Draft Pick
-
No Thomas. There's a basic standard. If you are computer savvy enough to establish an account here and are, by definition of doing so interested in Browns football, its not unrealistic to expect folks to do their own basic research.
He wasn't overly bashed, but should have done the research. Common courtesy actually.
No Thomas. There's a basic standard. If you are computer savvy enough to establish an account here and are, by definition of doing so interested in Browns football, its not unrealistic to expect folks to do their own basic research.
He wasn't overly bashed, but should have done the research. Common courtesy actually.
I didn't mean to claim he was 'overly bashed'. I think letting whoever it is that wants to know the information be sent to find it for themselves is fine, I just think maybe we could ask them if they need help determining it. I may be off base here, It seems this board has a lot more (not entirely) intelligent posters than any sports themed message board I've been to and sometimes we may expect all fans to have the basic knowledge. As I continue this thread it just seems more and more insignificant... but I think I tend to do that to the threads I respond to anyway.
-
No Thomas. There's a basic standard. If you are computer savvy enough to establish an account here and are, by definition of doing so interested in Browns football, its not unrealistic to expect folks to do their own basic research.
He wasn't overly bashed, but should have done the research. Common courtesy actually.
I didn't mean to claim he was 'overly bashed'. I think letting whoever it is that wants to know the information be sent to find it for themselves is fine, I just think maybe we could ask them if they need help determining it. I may be off base here, It seems this board has a lot more (not entirely) intelligent posters than any sports themed message board I've been to and sometimes we may expect all fans to have the basic knowledge. As I continue this thread it just seems more and more insignificant... but I think I tend to do that to the threads I respond to anyway.
I didn't mean to claim he was 'overly bashed'. I think letting whoever it is that wants to know the information be sent to find it for themselves is fine, I just think maybe we could ask them if they need help determining it. I may be off base here, It seems this board has a lot more (not entirely) intelligent posters than any sports themed message board I've been to and sometimes we may expect all fans to have the basic knowledge. As I continue this thread it just seems more and more insignificant... but I think I tend to do that to the threads I respond to anyway.
Take it as a sign.
just kidding...
-
The Browns should trade down, but not out of the first round. There will some team that has a need that will want to trade up to draft a player they love that will give up a third at the minimum. The Browns have so many holes they could use another second or third round pick. They need to make a few steals, some blue chip players that have first round talent but lack the flash and/or charisma to go in the first round.
Their biggest needs are:
Possesion reciever
linebackers
workhorse running back
The Browns can hopefully get a top-shelf linebacker in the first (provided there are any left that aren't a reach), a solid posession reciever in the second, a workhorse running back in the second to form a committee with Harrison, and some more linebackers in the following rounds.
-
I'm surprised this topic is still going. I was lazy this morning when I first posted, and got jumped on my a few very cranky fellow Browns fans. I'm 26 years old and have been a Browns fan as long as I can remember, and all I asked was a simple question. So I'm sorry Grethan and Adam if you were miffed by my laziness, I'll try not to let it happen again, wouldn't want to annoy you...
-
http://www.nfldraftdog.com/Mock_Drafts/200..._mock_draft.htm
After yesterday, we're at 9th in this mock draft picking Laurinaitis, Ohio State.
-
just ignore them... they were too lazy to look it up and post it for you
-
Right now we are tied with 3 other clubs for draft slots 8-11. The tiebreaker for this is strength of schedule:
TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURE FOR SELECTION MEETING
If two or more clubs are tied in the selection order, the strength-of-schedule tie breaker is applied, subject to the following exceptions for playoff clubs:
1. The Super Bowl winner is last and the Super Bowl loser next-to-last.
2. Any non-Super Bowl playoff club involved in a tie moves down in drafting priority within its tied segment as follows:
* For a loss inthe Wild-Card playoffs, a plus factor of one-half.
* For participation, win or lose, in the Divisional Playoffs, a plus factor of one.
* For a loss in the conference championship Game, a plus factor of one.
3. Clubs with the best won-lost-tied records after these steps are applied will drop to their appropriate spots at the bottom of the tied segment. In no case will the above process move a club lower than the segmentin which it was initially tied.
4. Tied clubs will alternate priority throughout the 7 rounds of the draft. In case of a tie involving three or more teams, the club with priority in the first round will drop to the bottom of the tied segment in the second round and move its way back to the top of the segment in each succeeding round.
Therefore....
Cleveland 67.5 wins
San Diego 65 wins
Jacksonville 62.5 wins
Houston 60.5 wins
So we would pick 11th at the current standings.
Looking ahead:
Cleveland 32
San Diego 25
Jacksonville 30
Houston 29
We are likely to win only 1 game....with Houston/Jax/SD likely to win as many as 3 each...
