Official Draft Day Thread
-
YAY! It's draft day, one of my most favorite days of the year! How do I get to celebrate? By umpiring baseball game. crap.
-
I think the Eagles would be our trade down partners if we do in fact trade down. The Eagles are rumored to want either Eric Berry or Earl Thomas, and are said to be willing to trade "way up" and I am thinking that we have shown interest in both of them. I dont know if I would want to if Berry is still there, but if he is gone, then I would definately do it. This should be a very fun draft.
-
Word out of Berea today is making it seem like the Browns are not going offense at all with the first pick. Thats fine, but I would hate to pass up another LT or Adrian Peterson.
Word out of Berea today is making it seem like the Browns are not going offense at all with the first pick. Thats fine, but I would hate to pass up another LT or Adrian Peterson.
I heard a interview with CJ Spiller. Not only does the dude have excellent physical skills, he has his head screwed on right. Finished his degree and was talking about going back for his Masters. But with the 7th, nah.
-
Word out of Berea today is making it seem like the Browns are not going offense at all with the first pick. Thats fine, but I would hate to pass up another LT or Adrian Peterson.
I heard a interview with CJ Spiller. Not only does the dude have excellent physical skills, he has his head screwed on right. Finished his degree and was talking about going back for his Masters. But with the 7th, nah.
I heard a interview with CJ Spiller. Not only does the dude have excellent physical skills, he has his head screwed on right. Finished his degree and was talking about going back for his Masters. But with the 7th, nah.
heard the same and agree. the problem with this predraft media blitz is everyone is doing their last-ditch sell efforts. i'm sure their agents are throwing these guys up as available to be interviewd etc. is that their stock is dropping and they're trying to rebuild the momentum behind their guy. c.j. spiller is the best running back in the draft but we got so many other needs. don't know what to think anymore.
-
Word out of Berea today is making it seem like the Browns are not going offense at all with the first pick. Thats fine, but I would hate to pass up another LT or Adrian Peterson.
I heard a interview with CJ Spiller. Not only does the dude have excellent physical skills, he has his head screwed on right. Finished his degree and was talking about going back for his Masters. But with the 7th, nah.
I heard a interview with CJ Spiller. Not only does the dude have excellent physical skills, he has his head screwed on right. Finished his degree and was talking about going back for his Masters. But with the 7th, nah.
No, no, he said he was going back "for the Masters". He played at Clemson which is just a hop and a skip from Augusta.

-
I heard a interview with CJ Spiller. Not only does the dude have excellent physical skills, he has his head screwed on right. Finished his degree and was talking about going back for his Masters. But with the 7th, nah.
No, no, he said he was going back "for the Masters". He played at Clemson which is just a hop and a skip from Augusta.

No, no, he said he was going back "for the Masters". He played at Clemson which is just a hop and a skip from Augusta.

No no no.
He's from a very rural part of the south that has yet to find out the outcome of the civil war.
He meant he was going back to his.....
uh....
(bad joke I know)
WSS
-
I heard a interview with CJ Spiller. Not only does the dude have excellent physical skills, he has his head screwed on right. Finished his degree and was talking about going back for his Masters. But with the 7th, nah.
No, no, he said he was going back "for the Masters". He played at Clemson which is just a hop and a skip from Augusta.

No, no, he said he was going back "for the Masters". He played at Clemson which is just a hop and a skip from Augusta.

No man, a Masters is Sociology. I heard the interview with Rizzo. He stayed another year to finish his degree.
-
Here is to hoping the Chiefs go OT and not Berry
-
No, no, he said he was going back "for the Masters". He played at Clemson which is just a hop and a skip from Augusta.

