Skip to content

The Gipper's Guide to America

Barber Shop Talk
366 26 26.4k
  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by

    Fucked up weather. Did not expect 60F and 20+ mph winds in Moab. Still,the arches are pretty cool.

  • Fucked up weather. Did not expect 60F and 20+ mph winds in Moab. Still,the arches are pretty cool.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @gftchris said:

    Fucked up weather. Did not expect 60F and 20+ mph winds in Moab. Still,the arches are pretty cool.

    60 seems pretty nice to me. The wind though, that could be a bitch....considering all the sand that would blow up.

    But the Arches are cool....especially Granny's Bloomers.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Best hiking for the average person: Dolly Sods Wilderness, WV

    I actually got to the Dolly Sods Wilderness in WVa....but did not do any hiking. I just drove through it on that terrible dirt road, and the fog was so thick when we went through we couldn't see anything,

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Further updates on travel:

    Last summer for my anniversary we went to my son's place in Ithaca NY. He took us on a wine boat tour out on Lake Cayuga, one of the Finger Lakes. Very cool. Nice calm evening They brought in wine from a local winery, had a good time. Very cool. Don't know where else in the country you can do that sort of thing.

    Also, last fall, I did a trip to Idaho. Flew into Boise, stayed in Sun Valley most of the time. There is beautiful scenery around every bend you turn. Did my usual National Parks thing. Craters of the Moon ....a huge lava bed with some cinder cones. City of Rocks...very cool interesting rock formations. Hagerman Fossil Beds...mainly for the small fossil museum. Also went over to John Day Fossil Beds in Oregon. A great fossil museum...but also spectacular scenery.

    Also did another WWII related location: The Minidoka Internment Camp national monument. This is where all the Japanese from like the states of Oregon and Washington were brought during WWII.

    Came in and out of Boise. A very nice, clean city.

  • @gftchris said:

    Lots of things are very different. When I get back homeboy sure I will go in to lots of detail. But for now...every ATM charges like $3-4 for withdrawal? What's up with that? And gas stations are weird with the prepaying. That doesn't exist back home - you pull in, fill up and pay.

    Not that things are bad, just different.

    You're not in Kansas anymore.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You're not in Kansas anymore.

    I just came back from a week in Kansas.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    This is a topic on this thread that I thought I had covered here before this, but in reviewing all 12 pages, I do not see where I posted it anywhere. This is part of my "Gipper's List". In this case, it is my opinion of what the best cities/towns are of varying sizes and categories. It covers North America, not just the USA:

    5 Best Big Cities:

    Chicago

    Toronto

    New Orleans

    San Francisco

    San Antonio

    5 Best "Midsize Cities":

    Savannah, Ga.

    Quebec City, Quebec

    Santa Fe, New Mex.

    Santa Barbara, Cal.

    Madison, Wisc.

    5 Best Small Towns #:

    Woodstock, Vermont

    Chagrin Falls, Ohio

    Seaside, Florida

    Wellsboro Pa.

    Cooperstown, NY

    5 Best "Resort Towns"

    Sedona, Arizona

    Taos, New Mexico

    Aspen, Colorado

    Carmel, Cal.

    Naples/Key West Fla.

    #Note on this: I have seen a few publications that have place the town of Litchfield, Connecticut as a top small town. I have never been there so do not rate it. However, I do plan to make a brief visit there this summer.

    Others have also placed Blowing Rock NC on this list. Again, I have not been there, so I cannot rate. Hope to stop by there some day soon.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Best Sunrise: On top of Mt. Haleakala, Maui. (honorable mention: Quoddy Head, Maine)

    Best Beaches: St. John, US Virgin Islands Gipp

    *****************************************

    Mt. Haleakala was an amazing place. I think we have pictures from it, I should post them sometime. It is absolutely breathtaking.

    St. John, is a smaller island just off the American Virgin Islands' St. Thomas.

    St. John is about 75 % national park, I think it was... and the beach is Trunk Bay.

    It has an -underground- park underwater, with stones describing certain places and plants, etc.

    two really outstanding places places to go see.

    Trunk Bay is perhaps the best known of the St. John beaches, but there are several on that island, any of which are great.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @the-gipper said:

    QUOTE (calfoxwc @ Apr 8 2010, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
    Best Sunrise: On top of Mt. Haleakala, Maui. (honorable mention: Quoddy Head, Maine)

    Best Beaches: St. John, US Virgin Islands Gipp

    *****************************************

    Mt. Haleakala was an amazing place. I think we have pictures from it, I should post them sometime. It is absolutely breathtaking.

