Skip to content

Montario Hardesty

The Browns Board
33 25 4.9k
  • Reminds me a bit of Eddie George.

    I get the feeling that the new Browns brass ain't that comfortable with Harrison.

    @atenears said:

    Reminds me a bit of Eddie George.

    I get the feeling that the new Browns brass ain't that comfortable with Harrison.

    Bu what about the other three stooges?

  • welcome to Cleveland Smashmouth Football. it's nice to see they got the memo. bolstering the D and pounding the rock can win games and keep us off primetime until we're well seasoned.

  • What I remember of him back in hs is that he punished our defense, I dont think I ever have seen a RB put more guys on the bench in one game before. He put a hurting on them. seperated shoulders, some of the boys just got ran over.

  • Well, all I've seen is that this kid can run through a wide open hole against Ohio and Ole Miss defenses

  • Reminds me a bit of Eddie George.

    I get the feeling that the new Browns brass ain't that comfortable with Harrison.

    @atenears said:

    Reminds me a bit of Eddie George.

    I get the feeling that the new Browns brass ain't that comfortable with Harrison.

    I think someone from the Browns said that they wanted to find someone to split carries with Harrison.

    I don't like the value of the pick at all, but I like the guy, so hopefully that is in their plans since I like Harrison a lot.

    Looks like we won't be getting McCoy, I wish we got Clausen in the 2nd though. I watched his highlights and they were much more impressive than McCoy's, he seemed like a much more traditional QB than McCoy.

  • I think Jennings is clearly out and probably J. Davis.

    We got "triple H" now baby!!!! Harrison, Hillis and Hardesty

  • Montario Hardesty runs hard like AP

    @mr.-t said:

    Montario Hardesty runs hard like AP

    yuck

  • HARDESTY is the REAL DEAL! He's played in the SEC and has been the highlight of the Tennessee Vols this year. HE CARRIED THEM to the Chick-Fil-A this year...(A game in which the shitty Crompton killed them in) I'm NOT a UT fan but I have to tell you with the highest praise that HE WILL HELP and maybe even CONTEND for the starter spot!!!!! THIS GUY IS A FOOTBALL PLAYER! YOU WILL BE IMPRESSED!

  • This dude is Thomas Jones Tough. I'm liking it more and more...

  • Damn I hate that video!

    I hate all people from Tennessee.

    suns said:

    Damn I hate that video!

    I hate all people from Tennessee.

    This guy could turn into the next Emmit Smith/Jim Brown/ Marshall Faulk combination and you will still hate him and not want him on the team because he went to Tennessee..

    I love him already...

  • suns said:

    Damn I hate that video!

    I hate all people from Tennessee.

    This guy could turn into the next Emmit Smith/Jim Brown/ Marshall Faulk combination and you will still hate him and not want him on the team because he went to Tennessee..

    I love him already...

    @mark-o said:

    This guy could turn into the next Emmit Smith/Jim Brown/ Marshall Faulk combination and you will still hate him and not want him on the team because he went to Tennessee..

    I love him already...

    If he turns into a Jim Brown type person I'll love him.

  • Man, he sure has a strong first cut. He finds his hole and takes off. No dancing. Looks like a good change of pace back to go with Harrison. Nothing wrong with having multiple weapons in the backfield.

  • let me start off by saying that I am a big vols fan as well as a big browns fan and I couldnt be happier with this pick. I tend to agree that trading up probably wasnt the best move, he might of fallen to us anyway but man do I love montario hardesty. I genuinely feel like he was the most underrated rb's of this class. I have watched his entire career with the vols and the first thing you will notice with him is he runs HARD. He fires into the gaps and is a hard nose runner, never quits until the whistle is blown, he goes 100% every play and is a joy to watch. He has one of the best spin moves I have ever seen, and even on plays where he is met at the line of scrimmage, his power and momentum will carry his body for a 2-3 yard gain. He is the opposite of jamal lewis in that he doesnt tip toe around, he makes a choice and fires into it. I kno what jersey I will be purchasing, GREAT PICK.

