Our undrafted free agents...so far(maybe?)
-
Undrafted Free Agents Signed by Cleveland Browns
•TE Troy Wagner, Indiana (Source)
•OT Casey Bender, SDSU (Source)
•OL Joel Reinders, Waterloo (Source)
•DE Auston English, Oklahoma (Source)
•LB Jon Dempsey, Louisville (Unverified)
http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2010/4/24/144...-undrafted-free
Don't know how valid this is but its some food for thought.
-
I know nothing about any of these guys.
-
Austin English looks like a nice linebacker prospect
considered to be a 2nd to 3rd round pick but was hampered with injuries his whole career.
Had 9.5 sacks as a sophmore and was All Big 12 first team
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/aus...9-1716745798429
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players...w;pageContainer
http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile...rospect_ID=1690
Colt's been introduced
-
Joel Reinders
-
Based on what i've read about all of these guys. i can see why we are potentially bringing them in. Here's an article on Joel...
Canadian lineman Joel Reinders signs free-agent deal with Cleveland Browns
Dan Ralph, THE CANADIAN PRESS
13 hours, 57 minutes ago
The whirlwind that's been Joel Reinders' fledgling football career took a stunning twist Saturday.
The hulking six-foot-eight, 320-pound Waterloo Warriors offensive lineman signed a free-agent deal with the Cleveland Browns shortly after being bypassed in the NFL draft. Pretty heady stuff for a former basketball player who only took up football at the university level two years ago.
"The first year I started playing I thought maybe I might make a CFL roster and play a couple of years," the Oakville, Ont., native said. "But never in a million years would I have ever imagined that I'd be going to the NFL.
"It really hasn't hit me yet."
No Canadians were selected in the seven-round draft, which was conducted over three days and concluded Saturday afternoon.
"I watched the draft on TV and going in I was hoping to be picked but my agent (Gil Scott) told me I'd probably have a better chance getting signed than drafted," Reinders said. "But after playing just two years, getting signed (by NFL club) is awesome.
"With (Cleveland's minicamp) starting next week I'm going to have to get into that football mindset quickly but I'm going there with the intention of making that roster."
Reinders certainly has the size NFL teams like and was also highly regarded by CFL officials, who consider him a blue-chip prospect in next weekend's Canadian college draft. Reinders is ranked No. 11 by the CFL scouting Bureau and the expectation was given his relative inexperience he'd need time to hone his skills.
But it makes economic sense for Reinders to try and do so in Cleveland. The NFL's minimum salary this year is US$325,000 whereas even as a first-round CFL draft pick Reinders could expect a five-figure signing bonus and salary around $45,000, depending on where he was selected.
Reinders will join a Cleveland organization that has struggled for years but now seems to be on the upswing with the arrival this off-season of new president Mike Holmgren. Holmgren, one of the NFL's most respected head coaches, helped transform both Green Bay and Seattle into Super Bowl contenders during his time with those clubs.
And Holmgren has shown a willingness to be patient with young players. On Saturday, he said the club has no intention of playing Colt McCoy(notes), the winningest quarterback in NCAA history that Cleveland drafted in the third round, at all as a rookie this year.
It's an approach that could bode very well for Reinders, too. However, he can't help but think ahead to maybe one day protecting McCoy in Cleveland.
"Blocking for a guy like Colt McCoy would be a dream come true," said Reinders.
-
Joel Reinders
nmills said:
Joel ReindersWatch this dude be a stud!
-
According to this list we aren't doing well on free agent signings but what does Brandt know?
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d...mp;confirm=true
-
Looks to me Reinders is a kickass big guy, who can move, and think very fast on his feet.
Nice signing. This FO really knows their stuff.
-
Looks to me Reinders is a kickass big guy, who can move, and think very fast on his feet.
Nice signing. This FO really knows their stuff.
-
I dont know much about blocking and stuff, but he plays pretty high, which I dont think is a good thing...
-
According to this list we aren't doing well on free agent signings but what does Brandt know?
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d...mp;confirm=true
According to this list we aren't doing well on free agent signings but what does Brandt know?
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d...mp;confirm=true
Uh, Gil Brandt? He knows more about the NFL Draft and personnel signing than just about anyone on the planet.
That's certainly not an exhaustive list. It's simply the top undrafteds that he had. Some of them are weighing options.
-
Joel Reinders
nmills said:
Joel ReindersWe have a canadian, this guy is a nice find. Lets see if he can make the transition.
The whirlwind that has been Joel Reinders's fledgling football career took a stunning twist Saturday.
The hulking six-foot-eight, 320-pound Waterloo Warriors offensive lineman signed a free-agent deal with the Cleveland Browns shortly after being bypassed in the NFL draft. Pretty heady stuff for a former basketball player who only took up football at the university level two years ago.
"The first year I started playing I thought maybe I might make a CFL roster and play a couple of years," the Oakville, Ont., native said. "But never in a million years would I have imagined that I'd be going to the NFL.
"It really hasn't hit me yet."
Canadian lineman signs with Cleveland Browns Source read more here
-
nmills said:
Joel ReindersWe have a canadian, this guy is a nice find. Lets see if he can make the transition.
The whirlwind that has been Joel Reinders's fledgling football career took a stunning twist Saturday.
The hulking six-foot-eight, 320-pound Waterloo Warriors offensive lineman signed a free-agent deal with the Cleveland Browns shortly after being bypassed in the NFL draft. Pretty heady stuff for a former basketball player who only took up football at the university level two years ago.
"The first year I started playing I thought maybe I might make a CFL roster and play a couple of years," the Oakville, Ont., native said. "But never in a million years would I have imagined that I'd be going to the NFL.
"It really hasn't hit me yet."
Canadian lineman signs with Cleveland Browns Source read more here
-
Here is the list from nepatriotsdraft.com as of 10:50 am
Browns
Auston English, DE, Oklahoma
Casey Bender, OT, SDSU
Jon Dempsey, LB, Louisville
Chris Chancellor, CB, Clemson
Troy Wagner, TE, Indiana
Joel Reinders, OL, Waterloo
Willie Walker, DE, California (PA)
Eryk Anders, LB, Alabama
Daniel Howard, DE/LB, Texas Tech
James Develin, DE Brown (Tryout)
-
Anyone surprised that no WR's were brought in from this bunch? I like taking a look at Chancellor based on what i've read about him.
-
Anyone surprised that no WR's were brought in from this bunch? I like taking a look at Chancellor based on what i've read about him.
Anyone surprised that no WR's were brought in from this bunch? I like taking a look at Chancellor based on what i've read about him.
They might like who they currently have at WR. As others have pointed out, with a QB who actually knows where and how to throw the ball, I think the WR's will look tons better.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login