    St. John, is a smaller island just off the American Virgin Islands' St. Thomas.

    St. John is about 75 % national park, I think it was... and the beach is Trunk Bay.

    It has an -underground- park underwater, with stones describing certain places and plants, etc.

    two really outstanding places places to go see.

    Trunk Bay is perhaps the best known of the St. John beaches, but there are several on that island, any of which are great.

    I totally agree on both Maui and St. John. Great view from up there and also some excellent snorkeling places, though a couple of people were killed by sharks on Maui just before we got there. St. John is just one of a kind. Bucket List stuff.

    Favorite hiking zone for me is trails throughout Rocky Mountain National Park just outside Estes Park. I'm getting a bit old now for the really long 12-15 milers I used to do in my 30s and 40s. I always spend the first week taking the relatively shorter and lower altitude ones before taking on a few 10 milers (round trip).

    For a fall trip I tell people drive to western Mass and drive up through Vermont (Woodstock is as you said) and on to the White Mountains of N.H. There is a very excellent art gallery in Williamstown, Mass. that is worth spending a few hours in before taking the drive further on. Unbelievable collection that most are unaware even exists there. Take a look at their permanent collection.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clark_Art_Institute

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Williams College, alma mater of James Garfield...and George Steinbrenner I believe.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Erin Burnett of CNN-did not know that before looking it up-knew there was a reason I like watching her show.

  • Erin Burnett of CNN-did not know that before looking it up-knew there was a reason I like watching her show.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Erin Burnett of CNN-did not know that before looking it up-knew there was a reason I like watching her show.

    She's cute, used to be on CNBC when she was starting out.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    I think it was on this thread that we were relating which battle fields in the US we have been to.   Earlier this fall I did visit the Droop Mountain Civil War battlefield, which is in southeast West Virginia. 

    https://wvstateparks.com/park/droop-mountain-battlefield-state-park/

    Also, earlier this summer, I went to the Corydon Battlefield, which again is Civil War, and  in southern Indiana.  It is the only Civil War battle fought in Indiana:

    http://www.corydonbattlepark.com/battle.html

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Also, I don't think I had mentioned this, but this past summer I spent a couple of days in Boston......and among other things went to the site of the Battle of Bunker Hill...which I had not been to before.

    http://www.history.com/topics/american-revolution/battle-of-bunker-hill

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    And just as a side note,   of the 417 National Park Units,  I have visited 335 of them:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_United_States_National_Park_System_official_units

  • And just as a side note,   of the 417 National Park Units,  I have visited 335 of them:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_United_States_National_Park_System_official_units

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    And just as a side note,   of the 417 National Park Units,  I have visited 335 of them:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_United_States_National_Park_System_official_units

    AH HA......GIPPER'S REAL IDENTITY REVEALED! 

    I was toting my pack along the long dusty Winnemucca road
    When along came a semi with a high canvas covered load
    If your goin' to Winnemucca, Mack with me you can ride
    And so I climbed into the cab and then I settled down inside
    He asked me if I'd seen a road with so much dust and sand
    And I said, "Listen! I've traveled every road in this here land!"
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Reno
    Chicago
    Fargo
    Minnesota
    Buffalo
    Toronto
    Winslow
    Sarasota
    Whichta
    Tulsa
    Ottowa
    Oklahoma
    Tampa
    Panama
    Mattua
    LaPaloma
    Bangor
    Baltimore
    Salvador
    Amarillo
    Tocapillo
    Pocotello
    Amperdllo
    I'm a Killer
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Boston
    Charleston
    Dayton
    Louisiana
    Washington
    Houston
    Kingston
    Texarkana
    Monterey
    Fairaday
    Santa Fe
    Tollaperson
    Glen Rock
    Black Rock
    Little Rock
    Oskaloussa
    Tennessee
    Tinnesay
    Chickapee
    Spirit Lake
    Grand Lake
    Devil's Lake
    Crater Lake
    For Pete's Sake
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Louisville
    Nashville
    Knoxville
    Omerback
    Shereville
    Jacksonville
    Waterville
    Costa Rock
    Richfield
    Springfield
    Bakersfield
    Shreveport
    Hakensack
    Cadallic
    Fond do Lac
    Davenport
    Idaho
    Jellico
    Argentina
    Diamondtina
    Pasadena
    Catalina
    See What I Mean
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Pittsburgh
    Parkersburg
    Gravelburg
    Colorado
    Ellisburg
    Rexburg
    Vicksburg
    Eldorado
    Larimore
    Adimore
    Habastock
    Chadanocka
    Shasta
    Nebraska
    Alaska
    Opalacka
    Baraboo
    Waterloo
    Kalamazoo
    Kansas City
    Souix City
    Cedar City
    Dodge City
    What a pity
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
  • @the-gipper said:

    And just as a side note,   of the 417 National Park Units,  I have visited 335 of them:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_United_States_National_Park_System_official_units

    AH HA......GIPPER'S REAL IDENTITY REVEALED! 

