Skip to content

2nd ROUND PICK???

The Browns Board
79 35 6.9k
  • Ive been thinking kind of the same thing. How awesome would it be to be able to pick up an early extra second round pick and keep ours. Land McCoy if Holmy really likes him as it seems to be the case and then use the other pick to help sure us the defense either at defensive end or Safety preferably! Talk about Happy Endings for everyone!!!! DQ and a pick or two are probably our pawn pieces to get this done. I say get it done Holmy!

    The more and more i think about it the more i think i want mays really bad which surprises me because i wasnt that big on him before but now the circumstances have changed. With the talent at corner now we will be able to cheat a safety up a lot in the box. And how perfect could mays be for that role playing like a 5th linebacker which he already basically is but with the speed of a high end defensive back. With the mind of Ryan this would give him another nice piece. Im starting to think its the way we should go and would love to see it happen. I wouldnt mind seeing something happen at defensive end either!

    @haydenfox said:

    .............. The more and more i think about it the more i think i want mays really bad which surprises me because i wasnt that big on him before but now the circumstances have changed. With the talent at corner now we will be able to cheat a safety up a lot in the box. And how perfect could mays be for that role playing like a 5th linebacker which he already basically is but with the speed of a high end defensive back. With the mind of Ryan this would give him another nice piece. Im starting to think its the way we should go and would love to see it happen. I wouldnt mind seeing something happen at defensive end either!

    I agree that I now want Mays and I definately didn't want him in the first round, but the circumstances have changed because of our corner acqusisitions. Yes, DE help/stud is alaso a high goal.

  • I keep reading profiles on Mays...

    and he doesn't fit. I don't think he fits the SMART player,

    SUPER work ethic "mold".

    Seems like, I can't tell if Mays Loves the Game... or not.

    I'd pass.

  • ABC

    anyone but Clausen.

  • I keep reading profiles on Mays...

    and he doesn't fit. I don't think he fits the SMART player,

    SUPER work ethic "mold".

    Seems like, I can't tell if Mays Loves the Game... or not.

    I'd pass.

    @calfoxwc said:

    I keep reading profiles on Mays...

    and he doesn't fit. I don't think he fits the SMART player,

    SUPER work ethic "mold".

    Seems like, I can't tell if Mays Loves the Game... or not.

    I'd pass.

    Good point, and timely, especially after I just got done reading how Haden impressed the Browns brass at Berea with his love for the game, clean personality, and determination. I liked how they described it as they could feel the intensity in the room when interviewing Haden. Yes, you may be right, Mays doesn't fit this mold, I don't believe.

    I just want to see Mays take Hines Wards head off ... but I guess I could take pleasure in that no matter what uniform he is wearing.

  • I think Kam Chancellor would be a good third round pick for the Browns.. maybe, there are other safeties....

    but Brown moves to safety? Wow. Dynamic new secondary !

    The Browns second pick, proving all my mocks completely doofus, except for the one or two I picked Haden, GGG

    will be Colt. I have wanted an OT like Veldhees sp? ... but it seems that McCoy is meant to be a Cleveland Brown after all,

    it seems Ballpeen has been right.

    I thought he was very "short", and it seems he is actually 6' 3".

    but, he has the arm Lefeavor sp? (it's early), Charlie Frye, etc, wishes they had.

    I'm starting to figure that Holmgren and co, love this kid for GOOD REASON:

    It's Colt McCoy, if he's even there:

    http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Profiles/2010/Colt-McCoy

  • wouldn't mind cody.....love DL. getting wood for major wright....

  • I really feel they will take McCoy.

  • I think Kam Chancellor would be a good third round pick for the Browns.. maybe, there are other safeties....

    but Brown moves to safety? Wow. Dynamic new secondary !

    The Browns second pick, proving all my mocks completely doofus, except for the one or two I picked Haden, GGG

    will be Colt. I have wanted an OT like Veldhees sp? ... but it seems that McCoy is meant to be a Cleveland Brown after all,

    it seems Ballpeen has been right.

    I thought he was very "short", and it seems he is actually 6' 3".

    but, he has the arm Lefeavor sp? (it's early), Charlie Frye, etc, wishes they had.

    I'm starting to figure that Holmgren and co, love this kid for GOOD REASON:

    It's Colt McCoy, if he's even there:

    http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Profiles/2010/Colt-McCoy

    @calfoxwc said:

    I think Kam Chancellor would be a good third round pick for the Browns.. maybe, there are other safeties....

    but Brown moves to safety? Wow. Dynamic new secondary !

    The Browns second pick, proving all my mocks completely doofus, except for the one or two I picked Haden, GGG

    will be Colt. I have wanted an OT like Veldhees sp? ... but it seems that McCoy is meant to be a Cleveland Brown after all,

    it seems Ballpeen has been right.

