Our FA's in bed with the Devil !!!
-
It must be nice to be able to sit back and get rich leaching off of everyone else's hard work like this fella does.
It must be nice to be able to sit back and get rich leaching off of everyone else's hard work like this fella does.
If he didn't work hard, nobody would hire him. Dude, he's not sitting back. There are plenty of agents sitting back. They're the ones with no clients.
-
Considering the "Team First" philosophy we have adopted , first with Mangini , and continued with Big Show , nothing sends a message to the FO as
"Until I see my name on a big contract , your OTAs can go fish . " I am not sure the FO can do to much to placate their desires after signing Cribbs deal . He got his through unusual effort and being the man he is . Now some of these UFA's are good but not to Cribbs extent . I think we should keep the ones that show and lose the ones that skip training and OTAs
-
It must be nice to be able to sit back and get rich leaching off of everyone else's hard work like this fella does.
It must be nice to be able to sit back and get rich leaching off of everyone else's hard work like this fella does.
Seems like a whole lot more people would do the job if it was so simple.
If it was so easy, why don't the players just handle it and save 4%-7% of the deal, not to mention the cost for any other various functions the agency may perform for the client... financial planning, estate planning, paying bills, marketing/PR, etc.
The reality is there aren't all that many who are qualified and good at that.
-
It must be nice to be able to sit back and get rich leaching off of everyone else's hard work like this fella does.
Seems like a whole lot more people would do the job if it was so simple.
If it was so easy, why don't the players just handle it and save 4%-7% of the deal, not to mention the cost for any other various functions the agency may perform for the client... financial planning, estate planning, paying bills, marketing/PR, etc.
The reality is there aren't all that many who are qualified and good at that.
Seems like a whole lot more people would do the job if it was so simple.
If it was so easy, why don't the players just handle it and save 4%-7% of the deal, not to mention the cost for any other various functions the agency may perform for the client... financial planning, estate planning, paying bills, marketing/PR, etc.
The reality is there aren't all that many who are qualified and good at that.
Im pretty sure the accountant that the player's hire handle all the bills, financial planning, estate planning and all of that. I dont think this guy goes around checking out all his clients water bills making sure they paid them on time. Anyway's he's jewish so he was raised on the belief that it's ok to swindle people out of their money so I will give him that. If it were me, id rather keep that extra $250,000 he makes and tell the club how much I will play for and how much I wont play for.
-
Seems like a whole lot more people would do the job if it was so simple.
If it was so easy, why don't the players just handle it and save 4%-7% of the deal, not to mention the cost for any other various functions the agency may perform for the client... financial planning, estate planning, paying bills, marketing/PR, etc.
The reality is there aren't all that many who are qualified and good at that.
Im pretty sure the accountant that the player's hire handle all the bills, financial planning, estate planning and all of that. I dont think this guy goes around checking out all his clients water bills making sure they paid them on time. Anyway's he's jewish so he was raised on the belief that it's ok to swindle people out of their money so I will give him that. If it were me, id rather keep that extra $250,000 he makes and tell the club how much I will play for and how much I wont play for.
.......Anyway's he's jewish so he was raised on the belief that it's ok to swindle people out of their money so I will give him that.....
Dude, move on. i see no indication that you were trying to be funny here.
-
I don't see why anyone would want to hire Drew Rosenhaus. If he has 100s of clients, how can he seriously give each one the attention he deserves. I feel like guys like Harrison and Jackson would get swept under the rug while Drew tries to get contracts for some of the "stars" of the league. I'm a graphic designer and seriously if I had to deal with 100 clients I would go nuts and of course I would spend more time with those that would bring me in the most income. So my point is maybe this isn't that big of a deal, and Drew won't really be the "devil" he is when he tries to get bigger contracts for the stars...
These guys should go get the "Jerry Maguire" agents with only a few clients who will work their butts off to get them the best contracts possible, not some Bob Sugar (Rosenhaus) jerk who couldn't care less about them.
-
Contracts are dealt with in different years, and how much attention is necessary??
You schedule a meeting with the team....allow a extra day before you have another scheduled in case you get held over.
Quit acting like the agent is supposed to allot 24-7 to the client.
And many of the agencies off a full range of legal and financial services.
From a players perspective if it much easier to get in to a relationship like that rather than have 2-3-4 different points of contact on various matters.
-
I hate sports agents to guys but we're getting off topic here. It's about the players. In a nutshell it works like this....
We may have a lock-out next year and so we shouldn't see too many hold-outs at all this year especially from expendable talent like Jackson, Elam, and Harrison. We are deep at all three positions now. All they are doing is ruining their chances of playing this year and that hurts them in the future as far as new contracts go. We can move on without them so they are only hurting themselves and will be buried at the bottom of the depth chart. The Browns have played these contracts perfectly up to this point and I wouldn't be surprised if they drop the tender to a 3rd on these guys before Training Camp starts. That's what I feel they are worth anyways. If we can't move them, and they hold out, so what? They have all been replaced by younger, faster, stronger, smarter, bigger, team-first, players anyways.
-
The Browns will pay what they want to. I am sure they have this already spreadsheeted and are ready for the annual merry go round. To Ballpeen's point, if any of us were lucky enough to be pro players we'd have an agent and probably want Rosenhaus (with the xception of the anti-semite geezer who posted earlier) I hope we can work out equitable deals with Harrison, Vickers and Roth. Elam and Jackson - bye bye. I hope they take a leaf out of Cribbs' book and don't miss any mandatory camps though - I know as a decent man I wouldn't do that, I also wouldn't setlle for less than I'm worth. Go to camp, play up and the FO will pay up........within reason.
-
Seems like a whole lot more people would do the job if it was so simple.
If it was so easy, why don't the players just handle it and save 4%-7% of the deal, not to mention the cost for any other various functions the agency may perform for the client... financial planning, estate planning, paying bills, marketing/PR, etc.
The reality is there aren't all that many who are qualified and good at that.
Im pretty sure the accountant that the player's hire handle all the bills, financial planning, estate planning and all of that. I dont think this guy goes around checking out all his clients water bills making sure they paid them on time. Anyway's he's jewish so he was raised on the belief that it's ok to swindle people out of their money so I will give him that. If it were me, id rather keep that extra $250,000 he makes and tell the club how much I will play for and how much I wont play for.
Im pretty sure the accountant that the player's hire handle all the bills, financial planning, estate planning and all of that. I dont think this guy goes around checking out all his clients water bills making sure they paid them on time. Anyway's he's jewish so he was raised on the belief that it's ok to swindle people out of their money so I will give him that. If it were me, id rather keep that extra $250,000 he makes and tell the club how much I will play for and how much I wont play for.
That not only is a very stupid statement , it borders on disturbing .
shalom

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login