Skip to content

2nd ROUND PICK???

The Browns Board
79 35 6.9k
  • I just hope we realize to avoid Clausen. It should be a strong signal to any clausen lovers what the people who know the NFL most truly think of him. I bet for sure someone comes into the early 2nd and picks him up, but we shall see. It's hilarious to me that Kiper had Clausen as the 4th best prospect overall and yet this happened. S

    I think good value at this point would be cody or sergio kindle (I don't think he'll be there) but the way this draft is going who knows. I wouldn't mind Mccoy but half of me thinks he'll be there start of the 3rd/late 2nd to scoop up.

    Random side note: Did anyone else realize how much the Big 12 dominated the 1st round this year? five of the top 6 six were from the Big 12, and 9 picks overall.

  • I just hope we realize to avoid Clausen. It should be a strong signal to any clausen lovers what the people who know the NFL most truly think of him. I bet for sure someone comes into the early 2nd and picks him up, but we shall see. It's hilarious to me that Kiper had Clausen as the 4th best prospect overall and yet this happened. S

    I think good value at this point would be cody or sergio kindle (I don't think he'll be there) but the way this draft is going who knows. I wouldn't mind Mccoy but half of me thinks he'll be there start of the 3rd/late 2nd to scoop up.

    Random side note: Did anyone else realize how much the Big 12 dominated the 1st round this year? five of the top 6 six were from the Big 12, and 9 picks overall.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I just hope we realize to avoid Clausen. It should be a strong signal to any clausen lovers what the people who know the NFL most truly think of him. I bet for sure someone comes into the early 2nd and picks him up, but we shall see. It's hilarious to me that Kiper had Clausen as the 4th best prospect overall and yet this happened. S

    I didn't watch the ESPN coverage of the draft but I heard Kiper about went into cardiac arrest because Clausen didn't get picked last night.

  • I think Kam Chancellor would be a good third round pick for the Browns.. maybe, there are other safeties....

    but Brown moves to safety? Wow. Dynamic new secondary !

    The Browns second pick, proving all my mocks completely doofus, except for the one or two I picked Haden, GGG

    will be Colt. I have wanted an OT like Veldhees sp? ... but it seems that McCoy is meant to be a Cleveland Brown after all,

    it seems Ballpeen has been right.

    I thought he was very "short", and it seems he is actually 6' 3".

    but, he has the arm Lefeavor sp? (it's early), Charlie Frye, etc, wishes they had.

    I'm starting to figure that Holmgren and co, love this kid for GOOD REASON:

    It's Colt McCoy, if he's even there:

    http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Profiles/2010/Colt-McCoy

    @calfoxwc said:

    I think Kam Chancellor would be a good third round pick for the Browns.. maybe, there are other safeties....

    but Brown moves to safety? Wow. Dynamic new secondary !

    The Browns second pick, proving all my mocks completely doofus, except for the one or two I picked Haden, GGG

    will be Colt. I have wanted an OT like Veldhees sp? ... but it seems that McCoy is meant to be a Cleveland Brown after all,

    it seems Ballpeen has been right.

    I thought he was very "short", and it seems he is actually 6' 3".

    but, he has the arm Lefeavor sp? (it's early), Charlie Frye, etc, wishes they had.

    I'm starting to figure that Holmgren and co, love this kid for GOOD REASON:

    It's Colt McCoy, if he's even there:

    I agree cal on your take on Mays. Those were kind of my feelings also on him and i too am not sure he is our front office's type of guy. As far as the hardwork goes i think he's one of the hardest workers in the draft when it comes to working out but i think the question on him for our front office is just how much of a student of the game is he? That i think is the big question on if they feel he will be a good fit. I do think though if he puts the time into his game and is willing to be coached up he is a great fit! We will see but i dont think it matters if Colt McCoy is on the board because i think he is almost definately ours if he is.

    The other thing is this draft is so loaded at safety they can proabably wait till the 3rd or 5th also and still get a possible starter. As far as Kam Chancellor goes i have watched him a lot the last few years and always thought he would be a nice addition for us. But i havent been as high on him anymore after hearing most nfl scouts dont project him as a safety but as an undersized linebacker who needs to bulk up. He is projected to be a 5th or 6th rounder now due to the fact that most teams dont know if he will be a line backer or safety and his lack of speed in coverage. I think in the sixth or late 5th he is worth a chance but im not that big on him anymore. Another option at safety though that i wouldnt mind is major wright. Im starting to think that he may be a solid fit for us too.

    http://www.mynfldraft.com/NFL-Draft-Profiles/2010/Colt-McCoy

  • Terrence Cody, Taylor Mays, Morgan Burnett, Ciron Black, Daryl Washington, Golden Tate I'd be happy with any of these guys.

    nmills said:

    Terrence Cody, Taylor Mays, Morgan Burnett, Ciron Black, Daryl Washington, Golden Tate I'd be happy with any of these guys.

