Official Draft Day Thread
-
personally i think that if berry is gone, we should trade down to the early/mid teens and get earl thomas. i don't want a diva receiver at 7, and i think spiller has reggie bush like tendencies. no qb at that spot either. only a db.
-
Its going to be an interesting draft as the browns regime has done a good job of concealing their intentions...i like to think safety at 7th either berry or thomas depending on if berry is there but there is serious reason to question if the browns will take a safety or even a CB that high and a trade down wouldnt be suprising if this regimes targeted guy/guys are gone or could still be on the board later..
7:30 cant get here soon enough!
-
I'm going to get really ambitious here...........
If Berry is gone...
Trades getting us into the 20's as well as more 2nd and 3rd round picks. Colt McCoy late in the 1st and then a DB and a WR in the 2nd. Maybe McCourtney and a big WR.
I'm going to get really ambitious here...........
If Berry is gone...
Trades getting us into the 20's as well as more 2nd and 3rd round picks. Colt McCoy late in the 1st and then a DB and a WR in the 2nd. Maybe McCourtney and a big WR.
If we can trade down and get another 2nd rounder I like this option assuming holmgren is sold on mccoy. I want to get our future QB this year. Give him some time to develop as you build the rest of the team.
But, I wouldn't be locked in to picking a certain position with our 2nd and 3rd round picks. I would look for starters and there would be the opportunity to get five starters if you went BPA. As Heckert had said if two players are closely ranked you go for position of need otherwise you draft the guy most likely to be a good player
-
Its going to be an interesting draft as the browns regime has done a good job of concealing their intentions...i like to think safety at 7th either berry or thomas depending on if berry is there but there is serious reason to question if the browns will take a safety or even a CB that high and a trade down wouldnt be suprising if this regimes targeted guy/guys are gone or could still be on the board later..
7:30 cant get here soon enough!
Its going to be an interesting draft as the browns regime has done a good job of concealing their intentions...i like to think safety at 7th either berry or thomas depending on if berry is there but there is serious reason to question if the browns will take a safety or even a CB that high and a trade down wouldnt be suprising if this regimes targeted guy/guys are gone or could still be on the board later..
7:30 cant get here soon enough!
Earl Thomas at #7 may seem like a reach but I wouldn't be against it either. I have seen him going between 10 and 20 and if the Browns like him, they should take him. I know a lot of us like him!
-
Word out of Berea today is making it seem like the Browns are not going offense at all with the first pick. Thats fine, but I would hate to pass up another LT or Adrian Peterson.
-
I am oozing with excitement for this draft , way more than last year!
Hurry up time ... get out of the way! The draft is ahead!
-
YAY! It's draft day, one of my most favorite days of the year! How do I get to celebrate? By umpiring baseball game. crap.
-
I think the Eagles would be our trade down partners if we do in fact trade down. The Eagles are rumored to want either Eric Berry or Earl Thomas, and are said to be willing to trade "way up" and I am thinking that we have shown interest in both of them. I dont know if I would want to if Berry is still there, but if he is gone, then I would definately do it. This should be a very fun draft.
-
Word out of Berea today is making it seem like the Browns are not going offense at all with the first pick. Thats fine, but I would hate to pass up another LT or Adrian Peterson.
Word out of Berea today is making it seem like the Browns are not going offense at all with the first pick. Thats fine, but I would hate to pass up another LT or Adrian Peterson.
I heard a interview with CJ Spiller. Not only does the dude have excellent physical skills, he has his head screwed on right. Finished his degree and was talking about going back for his Masters. But with the 7th, nah.
-
Word out of Berea today is making it seem like the Browns are not going offense at all with the first pick. Thats fine, but I would hate to pass up another LT or Adrian Peterson.
I heard a interview with CJ Spiller. Not only does the dude have excellent physical skills, he has his head screwed on right. Finished his degree and was talking about going back for his Masters. But with the 7th, nah.
I heard a interview with CJ Spiller. Not only does the dude have excellent physical skills, he has his head screwed on right. Finished his degree and was talking about going back for his Masters. But with the 7th, nah.
heard the same and agree. the problem with this predraft media blitz is everyone is doing their last-ditch sell efforts. i'm sure their agents are throwing these guys up as available to be interviewd etc. is that their stock is dropping and they're trying to rebuild the momentum behind their guy. c.j. spiller is the best running back in the draft but we got so many other needs. don't know what to think anymore.
-
Word out of Berea today is making it seem like the Browns are not going offense at all with the first pick. Thats fine, but I would hate to pass up another LT or Adrian Peterson.
I heard a interview with CJ Spiller. Not only does the dude have excellent physical skills, he has his head screwed on right. Finished his degree and was talking about going back for his Masters. But with the 7th, nah.
I heard a interview with CJ Spiller. Not only does the dude have excellent physical skills, he has his head screwed on right. Finished his degree and was talking about going back for his Masters. But with the 7th, nah.
No, no, he said he was going back "for the Masters". He played at Clemson which is just a hop and a skip from Augusta.