    I thought he was very "short", and it seems he is actually 6' 3".

    but, he has the arm Lefeavor sp? (it's early), Charlie Frye, etc, wishes they had.

    I'm starting to figure that Holmgren and co, love this kid for GOOD REASON:

    It's Colt McCoy, if he's even there:

    His official draft height is 6'1''

    http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Profiles/2010/Colt-McCoy

  • His official draft height is 6'1'' Brownsbacker85

    *****************

    Yeah, that is what is says in my draft mag, too.

    I don't know, but it seems he certainly played behind his oline like he was 6' 3"...

    we just hafta go with this smart F.O. and coaching staff.

    We haven't been used to being able to do that, I know. 😉

  • I just hope we realize to avoid Clausen. It should be a strong signal to any clausen lovers what the people who know the NFL most truly think of him. I bet for sure someone comes into the early 2nd and picks him up, but we shall see. It's hilarious to me that Kiper had Clausen as the 4th best prospect overall and yet this happened. S

    I think good value at this point would be cody or sergio kindle (I don't think he'll be there) but the way this draft is going who knows. I wouldn't mind Mccoy but half of me thinks he'll be there start of the 3rd/late 2nd to scoop up.

    Random side note: Did anyone else realize how much the Big 12 dominated the 1st round this year? five of the top 6 six were from the Big 12, and 9 picks overall.

  • I just hope we realize to avoid Clausen. It should be a strong signal to any clausen lovers what the people who know the NFL most truly think of him. I bet for sure someone comes into the early 2nd and picks him up, but we shall see. It's hilarious to me that Kiper had Clausen as the 4th best prospect overall and yet this happened. S

    I think good value at this point would be cody or sergio kindle (I don't think he'll be there) but the way this draft is going who knows. I wouldn't mind Mccoy but half of me thinks he'll be there start of the 3rd/late 2nd to scoop up.

    Random side note: Did anyone else realize how much the Big 12 dominated the 1st round this year? five of the top 6 six were from the Big 12, and 9 picks overall.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I just hope we realize to avoid Clausen. It should be a strong signal to any clausen lovers what the people who know the NFL most truly think of him. I bet for sure someone comes into the early 2nd and picks him up, but we shall see. It's hilarious to me that Kiper had Clausen as the 4th best prospect overall and yet this happened. S

    I didn't watch the ESPN coverage of the draft but I heard Kiper about went into cardiac arrest because Clausen didn't get picked last night.

  • I think Kam Chancellor would be a good third round pick for the Browns.. maybe, there are other safeties....

    but Brown moves to safety? Wow. Dynamic new secondary !

    The Browns second pick, proving all my mocks completely doofus, except for the one or two I picked Haden, GGG

    will be Colt. I have wanted an OT like Veldhees sp? ... but it seems that McCoy is meant to be a Cleveland Brown after all,

    it seems Ballpeen has been right.

    I thought he was very "short", and it seems he is actually 6' 3".

    but, he has the arm Lefeavor sp? (it's early), Charlie Frye, etc, wishes they had.

    I'm starting to figure that Holmgren and co, love this kid for GOOD REASON:

    It's Colt McCoy, if he's even there:

    http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Profiles/2010/Colt-McCoy

    @calfoxwc said:

    I think Kam Chancellor would be a good third round pick for the Browns.. maybe, there are other safeties....

    but Brown moves to safety? Wow. Dynamic new secondary !

    The Browns second pick, proving all my mocks completely doofus, except for the one or two I picked Haden, GGG

    will be Colt. I have wanted an OT like Veldhees sp? ... but it seems that McCoy is meant to be a Cleveland Brown after all,

    it seems Ballpeen has been right.

    I thought he was very "short", and it seems he is actually 6' 3".

    but, he has the arm Lefeavor sp? (it's early), Charlie Frye, etc, wishes they had.

    I'm starting to figure that Holmgren and co, love this kid for GOOD REASON:

    It's Colt McCoy, if he's even there:

    I agree cal on your take on Mays. Those were kind of my feelings also on him and i too am not sure he is our front office's type of guy. As far as the hardwork goes i think he's one of the hardest workers in the draft when it comes to working out but i think the question on him for our front office is just how much of a student of the game is he? That i think is the big question on if they feel he will be a good fit. I do think though if he puts the time into his game and is willing to be coached up he is a great fit! We will see but i dont think it matters if Colt McCoy is on the board because i think he is almost definately ours if he is.