    I am thinking Cody might be one hell of a pick. Note first off that he did play in a power conference....he was the rock on the defensive line of the national champion......and he was schooled by a great defensive mind with pro connections: Nick Saban.

    There are no guarantees on anyone, but, to me, this guy seems like a real prime choice right now at a position the Browns need.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I just hope we realize to avoid Clausen. It should be a strong signal to any clausen lovers what the people who know the NFL most truly think of him. I bet for sure someone comes into the early 2nd and picks him up, but we shall see. It's hilarious to me that Kiper had Clausen as the 4th best prospect overall and yet this happened. S

    I didn't watch the ESPN coverage of the draft but I heard Kiper about went into cardiac arrest because Clausen didn't get picked last night.

    @next2nothing said:

    I didn't watch the ESPN coverage of the draft but I heard Kiper about went into cardiac arrest because Clausen didn't get picked last night.

    haha pretty much man. He basically defended himself for like 15 minutes despite no one calling him out about it. It was pretty pathetic.

  • getting Golden Tate would make my draft.

  • For what it's worth Michael Smith said it is doubtful that we use a 2 on a QB. He was right about us drafting Haden or Wilson yesterday.

    Holmgren has said all along that it is unlikely we are going to use a 1 or 2 on a QB. I think he wants to make sure he has a good situation in place before he throws someone in there.

  • Its Colt McCoy baby!!! There going to put Sheldon Brown at free safety.

  • For what it's worth Michael Smith said it is doubtful that we use a 2 on a QB. He was right about us drafting Haden or Wilson yesterday.

    Holmgren has said all along that it is unlikely we are going to use a 1 or 2 on a QB. I think he wants to make sure he has a good situation in place before he throws someone in there.

    @lebrent said:

    For what it's worth Michael Smith said it is doubtful that we use a 2 on a QB. He was right about us drafting Haden or Wilson yesterday.

    Holmgren has said all along that it is unlikely we are going to use a 1 or 2 on a QB. I think he wants to make sure he has a good situation in place before he throws someone in there.

    I agree totally with that philosophy. There will probably be better QBs coming out next year like Jake Locker, Ryan Mallet, Andrew Luck, Ricki Stanzi.

  • I'm surprised no one has mentioned taking Sergio Kindle if he's still available. The guy is one of the top rated 3-4 OLBs in the draft, a legitimate 1st round talent, and a more polished Brian Orakpo at LB. I just don't see why we should pass on this guy when he definitely fills a need unless of course we go the QB route

  • I'm surprised no one has mentioned taking Sergio Kindle if he's still available. The guy is one of the top rated 3-4 OLBs in the draft, a legitimate 1st round talent, and a more polished Brian Orakpo at LB. I just don't see why we should pass on this guy when he definitely fills a need unless of course we go the QB route

    @floridabrownsfan said:

    I'm surprised no one has mentioned taking Sergio Kindle if he's still available. The guy is one of the top rated 3-4 OLBs in the draft, a legitimate 1st round talent, and a more polished Brian Orakpo at LB. I just don't see why we should pass on this guy when he definitely fills a need unless of course we go the QB route

    a report just came out on pft that kindle might need micro fracture surgery.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...of-first-round/

    Medical issues pushed Kindle out of first round

    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 23, 2010 11:08 AM ET

    Texas linebacker Sergio Kindle surprisingly didn't get selected in the first round Thursday.

    Now we know why.

    Several teams had Kindle off their board due to medical issues, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. Chip Brown of Rivals.com writes that Kindle's knee was a "serious" medical risk that could require microfracture surgery.

    Kindle also takes medication for narcolepsy and ADD, although we doubt those are major issues. Kindle is known for his football intelligence, but his durability risks was too great for teams to take in the first round.

    At some point in the second round, we think the risk of his injuries will be worth the reward of his considerable talents.

  • I want McCoy and would be shocked if McCoy isn't the pick.

  • Logical possible choices for Browns:

    DE Kindle Texas...IF those microfracture issues are not a factor

    S Mays...USC

    DT Cody...Alabama

    QB McCoy...Texas

    DE Griffen...USC

    S Allen...So. Fla

    And what about these OTs: Campbell or Maryland, Safold of Indiana and Browns of USC.

    Are any of these RT candidates, or do they all play the Left Tackle spot.

    All of these are potential areas of need. (no Clausen please)

  • i'd say a blue chip good character burner WR would be a need too.

