Carlton Mitchell
-
jnuh i know just what you are saying. i have been let down too but i still fall for it, every year i get the warm fuzzies about the leggets, bells, pittmans, and purcells and i hear ya. but i won't stop cuz i love f.ucking presents. and i can't really agree on savage's eye for talent but i do about Heckert. i felt good about him running the board and liked what they came away with in retrospect.
and i hear you about Holmgren too. the press is the worst, they've been crowning the big show since before he showed up. it's been crazy! the guy is apparently NFL royalty or something. i don't understand it. but i have decided not to fight it anymore and just embraced it. it's really not so bad. not nearly as bad as feeling a warm spot in a public pool or shutting your thumb in a car door--not nearly! and i figured if Mangini doesn't mind then hell let Holmie the Walrus have his moment in the sun then.
-
Did you mean CM is a poor mans Braylon?
Sisky is correct. I meant exactly what I said. Carlton has Braylon's skill set without a history of dropped balls and a much better head on his shoulders. So yeah, I see Braylon as a poor man's Carlton. Carlton has a chance to become what Braylon was supposed to be for us except he was picked in the 6th round.
Thanks Phil Savage,
mopaji
-
I was pleased with last year's draft, but prior to that I wasn't as I didn't trust the FO & scouting staff. Keep in mind that this is NOT the same FO as we've had before. We have PROS in their now & I think it shows. Please don't compare these guys with past regimes.
I WILL say that I am VERY excited about this year's draft. I think they did very well, but only time will tell.
Mike
Last years draft was nothing special aside from MoMass and Mack. Mack could eventually be a pro bowl cailber center and I think MoMAss could be a very good number 2 WR. And I think the previous regime did a ok job drafting and signing undrafted rookies it was just Savages fee agent signings that were a bit crazy. As far as this regimes being "pro's" imo if you look at Holmgrams draft as the Seahawks GM for the 4 years he held that position he did an aweful job and I think it was a worse job then Savage or Butch Davis before him did. Savage had a pretty decent eye for young talent.
Heckert though I will say had some very good drafts with the Eagles, but we will see how he does with the Browns. I kind of shake my head when people give Holmgram all this praise because he was a terrible GM w the Hawks.
This draft definitly has some potential but I need to see these guys perform before I buy into it as I feel like our second round was filled with reaches and in my opinion we definitly left some good players at positions we needed on the board. Personally I would have gambled on Bruce Campbell either over Lauvao or they could have potentailly traded back into the fourth to grab him. I would have also liked to see Myron Rolle instead of Asante. I feel like the upside on both of those guys is really good thats just my opinion though and obviously the FO know more then I do about these kids and they obviously saw something in the guys we drafted I am just stating a draft I would have been excited about. And I think Campbell would have been a great value pick in the third round just like I think he is a great value pick for the Raaiders who got him in the fourth
All I am saying is at the end of the day I hope this FO turns it around but I have gotten excited for previous regimes and thought they were gonna turn things around and haven't so I am done getting excited at the unknown.
Could Carlton Mitchell be good and a Marques Colston kinda find? Absolutely and I hope that is the case ... but the reality is he could also be Paul Hubbard or Travis Wilson and I would say that is the greater possibilty
All I am saying is at the end of the day I hope this FO turns it around but I have gotten excited for previous regimes and thought they were gonna turn things around and haven't so I am done getting excited at the unknown.
Could Carlton Mitchell be good and a Marques Colston kinda find? Absolutely and I hope that is the case ... but the reality is he could also be Paul Hubbard or Travis Wilson and I would say that is the greater possibilty
A few of the article's in regard to Carlton also stated that this kid could've been a second or third round pick -talent-wise-. So, in terms of thinking, we potentially got a higher level talent than where he was drafted. As you saw with a few of the player you like, it can happen and happen pretty easily. He very easily could turn out to be a Travis Wilson who sadly was drafted way higher than he had any right to be or Glue-hands Hubbard, who was picked because a HOF'er suggested we take a look at the kid. The teams talent at WR is a perfect in terms of creating a shot for this kid though, so it was a logical pick for us and a perfect spot for him.
-
Did you mean CM is a poor mans Braylon?
Sisky is correct. I meant exactly what I said. Carlton has Braylon's skill set without a history of dropped balls and a much better head on his shoulders. So yeah, I see Braylon as a poor man's Carlton. Carlton has a chance to become what Braylon was supposed to be for us except he was picked in the 6th round.
Thanks Phil Savage,
mopaji
Sisky is correct. I meant exactly what I said. Carlton has Braylon's skill set without a history of dropped balls and a much better head on his shoulders. So yeah, I see Braylon as a poor man's Carlton. Carlton has a chance to become what Braylon was supposed to be for us except he was picked in the 6th round.
Thanks Phil Savage,
mopaji
If CM had Braylons skillset coming out of college he would have been a top 5-10 pick just like Edwards was. Its not like Savaged reached for Braylon. Braylon should have been a top 5 pick and when Braylon had good QB play he had a monster year. You tend to forget Braylon had a bunch of ham and egger QBs throwing him the ball like Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye, Brady Quinn, and an assortment of other junk who made apperances. Lets see what CM does with Delhomme, Seneca Wallace and whoever else ends up QBing this team this season
Again to say Braylon, who has actually had a pro bowl season in the NFL, is a poor mans version of a sixth round pick who hasn't even made a team yet is a bit extreme.
-
He ran a 4.9 at the combine and a 4.41 at his pro day....dudes got some speed
-
He ran a 4.9 at the combine and a 4.41 at his pro day....dudes got some speed
He ran a 4.9 at the combine and a 4.41 at his pro day....dudes got some speed
He had some speed at his pro day atleast I am not gushing at a 4.9 at the combine.
-
He ran a 4.9 at the combine and a 4.41 at his pro day....dudes got some speed
He had some speed at his pro day atleast I am not gushing at a 4.9 at the combine.
He had some speed at his pro day atleast I am not gushing at a 4.9 at the combine.
We can use those as parameters.....so he is in the middle somewhere, though the bottom end tends to tip things in his favor and makes the 4.9 look more a fluke than an actual measure.
Say he runs a 4.55 as a norm.....plenty of speed....plus, speed in receivers is a bit over rated. What a receiver does to juke his defender or how he comes out of cuts is more the determining factor on if he is open or not....unless you are just using the guy to run fly patters all game long.
-
Does anyone recall or have MoMass or Robo's times to compare with?
-
awesome videos..thank you
-
Does anyone recall or have MoMass or Robo's times to compare with?
Does anyone recall or have MoMass or Robo's times to compare with?
I have no idea what they ran.
Bottom line is anybody can post up a time well below a normal time for any number of reasons. It doesn't take much to lose half a second.
On the other hand, it is hard if not impossible to post up a time significantly faster than your normal sprint time. A guy isn't all of a sudden going to run the 40 a half a second faster than he ever has.
I think it is safe to say he has 4.4 - 4.5 speed.
-
It looks like a typo slipped into the discussion. His combine 40 time is 4.49, not 4.9.
He was a top-ten performer at his position at the combine.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login