    I was toting my pack along the long dusty Winnemucca road
    When along came a semi with a high canvas covered load
    If your goin' to Winnemucca, Mack with me you can ride
    And so I climbed into the cab and then I settled down inside
    He asked me if I'd seen a road with so much dust and sand
    And I said, "Listen! I've traveled every road in this here land!"
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Reno
    Chicago
    Fargo
    Minnesota
    Buffalo
    Toronto
    Winslow
    Sarasota
    Whichta
    Tulsa
    Ottowa
    Oklahoma
    Tampa
    Panama
    Mattua
    LaPaloma
    Bangor
    Baltimore
    Salvador
    Amarillo
    Tocapillo
    Pocotello
    Amperdllo
    I'm a Killer
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Boston
    Charleston
    Dayton
    Louisiana
    Washington
    Houston
    Kingston
    Texarkana
    Monterey
    Fairaday
    Santa Fe
    Tollaperson
    Glen Rock
    Black Rock
    Little Rock
    Oskaloussa
    Tennessee
    Tinnesay
    Chickapee
    Spirit Lake
    Grand Lake
    Devil's Lake
    Crater Lake
    For Pete's Sake
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Louisville
    Nashville
    Knoxville
    Omerback
    Shereville
    Jacksonville
    Waterville
    Costa Rock
    Richfield
    Springfield
    Bakersfield
    Shreveport
    Hakensack
    Cadallic
    Fond do Lac
    Davenport
    Idaho
    Jellico
    Argentina
    Diamondtina
    Pasadena
    Catalina
    See What I Mean
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Pittsburgh
    Parkersburg
    Gravelburg
    Colorado
    Ellisburg
    Rexburg
    Vicksburg
    Eldorado
    Larimore
    Adimore
    Habastock
    Chadanocka
    Shasta
    Nebraska
    Alaska
    Opalacka
    Baraboo
    Waterloo
    Kalamazoo
    Kansas City
    Souix City
    Cedar City
    Dodge City
    What a pity
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    I was toting my pack along the long dusty Winnemucca road
    When along came a semi with a high canvas covered load
    If your goin' to Winnemucca, Mack with me you can ride
    And so I climbed into the cab and then I settled down inside
    He asked me if I'd seen a road with so much dust and sand
    And I said, "Listen! I've traveled every road in this here land!"
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Reno
    Chicago
    Fargo
    Minnesota
    Buffalo
    Toronto
    Winslow
    Sarasota
    Whichta
    Tulsa
    Ottowa
    Oklahoma
    Tampa
    Panama
    Mattua
    LaPaloma
    Bangor
    Baltimore
    Salvador
    Amarillo
    Tocapillo
    Pocotello
    Amperdllo
    I'm a Killer
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Boston
    Charleston
    Dayton
    Louisiana
    Washington
    Houston
    Kingston
    Texarkana
    Monterey
    Fairaday
    Santa Fe
    Tollaperson
    Glen Rock
    Black Rock
    Little Rock
    Oskaloussa
    Tennessee
    Tinnesay
    Chickapee
    Spirit Lake
    Grand Lake
    Devil's Lake
    Crater Lake
    For Pete's Sake
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Louisville
    Nashville
    Knoxville
    Omerback
    Shereville
    Jacksonville
    Waterville
    Costa Rock
    Richfield
    Springfield
    Bakersfield
    Shreveport
    Hakensack
    Cadallic
    Fond do Lac
    Davenport
    Idaho
    Jellico
    Argentina
    Diamondtina
    Pasadena
    Catalina
    See What I Mean
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Pittsburgh
    Parkersburg
    Gravelburg
    Colorado
    Ellisburg
    Rexburg
    Vicksburg
    Eldorado
    Larimore
    Adimore
    Habastock
    Chadanocka
    Shasta
    Nebraska
    Alaska
    Opalacka
    Baraboo
    Waterloo
    Kalamazoo
    Kansas City
    Souix City
    Cedar City
    Dodge City
    What a pity
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man

    I have been to most of these places.  A few of them are in S. America though.