  • From theWire

    Sporting News prognosticator Russ Lande, who spent three years as a scout for the Browns, has Cleveland taking Southern Cal safety Taylor Mays with their first pick of the second round. Apparently, he's not convinced that the Browns are looking for their quarterback of the future in this draft, as he has Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen going to the Raiders, who pick eighth today, one after the Browns, and Texas' Colt McCoy going to the Cardinals . . . in the third round, with the 88th pick overall.

  • From theWire

    Sporting News prognosticator Russ Lande, who spent three years as a scout for the Browns, has Cleveland taking Southern Cal safety Taylor Mays with their first pick of the second round. Apparently, he's not convinced that the Browns are looking for their quarterback of the future in this draft, as he has Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen going to the Raiders, who pick eighth today, one after the Browns, and Texas' Colt McCoy going to the Cardinals . . . in the third round, with the 88th pick overall.

    @atenears said:

    From theWire

    Sporting News prognosticator Russ Lande, who spent three years as a scout for the Browns, has Cleveland taking Southern Cal safety Taylor Mays with their first pick of the second round. Apparently, he's not convinced that the Browns are looking for their quarterback of the future in this draft, as he has Notre Dame's Jimmy Clausen going to the Raiders, who pick eighth today, one after the Browns, and Texas' Colt McCoy going to the Cardinals . . . in the third round, with the 88th pick overall.

    I'd be happy with this. We need a hard hitting safety that WR's fear.

  • nmills said:

    Terrence Cody, Taylor Mays, Morgan Burnett, Ciron Black, Daryl Washington, Golden Tate I'd be happy with any of these guys.

    I am thinking Cody myself.

    Then that would free us up to trade Rogers for another 2nd round pick....I don't think his airport charges are going to create a big problem for the guy, so some team might be willing to make the swap.

    That or go OL and take the OT from Indiana...can't think of his name at the moment.

    @ballpeen said:

    I am thinking Cody myself.

    Then that would free us up to trade Rogers for another 2nd round pick....I don't think his airport charges are going to create a big problem for the guy, so some team might be willing to make the swap.

    That or go OL and take the OT from Indiana...can't think of his name at the moment.

    A felony gun charge isn't going to cause a bunch of problems? A second round pick? not gonna happen.

  • @next2nothing said:

    I didn't watch the ESPN coverage of the draft but I heard Kiper about went into cardiac arrest because Clausen didn't get picked last night.

    haha pretty much man. He basically defended himself for like 15 minutes despite no one calling him out about it. It was pretty pathetic.

    @jrb12711 said:

    haha pretty much man. He basically defended himself for like 15 minutes despite no one calling him out about it. It was pretty pathetic.

    he couldn't get a word in between gruden riding tebow's dick and steve young continuously blabbing bullshit. i know tom jackson was ready to wring young's neck

    as for the 2nd rounder i'd really like to see the FO finish what they started and draft mays at safety to solidy our once weak secondary. i think mangini and holmgren would be able to straighten the kid out if he really had a problem.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    haha pretty much man. He basically defended himself for like 15 minutes despite no one calling him out about it. It was pretty pathetic.

    he couldn't get a word in between gruden riding tebow's dick and steve young continuously blabbing bullshit. i know tom jackson was ready to wring young's neck

    as for the 2nd rounder i'd really like to see the FO finish what they started and draft mays at safety to solidy our once weak secondary. i think mangini and holmgren would be able to straighten the kid out if he really had a problem.

    @miktoxic said:

    he couldn't get a word in between gruden riding tebow's dick and steve young continuously blabbing bullshit. i know tom jackson was ready to wring young's neck

    as for the 2nd rounder i'd really like to see the FO finish what they started and draft mays at safety to solidy our once weak secondary. i think mangini and holmgren would be able to straighten the kid out if he really had a problem.

    Im with you brother. If we dont like Mccoy in the second round im all for selecting mays and letting Mangini and Ryan have some fun with him. Did just hear on espn that they were projecting us to select mays.

  • it wouldn't make my draft but Mays in the 2nd would be awesome. he's a Rob Ryan wet dream. he's fast as hell for 230 lbs and QUICK. i like him in run support too--he can tackle when he wants.

    he claimed they [uSC] basically wanted him blowing people up (which resulted in being probably his biggest knock) but regardless i don't have concerns about whiffs or bad tackling.

    at 6'3 he could probably cover any TE and the flexibility he'd add is worth the price of admission i feel. swap out the other safety and the pure speed we'd have in the defensive backfield would be NFL elite.

    Haden, Mays, Brown, Wright with depth all day i'm in.