No no no.
He's from a very rural part of the south that has yet to find out the outcome of the civil war.
He meant he was going back to his.....
uh....
(bad joke I know)
WSS
No no no.
He's from a very rural part of the south that has yet to find out the outcome of the civil war.
He meant he was going back to his.....
uh....
(bad joke I know)
WSS
man are u so clever.
-
I'm confident, regardless what happens, we'll get a player that will help the Browns. I think perhaps we are over-valueing Berry a bit. Don't know if he's as good as what we all think.
The player i'd lose my head about is Clausen, i just think it is the wrong pick for our team right now. That being said, i trust H&H and will back their choice.
-
if we do end up getting colt mccoy, i definitely want jordan shipley, i never understand why nfl team dont try to pair qbs with wrs, when you think about it they already know each other like the back of their hand and thats a huge advantage
ex:
chad henne - braylon edwards
chad pennington - randy moss
elvis grbac - desmond howard
-
If you view McCoy as a project at QB, then I think we're making a big mistake by drafting him in the first three rounds. This team needs best player available in the first three rounds at need positions.
Like this: Berry/Thomas in 1st, Tate/Benn in 2nd, etc.
Drafting McCoy, who MAYBE develops into the QB of the future, is erasing your chance to grab a talented guy who can step in and play for the next several years.
The Browns' history of second rounders is nearly as bad, if not worse, as the first rounders. I am firm in believing that where the Browns go after Thursday's portion of the draft is more vital to the future success of the franchise than what we do at #7.
I am certain that whomever is the pick at #7 tonight will immediately help this club: Berry, Thomas, Haden, Bryant -- who out of that group wouldn't immediately make this club better?
I don't have the same certainty about our #38 pick, especially if we're thinking McCoy. In fact, I think this QB crop is one of the worst in years. Of the top 4 guys, only Clausen has any experience in a pro offense. No way to any QB in our first four picks at least.
I'm hoping for Berry and Golden Tate. I'm thinking, however, that it's going to be Thomas and McCoy for our first two.
-
if we do end up getting colt mccoy, i definitely want jordan shipley, i never understand why nfl team dont try to pair qbs with wrs, when you think about it they already know each other like the back of their hand and thats a huge advantage
ex:
chad henne - braylon edwards
chad pennington - randy moss
elvis grbac - desmond howard
if we do end up getting colt mccoy, i definitely want jordan shipley, i never understand why nfl team dont try to pair qbs with wrs, when you think about it they already know each other like the back of their hand and thats a huge advantage
I gotta admit, I'm getting psyched for this. Hurry up and come already! (That's what she said).
-
If you view McCoy as a project at QB, then I think we're making a big mistake by drafting him in the first three rounds. This team needs best player available in the first three rounds at need positions.
Like this: Berry/Thomas in 1st, Tate/Benn in 2nd, etc.
Drafting McCoy, who MAYBE develops into the QB of the future, is erasing your chance to grab a talented guy who can step in and play for the next several years.
The Browns' history of second rounders is nearly as bad, if not worse, as the first rounders. I am firm in believing that where the Browns go after Thursday's portion of the draft is more vital to the future success of the franchise than what we do at #7.
I am certain that whomever is the pick at #7 tonight will immediately help this club: Berry, Thomas, Haden, Bryant -- who out of that group wouldn't immediately make this club better?
I don't have the same certainty about our #38 pick, especially if we're thinking McCoy. In fact, I think this QB crop is one of the worst in years. Of the top 4 guys, only Clausen has any experience in a pro offense. No way to any QB in our first four picks at least.
I'm hoping for Berry and Golden Tate. I'm thinking, however, that it's going to be Thomas and McCoy for our first two.
it's going to be Thomas and McCoy for our first two.
i'm alright with that. this could all be a smokescreen with mccoy. the FO hasn't come out and said anything about any of these guys except clausen, which kind of scares me. i'm really hoping berry is there and then worry about filling in the OL on the right side. have all of these draft gurus forgot about the other qbs projected in the second and third? wasn't brady a sixth rounder?
-
As far as reciever goes i dont really want to spend our second round pick on a reciever. I hope we stay far far away from golden tate or benn for that reason. Plus anyway i think there are better options out there than these two anyway. Guys that i really like are Taylor Price, Carlton Mitchell, Andre Roberts, and Jordan Shipley, and Jacoby Ford. All could be taken in the second but more than likely at least two of these guys slip to the third. If we go reciever in the first three rounds i would really love to get one of these guys. My favorite being taylor price but he more than for sure will go in the second. Also a wild card reciever that i would like to pick up late in the draft is Armanti Edwards the QB turned reciever from App. State.
-
Adam_Schefter Can't decide if it's real -- guess we'll see soon enough -- but there are people who believe Cleveland will take CB Kyle Wilson at No. 7. (per Twitter)
More of this Kyle Wilson stuff....
-
Adam_Schefter Can't decide if it's real -- guess we'll see soon enough -- but there are people who believe Cleveland will take CB Kyle Wilson at No. 7. (per Twitter)
More of this Kyle Wilson stuff....
Adam_Schefter Can't decide if it's real -- guess we'll see soon enough -- but there are people who believe Cleveland will take CB Kyle Wilson at No. 7. (per Twitter)
More of this Kyle Wilson stuff....
WHO IS KYLE WILSON?!
-
Adam_Schefter Can't decide if it's real -- guess we'll see soon enough -- but there are people who believe Cleveland will take CB Kyle Wilson at No. 7. (per Twitter)
More of this Kyle Wilson stuff....
WHO IS KYLE WILSON?!
-
Word out of Berea today is making it seem like the Browns are not going offense at all with the first pick. Thats fine, but I would hate to pass up another LT or Adrian Peterson.
Word out of Berea today is making it seem like the Browns are not going offense at all with the first pick. Thats fine, but I would hate to pass up another LT or Adrian Peterson.
After considerable thought while on the course this afternoon....I think we are going with Dan Williams, DL, Tn....then ship Rogers out for a pick....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login