  • @mjp28 said:

    I was toting my pack along the long dusty Winnemucca road
    When along came a semi with a high canvas covered load
    If your goin' to Winnemucca, Mack with me you can ride
    And so I climbed into the cab and then I settled down inside
    He asked me if I'd seen a road with so much dust and sand
    And I said, "Listen! I've traveled every road in this here land!"
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Reno
    Chicago
    Fargo
    Minnesota
    Buffalo
    Toronto
    Winslow
    Sarasota
    Whichta
    Tulsa
    Ottowa
    Oklahoma
    Tampa
    Panama
    Mattua
    LaPaloma
    Bangor
    Baltimore
    Salvador
    Amarillo
    Tocapillo
    Pocotello
    Amperdllo
    I'm a Killer
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Boston
    Charleston
    Dayton
    Louisiana
    Washington
    Houston
    Kingston
    Texarkana
    Monterey
    Fairaday
    Santa Fe
    Tollaperson
    Glen Rock
    Black Rock
    Little Rock
    Oskaloussa
    Tennessee
    Tinnesay
    Chickapee
    Spirit Lake
    Grand Lake
    Devil's Lake
    Crater Lake
    For Pete's Sake
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Louisville
    Nashville
    Knoxville
    Omerback
    Shereville
    Jacksonville
    Waterville
    Costa Rock
    Richfield
    Springfield
    Bakersfield
    Shreveport
    Hakensack
    Cadallic
    Fond do Lac
    Davenport
    Idaho
    Jellico
    Argentina
    Diamondtina
    Pasadena
    Catalina
    See What I Mean
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Pittsburgh
    Parkersburg
    Gravelburg
    Colorado
    Ellisburg
    Rexburg
    Vicksburg
    Eldorado
    Larimore
    Adimore
    Habastock
    Chadanocka
    Shasta
    Nebraska
    Alaska
    Opalacka
    Baraboo
    Waterloo
    Kalamazoo
    Kansas City
    Souix City
    Cedar City
    Dodge City
    What a pity
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man

    I have been to most of these places.  A few of them are in S. America though.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    I have been to most of these places.  A few of them are in S. America though.

    Oh yes I used to travel a lot whether it was in scouts, vacation or business I don't think that I have ever regretted a single trip......I'm sure that you feel the same way.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Others have also placed Blowing Rock NC on this list. Again, I have not been there, so I cannot rate. Hope to stop by there some day soon.

    Forgot about this:   I did indeed get to Blowing Rock this past fall, on my trek up the Blue Ridge Parkway.   In fact, it is where I spent the night about halfway up.  A very nice little town.  Quaint.    It won't displace my top 5, but it will make it to the Top Ten likely. 

    So, to Ballpeen and a couple of others, thanks for bring this town to my attention.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    May National Park Unit count is now up to 343 of the 417  National Park Units.

    My latest visits, about a month ago were to:

    The Reconstruction Era National Monument

    https://www.nps.gov/reer/index.htm

    The Birmingham Civil Rights National Monument

    https://www.nps.gov/bicr/index.htm

    The Freedom Riders National Monument

    https://www.nps.gov/frri/index.htm

    The Manhattan Project National Historic Park   in Oak Ridge TN

    https://www.nps.gov/mapr/index.htm

    I also revisited a couple of other national park units:    Great Smoky Mountains NP, and the Natchez Trace parkway

    https://www.nps.gov/grsm/index.htm

    https://www.nps.gov/natr/index.htm

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    In a bit over a month I will be taking another trip to parts of Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas mainly.  Included will be 3 more NP units. George Washington Carver,   

    Pea Ridge...another Civil War battle site

    Fort Smith.

  • @the-gipper said:

    And just as a side note,   of the 417 National Park Units,  I have visited 335 of them:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_United_States_National_Park_System_official_units

    AH HA......GIPPER'S REAL IDENTITY REVEALED! 

