The Gipper's Guide to America
-
One Post From the Truth said:
I would love to go to Cleveland and hang out with the freaks. See the town.
I resemble that remark!
-
That would be OK too. You probably get better, cheaper flights from the UK to Toronto.
Potentially. At the moment, London to Detroit is around £450. Haven't checked Toronto.
-
For sure. London's not cheap though!
-
I'm going to Yosemite in may
-
I hope you're planning to grow a suitable moustache in that time.
-
-
I'm going to Yosemite in may
-
I could stay with relatives. I have several cousins near there. Croydon for sure. Northhampton. An aunt by marriage still lives near Liverpool. My Gillingham and Chatham connections are gone though.
Well, Croydon's almost London I suppose

By american standards the rest are definitely not. If you're around, give me a shout and I'll buy you some cold fizzy tasteless piss, or a real beer.
-
-
I could stay with relatives. I have several cousins near there. Croydon for sure. Northhampton. An aunt by marriage still lives near Liverpool. My Gillingham and Chatham connections are gone though.
Well, Croydon's almost London I suppose

By american standards the rest are definitely not. If you're around, give me a shout and I'll buy you some cold fizzy tasteless piss, or a real beer.
-
People - I have tentative plans to visit Cedar Point for a few days later in the year (may get pushed to 2017). Obviously, swinging by for a Browns game is a must, but is there anything else in the area? I suspect we would end up flying in to detroit as it's direct for us, picking up a car and going from there, in a round trip. I suspect Niagara is on the list as well, and maybe Toronto.
Anything I might not know about worth taking a look at? Nature and astronomy would be a big plus as well.
People - I have tentative plans to visit Cedar Point for a few days later in the year (may get pushed to 2017). Obviously, swinging by for a Browns game is a must, but is there anything else in the area? I suspect we would end up flying in to detroit as it's direct for us, picking up a car and going from there, in a round trip. I suspect Niagara is on the list as well, and maybe Toronto.
Anything I might not know about worth taking a look at? Nature and astronomy would be a big plus as well.
Cedar Point is very close to put-in-bay where Westside Steve plays a great deal of the summer.
www.westsidesteve.com
-
I'm going to Yosemite in may
Don't get bit by them deer ticks.I'm going to Yosemite in may
-
Recently visited several National Park Units in Alabama and Georgia:
Little River Canyon National Preserve, northeast Ala. Canyon, river, waterfalls, wildlife
Horseshoe Bend National Military Park: Site where Andrew Jackson battled Creek Indians and wiped out about 1000 of them.
Tuskeegee Institute National Historic site. College founded by Booker T. Washington....and where George Washington Carver spent his career. The two men are buried only like 40 feet apart.
Tuskeegee Airmen NHS: Site where the training of the "Red Tails" occurred, black fighter pilots during WWII
Jimmy Carter NHS: Site of boyhood home of Carter
Andersonville NHS: Site of Confederate POW camp....where like almost one out of three prisoners that were held there would die.
Ocmulgee NHS: site of prehistoric native American "mound city"
Selma to Montgomery National Trail. Commemorates the 1964 Civil right march that resulted in the Voting Rights Act.
Also went to south of Tallahassee to the St. Mark's Wildlife Refuge to try to see Whooping Cranes. Could not see them but saw plenty of herons, ibises, and gators.
-
Please all feel free to post here some of your own travel adventures including photos if you can.
-
Please all feel free to post here some of your own travel adventures including photos if you can.
I drove OTR and seen a lot. I always liked a city at night and driving in it really late. It's all lit up and traffic is ok. I would say Houston was really cool but got this "I'm far from home feeling". Seeing New York from the river was awesome.Please all feel free to post here some of your own travel adventures including photos if you can.
I got lost really good in Wichita, KS. It was the land before cell phones and GPS and had directions on paper. A couple of months later someone asked if I knew Wichita and I said something like, " ya I been all over Wichita".
I had the time of my life at a tavern in Philly with some gang bangers that worked for a guy that loaded my trailor. It was a rough place and if I showed you where I backed into even I wouldn't believe it if someone told me.
All in all it was good for me to get back home for good.
-
How long do you think it would take to do Yosemite? I get you could spend forever (and trust me, I'd love that but no time) but is a day enough, a week, a month?
-
I'm going for two and a half weeks but I expect to do San Francisco in there as well.
-
Don't get bit by them deer ticks.I'm going to Yosemite in may
"One said:
Don't get bit by them deer ticks.
I have deer ticks enough in my own backyard to know how to deal with them
-
I'm going for two and a half weeks but I expect to do San Francisco in there as well.
I bet you will. Don't be hum dinger over there.I'm going for two and a half weeks but I expect to do San Francisco in there as well.
-
How long do you think it would take to do Yosemite? I get you could spend forever (and trust me, I'd love that but no time) but is a day enough, a week, a month?
How long do you think it would take to do Yosemite? I get you could spend forever (and trust me, I'd love that but no time) but is a day enough, a week, a month?
You can hit the highlights more or less in a day. But if you had two you could get a little more in depth. If you had a week you could cover almost all of Yosemite and Sequoia as well.
When are you going?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
