Larry Asante SS
-
I was not impressed at all with his highlights. He really didnt do anything, he was late or missed all his tackles and didnt really seem like a ball hawk except for that one interception which was ok
-
I was more impressed with the Kansas St. QB
-
they must've. all the other picks make sense.
-
yea idk if he makes the cut either, i guess it depends how he stacks up against adams, sorensen, and elam.. I assume one or two of those 4 will not make the final roster.
I dont understand why we wouldnt take Reshad Jones who has much more upside IMO, if its a guy who might not make the roster anyway why not pick the guy who actually has a chance to be a starter in the NFL?
-
-
I was not impressed at all with his highlights. He really didnt do anything, he was late or missed all his tackles and didnt really seem like a ball hawk except for that one interception which was ok
I was not impressed at all with his highlights. He really didnt do anything, he was late or missed all his tackles and didnt really seem like a ball hawk except for that one interception which was ok
He reminds me of a young abe elam, slow to react and slow to read he is a good tackler but just like elam he sets his tackles up at the cost of way to many extra yards gained to compensate for his slowness to react or to readjust to his misread...
-
The key thing i picked up in regards to this pick was he's a talented kid and IF he can be coached up, you might have something. McDonald was a 5th round pick, so you can get servicable guys who can see the field at those spots for sure. The big thing i DIDN'T like from the things i've heard about him is he can tend to miss tackles. I can safely say, i think we as Browns fans have seen FAR TOO MANY missed tackles over the last ten years.
I think he'll be special teaming a lot this season, if he makes the team. Looks like he's pretty athletic.
-
From Heckert during the press conference about Asante
Tom Heckert
β(Larry) Asante is a guy that obviously played some big time football, he started a lot of games there. Heβs another tough kid. Heβs a really good football player that we think can help on special teams. Just like with the other guys, he will battle at safety for playing time. We do think he is a good player. He played at a big time level of competition, which is always a nice thing to have."
-
I agree Cribbs. He looks like he's afraid of contact. It seems like we just drafted Brodney Poole. Too much standing next to the play once it's over.
I agree Cribbs. He looks like he's afraid of contact. It seems like we just drafted Brodney Poole. Too much standing next to the play once it's over.
After watching Larry start for three years, I can tell you he is not afraid of contact. Since he first started three years ago he has improved dramatically each year. He has gotten a lot better in coverage, but his strength is stopping the run. He has been criticized for a few things over the years, but never being soft or shy of contact.
-
I don't mean to gush...but i LOVE how all the Browns fans who know about players come out and give us additional insights on them. Very cool and part of what makes this site so damned awesome, IMO.
-
we can thank Aloysius for this one.

-
we can thank Aloysius for this one.

we can thank Aloysius for this one.

Looking like a whoopsie on this one eh? Stuff like this you hope to be able to coach up. Nice hit on the play....just dumb positioning.
-
Nice video, but we need to remember that this maybe how he has been coached. during the senior bowl game. I will give the man a chance, but if he turns out to be another Brodney Poole You will here me call for his head as well.
Nice video, but we need to remember that this maybe how he has been coached. during the senior bowl game. I will give the man a chance, but if he turns out to be another Brodney Poole You will here me call for his head as well.
If he's another Brodney Pool, he'll end up doing enough things to his OWN head.

Like i said , the biggest thing i loved out of this draft is we got some talented kids who it would seem could make our club and help us out. I love the talent of all the guys taken this year.
-
remember, we had to draft Brodney Poole fairly high, didn't we? Asante is more of a flyer.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login