    I was toting my pack along the long dusty Winnemucca road
    When along came a semi with a high canvas covered load
    If your goin' to Winnemucca, Mack with me you can ride
    And so I climbed into the cab and then I settled down inside
    He asked me if I'd seen a road with so much dust and sand
    And I said, "Listen! I've traveled every road in this here land!"
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Reno
    Chicago
    Fargo
    Minnesota
    Buffalo
    Toronto
    Winslow
    Sarasota
    Whichta
    Tulsa
    Ottowa
    Oklahoma
    Tampa
    Panama
    Mattua
    LaPaloma
    Bangor
    Baltimore
    Salvador
    Amarillo
    Tocapillo
    Pocotello
    Amperdllo
    I'm a Killer
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Boston
    Charleston
    Dayton
    Louisiana
    Washington
    Houston
    Kingston
    Texarkana
    Monterey
    Fairaday
    Santa Fe
    Tollaperson
    Glen Rock
    Black Rock
    Little Rock
    Oskaloussa
    Tennessee
    Tinnesay
    Chickapee
    Spirit Lake
    Grand Lake
    Devil's Lake
    Crater Lake
    For Pete's Sake
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Louisville
    Nashville
    Knoxville
    Omerback
    Shereville
    Jacksonville
    Waterville
    Costa Rock
    Richfield
    Springfield
    Bakersfield
    Shreveport
    Hakensack
    Cadallic
    Fond do Lac
    Davenport
    Idaho
    Jellico
    Argentina
    Diamondtina
    Pasadena
    Catalina
    See What I Mean
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Pittsburgh
    Parkersburg
    Gravelburg
    Colorado
    Ellisburg
    Rexburg
    Vicksburg
    Eldorado
    Larimore
    Adimore
    Habastock
    Chadanocka
    Shasta
    Nebraska
    Alaska
    Opalacka
    Baraboo
    Waterloo
    Kalamazoo
    Kansas City
    Souix City
    Cedar City
    Dodge City
    What a pity
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    I was toting my pack along the long dusty Winnemucca road
    When along came a semi with a high canvas covered load
    If your goin' to Winnemucca, Mack with me you can ride
    And so I climbed into the cab and then I settled down inside
    He asked me if I'd seen a road with so much dust and sand
    And I said, "Listen! I've traveled every road in this here land!"
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Reno
    Chicago
    Fargo
    Minnesota
    Buffalo
    Toronto
    Winslow
    Sarasota
    Whichta
    Tulsa
    Ottowa
    Oklahoma
    Tampa

    Panama.....been to Panama City Fla....but not the country
    Mattua...places by this name in like Russia, Indonesia, Bangladesh.
    LaPaloma...this is in Uruguay, never been
    Bangor
    Baltimore

    Salvador
    Amarillo

    Tocapillo....this is in Chile...never been
    Pocotello
    Amperdllo...a made up place, nothing on Google or Google maps
    I'm a Killer
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Boston
    Charleston
    Dayton
    Louisiana
    Washington
    Houston

    Kingston...there are several Kingston, NY state, Ontario, Jamaica.  not been to Jamaica
    Texarkana
    Monterey

    Fairaday..WVa, not been
    Santa Fe
    Tollaperson....this is another bad misspelling...or another made up place 
    Glen Rock...New Jersey suburb of NYC....not sure if I have been there, but been all around it.
    Black Rock...the only Black Rock I can find is the temporary city that is set up for the Burning man event
    Little Rock
    Oskaloussa...SE Iowa, not been
    Tennessee
    Tinnesay...this is not a place.....misspelling of Tennessee
    Chickapee...actually spelled Chicopee
    Spirit Lake....in Iowa...will be there in October
    Grand Lake
    Devil's Lake....State park near Baraboo Wisc.  been by but not to
    Crater Lake
    For Pete's Sake
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Louisville
    Nashville
    Knoxville

    Omerback...Omerbach....Germany...not been
    Shereville...another misspelled name I think  Schererville in No. Indiana, Chicago suburb, not been.
    Jacksonville
    Waterville
    Costa Rock....if this is supposed to be Costa Rico...not been...no such place as Costa Rock
    Richfield
    Springfield
    Bakersfield
    Shreveport
    Hakensack

    Cadallic....north central Michigan....not been.
    Fond do Lac..in Wisconsin...I have been to many surrounding towns, but not been here
    Davenport
    Idaho
    Jellico 
    Argentina....not been
    Diamondtina....in Brazil...not been
    Pasadena
    Catalina...island off Calif...not been
    See What I Mean
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man
    I've been everywhere
    I've been to,
    Pittsburgh
    Parkersburg

    Gravelburg....in southern Saskatchewan, not been
    Colorado
    Ellisburg
    Rexburg
    Vicksburg
    Eldorado

    Larimore...in central North Dakota, not been
    Adimore...this comes up only as a jewelry store in LA
    Habastock.....this may not be a real place.  Closest Google comes in Haverstock
    Chadanocka.....this is not a real place apparently...nothing comes up on Google...other than it being in the song
    Shasta
    Nebraska
    Alaska
    Opalacka
    Baraboo
    Waterloo
    Kalamazoo

    Kansas City
    Souix City...Iowa....not been yet, but scheduled to go there in October.
    Cedar City
    Dodge City
    What a pity
    I've been everywhere, man
    I've been everywhere, man
    Crossed the deserts bare, man
    I've breatherd the mountain air, man
    Travel, I've had my share, man

    I have highlighted all the place that I think I have been to.