Panthers
-
Wow, they took 3 QB's in this draft. The got Clausen in the 2nd, the guy from Appalachian State in the 3rd, and Pike in the 6th.
-
Wow, now Rip Shearer can screw up 3 QB's....
Rip was our QB coach through out the DA-BQ fiasco....
Last year he performed that duty for the Panthers and our new QB Jake had the worst year of his entire career...
Lets see how it all plays out....
Peace
T.Dawg
-
I went to Appalachian State and had the joy of watching Armanti Edwards play all four years as I wrote for The Appalachian Newspaper. I traveled with the team on road games and got to know the players very well.
Edwards will be a playmaker, no question, but the Panthers have already said that they will use him as a WR and KR. After getting rid of Delhomme, they are really only comfortable with one QB, and that is Matt Moore. Moore has the job going into the season but Clausen will win it over soon and Pike will be groomed for a backup.
I think Pike playing awful against Florida in his bowl game hurt him really bad.
But I wished we could have grabbed Edwards somehow. I'm sure he is happy he gets to stay close to home though, only two hours from Charlotte to ASU.
-
With pretty much the whole coaching staff having 1 year left on their contract and with no talks of expanding it you would think the only QB they grabbed would have been Clausen.
I know Edwards is planned to be a Cribbs type player, but how long will it take him to really play that role well?
-
With pretty much the whole coaching staff having 1 year left on their contract and with no talks of expanding it you would think the only QB they grabbed would have been Clausen.
I know Edwards is planned to be a Cribbs type player, but how long will it take him to really play that role well?
With pretty much the whole coaching staff having 1 year left on their contract and with no talks of expanding it you would think the only QB they grabbed would have been Clausen.
I know Edwards is planned to be a Cribbs type player, but how long will it take him to really play that role well?
He's really not a Cribbs type player because Cribbs has a lot more size than Edwards. Edwards is about 185 and that is being very generous. Throughout college he was in the 170's. While the speed and elusiveness may be similar, Edwards has a cannon for an arm. I am absolutely surprised that a team would not at least consider him as a developmental QB while he gets time at other spots. I have seen the kid make super tight throws and with a lot of velocity. But, I'm not a scout.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login