Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. RB, James Davis

RB, James Davis

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
7 Posts 6 Posters 1.3k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
    • 4k Posts
    • 139 Reputation
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #1

    681455m.jpg

    JAMES DAVIS

    Davis held off C.J. Spiller for three years to start at Clemson, was a preseason sensation as a rookie. However, his role is to be determined under a new front office.

    After appearing in two games and being inactive for a third, Davis was placed on injured reserve on October 3rd. "The rehab process went really (well)," Davis said. "Right now, I made this my hardest offseason that I ever had because I'm making a comeback. I'm trying to get as strong as possible, stronger than I've ever been before. I know it's going to take a lot of work this offseason to get there and that's what I'm doing right now, working as hard as I can. Right now, I'm 100 percent, but I'm only getting stronger. I'm going to come in and work like I did as a rookie. All those opportunities I get to get in there, I'm going to play like I'm a rookie. I'm out there trying to get a job, so that's what I'm looking forward to."

    1 Reply Last reply
    ❤
    Quote Reply
    • blowe B
      • 2k Posts
      • 127 Reputation
      B blowe wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I hope that Davis can live up to the potential we saw last preseason. He is a hard runner and faster than most think. If he can continue to adapt to the NFL level of play I could see him as our #1 back ahead of harrison and hillis. That would be quite a three headed monster running the ball

      "The purpose of the military is to kill people and break things " - mike huckabee
      ATENEARSA 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • B blowe

        I hope that Davis can live up to the potential we saw last preseason. He is a hard runner and faster than most think. If he can continue to adapt to the NFL level of play I could see him as our #1 back ahead of harrison and hillis. That would be quite a three headed monster running the ball

        ATENEARS ATENEARSA Founder In Memoriam
        • 4k Posts
        • 139 Reputation
        ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @blowe said:

        I hope that Davis can live up to the potential we saw last preseason. He is a hard runner and faster than most think. If he can continue to adapt to the NFL level of play I could see him as our #1 back ahead of harrison and hillis. That would be quite a three headed monster running the ball

        I agree. I loved what I saw of him while attending camp in Berea last year. He followed that up with a stellar preseason. Ttoo bad for the injury, but hope this new regime can get him the opportunities he needs.

        ballpeenB 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • professor_g P
          • 244 Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          P professor_g wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Davis was such an exciting player to watch, and (if I recall correctly) he seemed to be a hard-working, good-character guy off the field. I'd really like to see him get a chance and succeed.

          Coach Holmgren: "I made the decision to keep Eric [Mangini] and every day I know I did the right thing."
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Mr. T Mr. TM
            • 7k Posts
            • 184 Reputation
            Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I like the attitude. If he continues he may give us that one two punch in the running game. Harrison should be coming in as the starter after last years season ending performance, but we cant run him 35 - 40 times a game and expect him to have fresh legs in December.

            Head or Gut?
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • ClevelandBigDawg C
              • 571 Posts
              • 8 Reputation
              C ClevelandBigDawg wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Love this dude. He will almost definately make the final cuts based on potential and such, but he will have to "battle" for it. Basically I think that he has shown quite a bit and will play an important part in this upcoming year.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • ATENEARSA ATENEARS

                @blowe said:

                I hope that Davis can live up to the potential we saw last preseason. He is a hard runner and faster than most think. If he can continue to adapt to the NFL level of play I could see him as our #1 back ahead of harrison and hillis. That would be quite a three headed monster running the ball

                I agree. I loved what I saw of him while attending camp in Berea last year. He followed that up with a stellar preseason. Ttoo bad for the injury, but hope this new regime can get him the opportunities he needs.

                ballpeen ballpeenB Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 9k Posts
                • 2k Reputation
                ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @atenears said:

                I agree. I loved what I saw of him while attending camp in Berea last year. He followed that up with a stellar preseason. Ttoo bad for the injury, but hope this new regime can get him the opportunities he needs.

                Thats the worry. Opportunity is almost as important as talent. The guy who gets the chance is usually going to look the best.

                If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply

                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                Register Login
                Reply
                • Reply as topic
                Log in to reply
                • Oldest to Newest
                • Newest to Oldest
                • Most Votes


                Theme
                • System
                • Light
                • Dark
                The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                • First post
                  Last post
                0
                • Forums
                • Recent
                • Popular
                • Users
                • Donate