  • I think Jennings is clearly out and probably J. Davis.

    We got "triple H" now baby!!!! Harrison, Hillis and Hardesty

    @dawgstucknpa said:

    I think Jennings is clearly out and probably J. Davis.

    We got "triple H" now baby!!!! Harrison, Hillis and Hardesty

    We can call it Colt's Triple H Ranch.

  • Zombo said:

    He is the Mack to Harrison's Byner.

    Zombo

    --we're going to pound people. Even our QBs are tough.

    Yeah, that would be great. I like this pick!!!

  • Reminds me a bit of Eddie George.

    I get the feeling that the new Browns brass ain't that comfortable with Harrison.

    @atenears said:

    Reminds me a bit of Eddie George.

    I get the feeling that the new Browns brass ain't that comfortable with Harrison.

    Stan,

    I think they're not comfortable with Harrison . . . getting 30 carries a game for 16 games. He carried quite a workload the last four games of the season and there's no way he would keep that up from September on. Getting Hardesty keeps everyone's legs fresh, especially when you throw Hillis and maybe Davis into that mix.

    If I'm Lawrence Vickers, I'm literally foaming at the mouth hoping we run the ball 80 times a game. What a line, what a stable of backs. There's nothing like pounding on teams and playing keep away.

  • I really like the way this guy runs! He seems like one of those backs who has 5 yards before you even know it. I know it's a highlight video but I am a lot happier with the pick then I was yesterday.

  • I hate this pick. A striaght ahead runner who runs too high.

    This team needs to fill so many holes. RB was not one of them. Especially after picking up Hillis from Denver.

    Harrison, Davis, Hillis and we draft another RB? Makes no sense to me at all.

    Morgan Burnett was there, as was Pat Angerer. Two guys that would've helped much more than yet another RB.

    I love Burnette. A big Safety that can play either Free or Strong.

  • I hate this pick. A striaght ahead runner who runs too high.

    This team needs to fill so many holes. RB was not one of them. Especially after picking up Hillis from Denver.

    Harrison, Davis, Hillis and we draft another RB? Makes no sense to me at all.

    Morgan Burnett was there, as was Pat Angerer. Two guys that would've helped much more than yet another RB.

    I love Burnette. A big Safety that can play either Free or Strong.

    @oldcrow1945 said:

    I hate this pick. A striaght ahead runner who runs too high.

    This team needs to fill so many holes. RB was not one of them. Especially after picking up Hillis from Denver.

    Harrison, Davis, Hillis and we draft another RB? Makes no sense to me at all.

    Morgan Burnett was there, as was Pat Angerer. Two guys that would've helped much more than yet another RB.

    I love Burnette. A big Safety that can play either Free or Strong.

    I like Hardesty but I agree with you there, would have rather had Burnett. We could of still picked up Dixon, Dwyer, still can get Blount or we could've traded a 5th for Lendale White or Leon Washington.

  • @oldcrow1945 said:

    I hate this pick. A striaght ahead runner who runs too high.

    This team needs to fill so many holes. RB was not one of them. Especially after picking up Hillis from Denver.

    Harrison, Davis, Hillis and we draft another RB? Makes no sense to me at all.

    Morgan Burnett was there, as was Pat Angerer. Two guys that would've helped much more than yet another RB.

    I love Burnette. A big Safety that can play either Free or Strong.

    I like Hardesty but I agree with you there, would have rather had Burnett. We could of still picked up Dixon, Dwyer, still can get Blount or we could've traded a 5th for Lendale White or Leon Washington.

    nmills said:

    I like Hardesty but I agree with you there, would have rather had Burnett. We could of still picked up Dixon, Dwyer, still can get Blount or we could've traded a 5th for Lendale White or Leon Washington.

    Thanks....I think you are right on!!

    As I sat there today when Hardesty was chosen my jaw dropped. Really? Another RB? With so many on the board yet?