Neither Oakland nor SF (3-8) are likely to catch us...so I would say our final draft slot will be...
8th
-
http://www.nfldraftdog.com/Mock_Drafts/200..._mock_draft.htm
After yesterday, we're at 9th in this mock draft picking Laurinaitis, Ohio State.
http://www.nfldraftdog.com/Mock_Drafts/200..._mock_draft.htm
After yesterday, we're at 9th in this mock draft picking Laurinaitis, Ohio State.
It's interesting that he has Aaron Curry going at pick #5. I'm a big fan of Curry's, yet I have a hard time seeing him go that high.
Curry may have the talent to warrant a top-five pick, but it's extremely rare that a linebacker goes that high. If you exclude 3-4 OLB (who are primarily pass-rushers), only twice in the past ten years has a linebacker been selected in the first five picks.
2008 - Keith Rivers (Pick #9)
2007 - Patrick Willis (Pick #11)
2006 - A.J. Hawk (Pick #5)
2005 - Derrick Johnson (Pick # 15)
2004 - Jonathan Vilma (Pick #12)
2003 - Nick Barnett (Pick #29)
2002 - Napoleon Harris (Pick #23)
2001 - Dan Morgan (Pick #11)
2000 - LaVarr Arrington (Pick #2)
1999 - Chris Claiborne (Pick #9)
Also, St. Louis desperately needs OT help - Orlando Pace should be retiring soon, and Alex Barron isn't starting material. If I had to guess, I'd say they bring in LB help during free agency, then draft their franchise left tackle in April.
-
Here's how Mel Kiper ranks the LB's on his Big Board:
ILB
- Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest (#1)
- Rey Maualuga, LB, USC (#3)
- James Laurinaitis, LB , Ohio State (#15)
- Brian Cushing, LB, USC (#7)
- Brian Orakpo, DE, Texas (#8)
- Clay Matthews, LB, USC (#19)
- Larry English, LB, No. Illinois (#20)
- Clint Sintim, LB , Virginia (#24)
-
Looking at the remaining schedule, the top 10 should go something like this:
Detroit - They need a QB and Stafford looks like a fit
KC - OL is a HUGE issue, look for A.Smith, OT to go here
Cincinnati - They need a ton...but help for them to look to help Palmer....despite 85 going away, I think they go RB, C.Wells
St. Louis - Their OL is still a mess....they shore it up with M.Oher, OT
Seattle - They have ZERO WR's...Crabtree, WR
San Francisco - no QB...I think they draft AND trade for one...Bradford, QB
Oakland - the just dumped CB Hall....and replace him with Jenkins, CB
Cleveland - we will have a choice between the top prospects of Orakpo, DE/V.Davis, CB/Curry, ILB/Maualuga, ILB/Johnson, DE (move to OLB). At least these are the usual suspects on most boards.
I find it funny that MOST boards are giving us Davis at this spot. Although we are thin at CB, I think our LB corp is much more of a need. Depending on what we think of Hall and Bell will determine where we go here....but for some reason I think we go with versatility and all around talent...and go with Curry.
-
I agree that Detroit goes QB with their first pick, especially because they can use their second 1st (Dallas's pick from the Roy Williams trade) to bolster their OL. But if Bradford declares, I think the Lions would take him over Stafford.
Also, I think KC has a bigger need on D. Their defense has only notched 6 sacks this season, so they're in desperate need of an elite pass-rusher. Orakpo's stock seems to be sliding a little bit, but a great combine workout could push him all the way up to #2.
Wells at #3 would be a bad move for Cinci, so it's probably what they'll end up doing.
Oakland could take Jenkins (Al Davis loves DB's), but I like WalterFootball's prediction that Davis will fall in love Taylor Mays. If he's run a sub-4.4 40, as some are predicting, Davis won't be able to help himself.
And about our pick: I'm hoping that we eliminate the CB issue by bringing in a free agent. Chris Gamble would make sense: a big CB who could push Brandon McDonald to nickel.
But Gamble may end up demanding huge $ on the open market, so we may be better off opting for a cheaper option like Jabari Greer & letting him battle McDonald for the starting job.
@wpb-dawg-fan said:
Depending on what we think of Hall and Bell will determine where we go here....but for some reason I think we go with versatility and all around talent...and go with Curry.I sure hope so.
-
I say do what we can to bring in Gamble if Carolina doesn't franchise him (with Peppers contract up, they won't). Then get an impact lb'er in the first round.
-
Another interesting option would be to sign Channing Crowder, then use our 1st Round pick on an OLB or CB.
If we win 2-3 more games, thereby taking us out of the running for Curry (& possibly Rey Rey), that might be a better option for us.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login