis, Stroud, Hampton and Picket.

                But he is still playing so I don't think he qualifies for this group. But tommy Vardell definately does!

                “The Wait Is Over, The Browns Will Be In The Playoffs This Year!"
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Browns57 B Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 733 Posts
                  • 62 Reputation
                  B Browns57 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  I say Bradford and Clausen. Bradford because he has to go to St. Louis where he will be getting crushed everytime he drops back to pass. He is going to turn into Tim couch. You get only get hit so much before your game suffers. And Clausen will just be a bust period.

                  I like Tebow, and McCoy as the stars of the QB's in this draft.

                  “The Wait Is Over, The Browns Will Be In The Playoffs This Year!"
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • ClevelandFanForLife ClevelandFanForLifeC One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 2k Posts
                    • 100 Reputation
                    ClevelandFanForLifeC ClevelandFanForLife wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    definitely bruce campbell. he is a combine wonder. also, i will take cj spiller. he is cut from the same stock as reggie bush.

                    once a fan, always a fan. married to a steeler fan. aaaaaaaaah! --andy
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Tim Couch Pulls Out Tim Couch Pulls OutT Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 8k Posts
                      • 1k Reputation
                      Tim Couch Pulls OutT Tim Couch Pulls Out wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      Dexter McCluster.

                      He won't be taken high. But he still sucks, and will continue to suck. I hate the bastard.

                      I'm awesome, and I fuck dolphins. Ghoolie 12/2/2012: I have absolutely no skills, training or pride
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      Theme
                      • System
                      • Light
                      • Dark
                      The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                      The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Forums
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Users
                      • Donate