Skip to content

WR Roy Williams

The Browns Board
17 12 2.0k
  • IMO: Williams hasn't lived up to his potential with any of the teams he has been on. does he have a problem with memorizing the play book or is he just lazy at practice.

    So we know he can run and catch, what we dont know is if he is stupid or if he is just lazy.

  • Roy has been a very disappointing WR.

    That doesn't mean he can't turn things around, but he's Jerry Jone's boy. I don't see Dallas getting rid of him, or they would have gotten rid of him when Miles Austin emerged as their clear cut #1.

  • I was thinking we might land Patrick Crayton instead.

  • I don't want him.

    When Irvin showed up at Camp (or practice, I forget which) last year, he gave pointers to the WR's on the squad. Irvin indicated that All the other receivers took his pointers, and Miles Austin turned out pretty good. Whether that was because of Irvin, or natural talent, who knows.

    But Williams didn't want anything to do with Irvin's advice. And he had a crap year.

  • IMO: Williams hasn't lived up to his potential with any of the teams he has been on. does he have a problem with memorizing the play book or is he just lazy at practice.

    So we know he can run and catch, what we dont know is if he is stupid or if he is just lazy.

    @mr.-t said:

    IMO: Williams hasn't lived up to his potential with any of the teams he has been on. does he have a problem with memorizing the play book or is he just lazy at practice.

    So we know he can run and catch, what we dont know is if he is stupid or if he is just lazy.

    Exactly what I was going to post. The man has talent pouring out of his ears but it's never been talent he's lived up too. I also can't imagine Jones unloading him. You go after Bryant because he's a immense talent but also a compliment to Williams on the other side. Who are they going to plug in opposite Williams? Crayton? I doubt they move Roy Williams and I wouldn't put a lot of credence to the rumor. If I'm a Browns fan I don't want him unless you think Mangini and Holmgren can bring him full circle. If he's going to go somewhere it better be with a strong minded coach, a tough coach. A guy like Rex Ryan, Jeff Fisher, Tomlin etc. I certainly don't want him in the black and gold and if I were you I wouldn't want him in the orange and brown either.

  • @mr.-t said:

    IMO: Williams hasn't lived up to his potential with any of the teams he has been on. does he have a problem with memorizing the play book or is he just lazy at practice.

    So we know he can run and catch, what we dont know is if he is stupid or if he is just lazy.

    Exactly what I was going to post. The man has talent pouring out of his ears but it's never been talent he's lived up too. I also can't imagine Jones unloading him. You go after Bryant because he's a immense talent but also a compliment to Williams on the other side. Who are they going to plug in opposite Williams? Crayton? I doubt they move Roy Williams and I wouldn't put a lot of credence to the rumor. If I'm a Browns fan I don't want him unless you think Mangini and Holmgren can bring him full circle. If he's going to go somewhere it better be with a strong minded coach, a tough coach. A guy like Rex Ryan, Jeff Fisher, Tomlin etc. I certainly don't want him in the black and gold and if I were you I wouldn't want him in the orange and brown either.

    Rorbotron said:

    Exactly what I was going to post. The man has talent pouring out of his ears but it's never been talent he's lived up too. I also can't imagine Jones unloading him. You go after Bryant because he's a immense talent but also a compliment to Williams on the other side. Who are they going to plug in opposite Williams? Crayton? I doubt they move Roy Williams and I wouldn't put a lot of credence to the rumor. If I'm a Browns fan I don't want him unless you think Mangini and Holmgren can bring him full circle. If he's going to go somewhere it better be with a strong minded coach, a tough coach. A guy like Rex Ryan, Jeff Fisher, Tomlin etc. I certainly don't want him in the black and gold and if I were you I wouldn't want him in the orange and brown either.

    Well, as far as I know, William has not been a bad character. He just hasn't lived up to his billing. If he is a free agent, he may be worth taking a shot at. (Hell, its just Randy Lerners money).

    I mean, with the Browns overwhelming plethora of talent at WR, why would we need him? 😵

    Yea, goodness, it would be foolish to want to give up on Syndric Steptoe and Chansi Stuckey and put Williams in his place 😮

  • RW isn't a bad character. But if he can't be successful in Dallas with Romo and Miles Austin lining up on the other side of the field, why would he be any good here with our second level qb's? Don't bother telling me Romo sucks either, he has averaged about 4000 yards passing yardage over the last three years.

    No thanks to giving up anything for RW, much less paying his ridiculous salary that we would inherit in a trade.

  • RW isn't a bad character. But if he can't be successful in Dallas with Romo and Miles Austin lining up on the other side of the field, why would he be any good here with our second level qb's? Don't bother telling me Romo sucks either, he has averaged about 4000 yards passing yardage over the last three years.

    No thanks to giving up anything for RW, much less paying his ridiculous salary that we would inherit in a trade.

    @4browns said:

    RW isn't a bad character. But if he can't be successful in Dallas with Romo and Miles Austin lining up on the other side of the field, why would he be any good here with our second level qb's? Don't bother telling me Romo sucks either, he has averaged about 4000 yards passing yardage over the last three years.

    No thanks to giving up anything for RW, much less paying his ridiculous salary that we would inherit in a trade.

    But what I read was that he could be a free agent....either because his deal with Dallas is up, or because he would be released.

