Skip to content

Carlton Mitchell

The Browns Board
51 21 7.7k
  • Im so pumped for this guy honestly. What a steal.

  • Braylon is a poor man's Carlton Mitchell! Who is that QB? Dude made some throws!

  • NEeds to strengthen his legs. Dude just crumbles when hit

  • The music sucked.

  • Braylon is a poor man's Carlton Mitchell! Who is that QB? Dude made some throws!

    @mopaji said:

    Braylon is a poor man's Carlton Mitchell! Who is that QB? Dude made some throws!

    Matt Grothe and BJ Daniels. Grothe is the Big East Career leader for total offensive yardage. Best thing to happen to USF, but he got injured last year early so BJ Daniels came in. Daniels played the FSU game.

  • @mopaji said:

    Braylon is a poor man's Carlton Mitchell! Who is that QB? Dude made some throws!

    Matt Grothe and BJ Daniels. Grothe is the Big East Career leader for total offensive yardage. Best thing to happen to USF, but he got injured last year early so BJ Daniels came in. Daniels played the FSU game.

    @usfbrown said:

    Matt Grothe and BJ Daniels. Grothe is the Big East Career leader for total offensive yardage. Best thing to happen to USF, but he got injured last year early so BJ Daniels came in. Daniels played the FSU game.

    Whoever #8 is. I like that kid!

  • NEeds to strengthen his legs. Dude just crumbles when hit

    Chickenwang said:

    NEeds to strengthen his legs. Dude just crumbles when hit

    A few weeks in Berea can help a lot. I really like this kid. He looks like a 3rd or 4th round talent at least.

  • Just imagine how good Colt will be in 2-3 years if Mitchell, Mo, and Robiskie all contribute as we hope

  • The music sucked.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    The music sucked.

    Yeah it did, but We may of just found that deep threat guy to stretch the field with this pick. Lets see if he will be able to get some seperation between himself and pro DB's then we will grade this pick with an A+

  • i can't believe you couldn't find a 3rd Lil Wayne vid for '07. i mean SERIOUSLY?!? lazy ass.

    j/k. dude has good hand-eye. i bet the pro game is REALLY fast for him though. thanks for posting the vids nmills.

  • I like him a lot, I feel like that run first offense and those scrambling QBs are the reason why he fell so much. He didn't have as big of numbers due to that.

  • I love this pick! Actually I loved the DE pick as well. at least we finished off the draft well.

  • Mitchell chosen at No. 177

    Matt Florjancic, Contributor to ClevelandBrowns.com

    Posted Apr 24, 2010

    aaThe Browns chose South Florida WR Carlton Mitchell with the 177th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.

    The Browns got a big offensive target with the 177th pick overall in the form of 6-foot-3 wide receiver Carlton Mitchell from the University of South Florida.

    After a strong junior season, Mitchell gave up his final year of eligibility. Now he finds himself with a chance to make an impact for the Browns offense.

    “I’m told this is the perfect team, the perfect fit for me,” said Mitchell. “I’m very excited and feel very blessed to be in this situation. I just can’t wait to get there and start working.

    “I stand by my decision,” he added. “I have no regrets in life. I have a love and passion for the sport and I’m ready for anything. I’m ready to go in and start working right now.”

    Mitchell played in 37 games over three years with the Bulls after red-shirting in 2006. He started 18 of those games, including 10 during the 2009 season. He caught 40 passes for a school-record 706 yards and 4 touchdowns in his final season at South Florida.

    He gave the Bulls a big-play threat at the wide receiver position and averaged 15.7 yards-per-reception over his three years in the program. He holds three of the top 11 longest receptions in South Florida football history.

    “I played in a run-first offense and we based a lot of things off the quarterback,” said Mitchell. “Everyone played a part; it was a timing offense. Whatever role that was given to me, that’s all I could ask for. At the end of the day, I just tried to listen to my coaches and try to help the team win games.”

    Mitchell comes from an athletic pedigree.

    His father, Carl, played professional basketball in Europe. Mitchell’s mother, Angela, serves as the “cut-man” for several boxers, most notably former Ring, IBF, WBC and IBO light heavyweight champion Antonio Tarver.

    “It’s pretty exciting,” Mitchell said. “Watching boxing on TV and watching it in person, it’s a whole different speed. Being around the athletes and see the way they compete is amazing.”

  • Mitchell chosen at No. 177

    Matt Florjancic, Contributor to ClevelandBrowns.com

    Posted Apr 24, 2010

    aaThe Browns chose South Florida WR Carlton Mitchell with the 177th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.

    The Browns got a big offensive target with the 177th pick overall in the form of 6-foot-3 wide receiver Carlton Mitchell from the University of South Florida.

    After a strong junior season, Mitchell gave up his final year of eligibility. Now he finds himself with a chance to make an impact for the Browns offense.

    “I’m told this is the perfect team, the perfect fit for me,” said Mitchell. “I’m very excited and feel very blessed to be in this situation. I just can’t wait to get there and start working.

    “I stand by my decision,” he added. “I have no regrets in life. I have a love and passion for the sport and I’m ready for anything. I’m ready to go in and start working right now.”

    Mitchell played in 37 games over three years with the Bulls after red-shirting in 2006. He started 18 of those games, including 10 during the 2009 season. He caught 40 passes for a school-record 706 yards and 4 touchdowns in his final season at South Florida.

    He gave the Bulls a big-play threat at the wide receiver position and averaged 15.7 yards-per-reception over his three years in the program. He holds three of the top 11 longest receptions in South Florida football history.