-
I heard a interview with CJ Spiller. Not only does the dude have excellent physical skills, he has his head screwed on right. Finished his degree and was talking about going back for his Masters. But with the 7th, nah.
No, no, he said he was going back "for the Masters". He played at Clemson which is just a hop and a skip from Augusta.

No, no, he said he was going back "for the Masters". He played at Clemson which is just a hop and a skip from Augusta.

No no no.
He's from a very rural part of the south that has yet to find out the outcome of the civil war.
He meant he was going back to his.....
uh....
(bad joke I know)
WSS
-
I heard a interview with CJ Spiller. Not only does the dude have excellent physical skills, he has his head screwed on right. Finished his degree and was talking about going back for his Masters. But with the 7th, nah.
No, no, he said he was going back "for the Masters". He played at Clemson which is just a hop and a skip from Augusta.

No, no, he said he was going back "for the Masters". He played at Clemson which is just a hop and a skip from Augusta.

No man, a Masters is Sociology. I heard the interview with Rizzo. He stayed another year to finish his degree.
-
Here is to hoping the Chiefs go OT and not Berry
-
No, no, he said he was going back "for the Masters". He played at Clemson which is just a hop and a skip from Augusta.

No no no.
He's from a very rural part of the south that has yet to find out the outcome of the civil war.
He meant he was going back to his.....
uh....
(bad joke I know)
WSS
No no no.
He's from a very rural part of the south that has yet to find out the outcome of the civil war.
He meant he was going back to his.....
uh....
(bad joke I know)
WSS
man are u so clever.
-
I'm confident, regardless what happens, we'll get a player that will help the Browns. I think perhaps we are over-valueing Berry a bit. Don't know if he's as good as what we all think.
The player i'd lose my head about is Clausen, i just think it is the wrong pick for our team right now. That being said, i trust H&H and will back their choice.
-
if we do end up getting colt mccoy, i definitely want jordan shipley, i never understand why nfl team dont try to pair qbs with wrs, when you think about it they already know each other like the back of their hand and thats a huge advantage
ex:
chad henne - braylon edwards
chad pennington - randy moss
elvis grbac - desmond howard
-
If you view McCoy as a project at QB, then I think we're making a big mistake by drafting him in the first three rounds. This team needs best player available in the first three rounds at need positions.
Like this: Berry/Thomas in 1st, Tate/Benn in 2nd, etc.
Drafting McCoy, who MAYBE develops into the QB of the future, is erasing your chance to grab a talented guy who can step in and play for the next several years.
The Browns' history of second rounders is nearly as bad, if not worse, as the first rounders. I am firm in believing that where the Browns go after Thursday's portion of the draft is more vital to the future success of the franchise than what we do at #7.
I am certain that whomever is the pick at #7 tonight will immediately help this club: Berry, Thomas, Haden, Bryant -- who out of that group wouldn't immediately make this club better?
I don't have the same certainty about our #38 pick, especially if we're thinking McCoy. In fact, I think this QB crop is one of the worst in years. Of the top 4 guys, only Clausen has any experience in a pro offense. No way to any QB in our first four picks at least.
I'm hoping for Berry and Golden Tate. I'm thinking, however, that it's going to be Thomas and McCoy for our first two.
-
if we do end up getting colt mccoy, i definitely want jordan shipley, i never understand why nfl team dont try to pair qbs with wrs, when you think about it they already know each other like the back of their hand and thats a huge advantage
ex:
chad henne - braylon edwards
chad pennington - randy moss
elvis grbac - desmond howard
if we do end up getting colt mccoy, i definitely want jordan shipley, i never understand why nfl team dont try to pair qbs with wrs, when you think about it they already know each other like the back of their hand and thats a huge advantage
I gotta admit, I'm getting psyched for this. Hurry up and come already! (That's what she said).
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login