  • Rorbotron said:

    Exactly what I was going to post. The man has talent pouring out of his ears but it's never been talent he's lived up too. I also can't imagine Jones unloading him. You go after Bryant because he's a immense talent but also a compliment to Williams on the other side. Who are they going to plug in opposite Williams? Crayton? I doubt they move Roy Williams and I wouldn't put a lot of credence to the rumor. If I'm a Browns fan I don't want him unless you think Mangini and Holmgren can bring him full circle. If he's going to go somewhere it better be with a strong minded coach, a tough coach. A guy like Rex Ryan, Jeff Fisher, Tomlin etc. I certainly don't want him in the black and gold and if I were you I wouldn't want him in the orange and brown either.

    Well, as far as I know, William has not been a bad character. He just hasn't lived up to his billing. If he is a free agent, he may be worth taking a shot at. (Hell, its just Randy Lerners money).

    I mean, with the Browns overwhelming plethora of talent at WR, why would we need him? 😵

    Yea, goodness, it would be foolish to want to give up on Syndric Steptoe and Chansi Stuckey and put Williams in his place 😮

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, as far as I know, William has not been a bad character. He just hasn't lived up to his billing. If he is a free agent, he may be worth taking a shot at. (Hell, its just Randy Lerners money).

    I mean, with the Browns overwhelming plethora of talent at WR, why would we need him? 😵

    Yea, goodness, it would be foolish to want to give up on Syndric Steptoe and Chansi Stuckey and put Williams in his place 😮

    So Robiskie and Massaquoi aren't worth a sh.it? Roy Williams hasn't come anywhere close to living up to his billing and yes while intriguing I wouldn't want him on my roster for much more than vet minimum. I also don't imagine Jones will cut him loose and if he does what makes you think he'll want to play for the Browns? or better yet that the Browns will want to pay what he's likely going to ask?

  • christ...here i am on the side of snatch....

    at some point, you have to let the draft process run its course. are we gonna be a superbowl contender with RW catchin passes? he didn't do shit on a fairly well balanced team in dallas, the the xxxx would he do here?

    oh yeah....mentor...blah blah blah.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, as far as I know, William has not been a bad character. He just hasn't lived up to his billing. If he is a free agent, he may be worth taking a shot at. (Hell, its just Randy Lerners money).

    I mean, with the Browns overwhelming plethora of talent at WR, why would we need him? 😵

    Yea, goodness, it would be foolish to want to give up on Syndric Steptoe and Chansi Stuckey and put Williams in his place 😮

    So Robiskie and Massaquoi aren't worth a sh.it? Roy Williams hasn't come anywhere close to living up to his billing and yes while intriguing I wouldn't want him on my roster for much more than vet minimum. I also don't imagine Jones will cut him loose and if he does what makes you think he'll want to play for the Browns? or better yet that the Browns will want to pay what he's likely going to ask?

    Rorbotron said:

    So Robiskie and Massaquoi aren't worth a sh.it? Roy Williams hasn't come anywhere close to living up to his billing and yes while intriguing I wouldn't want him on my roster for much more than vet minimum. I also don't imagine Jones will cut him loose and if he does what makes you think he'll want to play for the Browns? or better yet that the Browns will want to pay what he's likely going to ask?

    Well, first off, the Browns are likely to have as many as 3 WRs on the field at a time...and MoMass and RoBo have not demonstrated that they necessarily have any more capability than he has, no.

    And like I said, this is all hypothetical: IF he is let go by the 'Boys, and IF he can be had at whatever price Randy Lerner is willing to pay him, he WOULD be someone worth possibly taking a chance on, because right now, the Browns entire receiving corps is unproven. But, if they decided they didn't want him, that wouldn't break my heart either. Onward and upward..

  • christ...here i am on the side of snatch....

    at some point, you have to let the draft process run its course. are we gonna be a superbowl contender with RW catchin passes? he didn't do shit on a fairly well balanced team in dallas, the the xxxx would he do here?

    oh yeah....mentor...blah blah blah.

    @choco said:

    christ...here i am on the side of snatch....

    at some point, you have to let the draft process run its course. are we gonna be a superbowl contender with RW catchin passes? he didn't do shit on a fairly well balanced team in dallas, the the xxxx would he do here?

    oh yeah....mentor...blah blah blah.

    Don't let it become a habit. I wouldn't want to have to play nice ALL the time. However you are correct in letting the "draft run it's course" Look at the teams that have won the super bowl recently. You then need to evaluate the number of high profile free agents any of the teams have acquired in their quest for the Lombardi. Bottom line, Great teams build through the draft. Yes those same teams dip in to free agency here and there but they aren't routinely going after the high profile guys looking for a quick fix. It's a process. I know at one point 19 of the 22 starters for the Steelers were drafted. I believe that number is still damn close.

  • Another dumb post... let's see we haven't made a run for any good free agent WR's yet were going to go for Roy Williams.. Who is lazy and isnt a burner.. Come on you homo's

  • Roy isn't worth it. He was overrated when we had him at Texas. He broke out a little in Detroit. That's about it. He's a hamstring injury waiting to happen every single time he suits up. He won't play if he's the least bit tweaked. That's just the reputation a friend of mine in the program related to me.

  • "we haven't made a run for any good free agent WR's"

    thats because there isnt any.

  • According to ProFootballTalk.com Patrick Crayton is holding out in Dallas in hopes of a trade, wonder if we've contacted them at all. What do you think Crayton's value is in terms of trading for future picks or players?