    “I played in a run-first offense and we based a lot of things off the quarterback,” said Mitchell. “Everyone played a part; it was a timing offense. Whatever role that was given to me, that’s all I could ask for. At the end of the day, I just tried to listen to my coaches and try to help the team win games.”

    Mitchell comes from an athletic pedigree.

    His father, Carl, played professional basketball in Europe. Mitchell’s mother, Angela, serves as the “cut-man” for several boxers, most notably former Ring, IBF, WBC and IBO light heavyweight champion Antonio Tarver.

    “It’s pretty exciting,” Mitchell said. “Watching boxing on TV and watching it in person, it’s a whole different speed. Being around the athletes and see the way they compete is amazing.”

    @browns57 said:

    Mitchell chosen at No. 177

    Matt Florjancic, Contributor to ClevelandBrowns.com

    Posted Apr 24, 2010

    aaThe Browns chose South Florida WR Carlton Mitchell with the 177th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.

    The Browns got a big offensive target with the 177th pick overall in the form of 6-foot-3 wide receiver Carlton Mitchell from the University of South Florida.

    After a strong junior season, Mitchell gave up his final year of eligibility. Now he finds himself with a chance to make an impact for the Browns offense.

    “I’m told this is the perfect team, the perfect fit for me,” said Mitchell. “I’m very excited and feel very blessed to be in this situation. I just can’t wait to get there and start working.

    “I stand by my decision,” he added. “I have no regrets in life. I have a love and passion for the sport and I’m ready for anything. I’m ready to go in and start working right now.”

    Mitchell played in 37 games over three years with the Bulls after red-shirting in 2006. He started 18 of those games, including 10 during the 2009 season. He caught 40 passes for a school-record 706 yards and 4 touchdowns in his final season at South Florida.

    He gave the Bulls a big-play threat at the wide receiver position and averaged 15.7 yards-per-reception over his three years in the program. He holds three of the top 11 longest receptions in South Florida football history.

    “I played in a run-first offense and we based a lot of things off the quarterback,” said Mitchell. “Everyone played a part; it was a timing offense. Whatever role that was given to me, that’s all I could ask for. At the end of the day, I just tried to listen to my coaches and try to help the team win games.”

    Mitchell comes from an athletic pedigree.

    His father, Carl, played professional basketball in Europe. Mitchell’s mother, Angela, serves as the “cut-man” for several boxers, most notably former Ring, IBF, WBC and IBO light heavyweight champion Antonio Tarver.

    “It’s pretty exciting,” Mitchell said. “Watching boxing on TV and watching it in person, it’s a whole different speed. Being around the athletes and see the way they compete is amazing.”

    Here's another good article

    2010 NFL Draft Results: Is Cleveland Browns' Carlton Mitchell the Next Colston?

    by Daniel Wolf Written on April 24, 2010

    With their first of two sixth round picks in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns selected South Florida wide receiver Carlton Mitchell.

    First of all, Mitchell is a developmental project at receiver, just like any other sixth round pick in the draft so don't look for him to make any major contributions in the 2010 season.

    The Browns have a promising, but young group of wide receivers on their roster and Mitchell may be one of the most intriguing prospects in the group now that he will be wearing the orange and brown.

    At 6'3" and 215 pounds, Mitchell is the perfect standard height and weight when it comes to being a possible top-notch receiver per NFL standards.

    Playing at a smaller college like South Florida, Mitchell may not be prepared to face NFL-caliber cornerbacks, but then again who would have thought that Saints receiver Marques Colston would be as successful as he has been being a seventh round pick himself.

    Colston played for Hostra, which is a smaller school as well and he is of similar height and weight to Mitchell.

    Granted this comparison is a very loose one, but Colston was very confident and motivated after getting passed over by all over team for six-plus rounds which led to his success in his NFL career thus-far.

    Mitchell needs to mirror himself after what Colston has done and perhaps even find his number to call for advice.

    If Mitchell can follow the same or at the very least a similar path as Colston did, he could make many opposing teams hate the fact they passed on him and endure himself to Browns fans everywhere by focusing himself to be one of the best.

    He certainly has the size, skill, and speed to do so too.

    Let's just just hope that Mitchell can be everything we thought Braylon Edwards was supposed to be for the Browns' offense in the future.

  • If Mitchell can follow the same or at the very least a similar path as Colston did, he could make many opposing teams hate the fact they passed on him and endure himself to Browns fans everywhere by focusing himself to be one of the best. Daniel Wolfe.

    ****************************************

    With his work ethic, I am sure he will quickly be noticed and ENDEAR himself to Browns fans everywhere,

    as we ENDURE Daniel using the wrong word once in a while.

  • I really think we got a steal here.....if he would have stayed for his senior year, he more than likely would have been in top 5 in receivers in next years draft

  • one thing that i can't find is how his speed is. i'm guessing for a 6th round pick, it's in the 4.6 range. otherwise, he would have gone sooner.

  • one thing that i can't find is how his speed is. i'm guessing for a 6th round pick, it's in the 4.6 range. otherwise, he would have gone sooner.

    @clevelandfanforlife said:

    one thing that i can't find is how his speed is. i'm guessing for a 6th round pick, it's in the 4.6 range. otherwise, he would have gone sooner.

    nevermind. i googled it and it said he ran a 4.49. that's a really solid time. why didn't this guy go a lot sooner in the draft?

  • butterfingers