    The other thing is this draft is so loaded at safety they can proabably wait till the 3rd or 5th also and still get a possible starter. As far as Kam Chancellor goes i have watched him a lot the last few years and always thought he would be a nice addition for us. But i havent been as high on him anymore after hearing most nfl scouts dont project him as a safety but as an undersized linebacker who needs to bulk up. He is projected to be a 5th or 6th rounder now due to the fact that most teams dont know if he will be a line backer or safety and his lack of speed in coverage. I think in the sixth or late 5th he is worth a chance but im not that big on him anymore. Another option at safety though that i wouldnt mind is major wright. Im starting to think that he may be a solid fit for us too.

    http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Profiles/2010/Colt-McCoy

  • Terrence Cody, Taylor Mays, Morgan Burnett, Ciron Black, Daryl Washington, Golden Tate I'd be happy with any of these guys.

    nmills said:

    Terrence Cody, Taylor Mays, Morgan Burnett, Ciron Black, Daryl Washington, Golden Tate I'd be happy with any of these guys.

    I am thinking Cody might be one hell of a pick. Note first off that he did play in a power conference....he was the rock on the defensive line of the national champion......and he was schooled by a great defensive mind with pro connections: Nick Saban.

    There are no guarantees on anyone, but, to me, this guy seems like a real prime choice right now at a position the Browns need.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I just hope we realize to avoid Clausen. It should be a strong signal to any clausen lovers what the people who know the NFL most truly think of him. I bet for sure someone comes into the early 2nd and picks him up, but we shall see. It's hilarious to me that Kiper had Clausen as the 4th best prospect overall and yet this happened. S

    I didn't watch the ESPN coverage of the draft but I heard Kiper about went into cardiac arrest because Clausen didn't get picked last night.

    @next2nothing said:

    I didn't watch the ESPN coverage of the draft but I heard Kiper about went into cardiac arrest because Clausen didn't get picked last night.

    haha pretty much man. He basically defended himself for like 15 minutes despite no one calling him out about it. It was pretty pathetic.

  • getting Golden Tate would make my draft.

  • For what it's worth Michael Smith said it is doubtful that we use a 2 on a QB. He was right about us drafting Haden or Wilson yesterday.

    Holmgren has said all along that it is unlikely we are going to use a 1 or 2 on a QB. I think he wants to make sure he has a good situation in place before he throws someone in there.

  • Its Colt McCoy baby!!! There going to put Sheldon Brown at free safety.

  • For what it's worth Michael Smith said it is doubtful that we use a 2 on a QB. He was right about us drafting Haden or Wilson yesterday.

    Holmgren has said all along that it is unlikely we are going to use a 1 or 2 on a QB. I think he wants to make sure he has a good situation in place before he throws someone in there.

    @lebrent said:

    For what it's worth Michael Smith said it is doubtful that we use a 2 on a QB. He was right about us drafting Haden or Wilson yesterday.

    Holmgren has said all along that it is unlikely we are going to use a 1 or 2 on a QB. I think he wants to make sure he has a good situation in place before he throws someone in there.

    I agree totally with that philosophy. There will probably be better QBs coming out next year like Jake Locker, Ryan Mallet, Andrew Luck, Ricki Stanzi.

  • I'm surprised no one has mentioned taking Sergio Kindle if he's still available. The guy is one of the top rated 3-4 OLBs in the draft, a legitimate 1st round talent, and a more polished Brian Orakpo at LB. I just don't see why we should pass on this guy when he definitely fills a need unless of course we go the QB route

  • I'm surprised no one has mentioned taking Sergio Kindle if he's still available. The guy is one of the top rated 3-4 OLBs in the draft, a legitimate 1st round talent, and a more polished Brian Orakpo at LB. I just don't see why we should pass on this guy when he definitely fills a need unless of course we go the QB route

    @floridabrownsfan said:

    I'm surprised no one has mentioned taking Sergio Kindle if he's still available. The guy is one of the top rated 3-4 OLBs in the draft, a legitimate 1st round talent, and a more polished Brian Orakpo at LB. I just don't see why we should pass on this guy when he definitely fills a need unless of course we go the QB route

    a report just came out on pft that kindle might need micro fracture surgery.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...of-first-round/

    Medical issues pushed Kindle out of first round

    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 23, 2010 11:08 AM ET

    Texas linebacker Sergio Kindle surprisingly didn't get selected in the first round Thursday.

    Now we know why.

    Several teams had Kindle off their board due to medical issues, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. Chip Brown of Rivals.com writes that Kindle's knee was a "serious" medical risk that could require microfracture surgery.

    Kindle also takes medication for narcolepsy and ADD, although we doubt those are major issues. Kindle is known for his football intelligence, but his durability risks was too great for teams to take in the first round.

    At some point in the second round, we think the risk of his injuries will be worth the reward of his considerable talents.