Skip to content

Rookies and the "Wright Brown", By Lane Adkins OBR Football Analyst

The Browns Board
18 11 2.0k
  • I think McCoy is lucky to be tutored by Jake and Seneca both . I also like what I am hearing on the other side of the ball . This will be an extremely good TC to witness this year . I can't wait .

    S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @neweradawg said:

    I think McCoy is lucky to be tutored by Jake and Seneca both . I also like what I am hearing on the other side of the ball . This will be an extremely good TC to witness this year . I can't wait .

    holmgren, haskell, jake and seneca. yes, mccoy is definitely in a good spot for an up and coming qb. he has alot of great mentors around him, so let's hope he has what it takes to be a good qb in this league.

  • I think McCoy is lucky to be tutored by Jake and Seneca both . I also like what I am hearing on the other side of the ball . This will be an extremely good TC to witness this year . I can't wait .

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @neweradawg said:

    I think McCoy is lucky to be tutored by Jake and Seneca both . I also like what I am hearing on the other side of the ball . This will be an extremely good TC to witness this year . I can't wait .

    I agree. Both qbs have a lot of experience and both are fairly similar to McCoy in style of play.....neither is real big and both can move in the pocket.

    The best thing that can happen to us and to Colt is Jake has a solid 2 years as QB of the Browns while Colt gets a little seasoning to him, then in 2012-2013, Colt come out ready to be the captain of his fate.

  • @neweradawg said:

    I think McCoy is lucky to be tutored by Jake and Seneca both . I also like what I am hearing on the other side of the ball . This will be an extremely good TC to witness this year . I can't wait .

    holmgren, haskell, jake and seneca. yes, mccoy is definitely in a good spot for an up and coming qb. he has alot of great mentors around him, so let's hope he has what it takes to be a good qb in this league.

    D Dawgstucknpa wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @sj_browns said:

    holmgren, haskell, jake and seneca. yes, mccoy is definitely in a good spot for an up and coming qb. he has alot of great mentors around him, so let's hope he has what it takes to be a good qb in this league.

    Eddie Haskell was a heck of a QB in his day.......just ask the Beaver.

  • @neweradawg said:

    I think McCoy is lucky to be tutored by Jake and Seneca both . I also like what I am hearing on the other side of the ball . This will be an extremely good TC to witness this year . I can't wait .

    I agree. Both qbs have a lot of experience and both are fairly similar to McCoy in style of play.....neither is real big and both can move in the pocket.

    The best thing that can happen to us and to Colt is Jake has a solid 2 years as QB of the Browns while Colt gets a little seasoning to him, then in 2012-2013, Colt come out ready to be the captain of his fate.

    P professor_g wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @ballpeen said:

    The best thing that can happen to us and to Colt is Jake has a solid 2 years as QB of the Browns while Colt gets a little seasoning to him, then in 2012-2013, Colt come out ready to be the captain of his fate.

    Agreed. And yet I really want to see what Wallace can do as well. Not by way of injury, hopefully, but rather through some change-of-look packages and WildDawg formations. Now having some players capable of executing, Daboll has an opportunity to show what he can do.

  • B Bag O'Browns wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Lots of positives in the write up! Adding Brown to the secondary while bringing along Haden is another case of a win-win for the Browns. Haden gets better while not being thrown to the wolves and watches a real pro like Brown play the position. (while also getting time on the fields as well)

    Love how the Browns view Mitchell too in terms of thinking he can have an impact right away, versus just trying to hide him and bring him along crazily slow.

    You've got to wonder with the drafting of Hardesty, what sort of contrat is Harrison going to get? He really doesn't have a lot of leverage at all....

  • @ballpeen said:

    The best thing that can happen to us and to Colt is Jake has a solid 2 years as QB of the Browns while Colt gets a little seasoning to him, then in 2012-2013, Colt come out ready to be the captain of his fate.

    Agreed. And yet I really want to see what Wallace can do as well. Not by way of injury, hopefully, but rather through some change-of-look packages and WildDawg formations. Now having some players capable of executing, Daboll has an opportunity to show what he can do.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @professor_g said:

    Agreed. And yet I really want to see what Wallace can do as well. Not by way of injury, hopefully, but rather through some change-of-look packages and WildDawg formations. Now having some players capable of executing, Daboll has an opportunity to show what he can do.

    No doubt.

    I was simply commenting on the QB situation more from the angle of how it pertains to McCoy and his development.

    The captain of his fate part more or less implies he is then thrust in to the QB battle and let the chips fall where they may.

    No slight of Wallace intended.

  • B Bag O'Browns wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I think many of us are interested in what Wallace can do for us, especially with Mangini mentioning that he'll be a part of packages regardless of his status as a starter or not. I love them utlizing a man who could be another potential weapon for us. I still think fans who haven't seen a lot of Seneca will be impressed.

  • mopajiM mopaji wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I know its off topic but, does anyone know if Chris Jennings has been at OTAs and whether or not he will be facing discipline for his Braylon moment?

  • B Bag O'Browns wrote on last edited by
    #15

    This was all i could find on Jennings...

    (On if he had had contact with the restricted free agents) – “Yes, I’ve talked to almost all of the guys at different points whether it be when they were in the building, or by phone, by text, some type of conversation. You want them all to be here, its voluntary right now, and they have to make the decisions that they have to make. The thing that it does do for the guys that are here is it creates extra reps for them which is positive because we do have quite a few guys at positions. Whether it be Montario (Hardesty) getting some more reps or Chris Jennings or James Davis, Peyton Hillis, there’s more reps at the running back spot for those guys to learn and to show what they can do. Same thing at the linebacker spot, the safety spot. You want everyone here because there is really important learning going on and trying to build cohesiveness, things like that, but in their absence it does create a window for other guys to gain some extra reps, which is positive for them.”

    This was from Mangini on May 19th...

  • D drake54 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    like most have said its good to hear positives comments even if is just OTAs.

    Cant wait to see the WildDawg stuff with both wallace and cribbs.

  • @sj_browns said:

    holmgren, haskell, jake and seneca. yes, mccoy is definitely in a good spot for an up and coming qb. he has alot of great mentors around him, so let's hope he has what it takes to be a good qb in this league.

    Eddie Haskell was a heck of a QB in his day.......just ask the Beaver.

    S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @dawgstucknpa said:

    Eddie Haskell was a heck of a QB in his day.......just ask the Beaver.

    i was referring to gil haskell, holmgren's former oc with the seahawks and current senior advisor with the browns.

  • I think many of us are interested in what Wallace can do for us, especially with Mangini mentioning that he'll be a part of packages regardless of his status as a starter or not. I love them utlizing a man who could be another potential weapon for us. I still think fans who haven't seen a lot of Seneca will be impressed.

    sisky fringoS sisky fringo wrote on last edited by sisky fringo
    #18

    @bag-o-browns said:

    I think many of us are interested in what Wallace can do for us, especially with Mangini mentioning that he'll be a part of packages regardless of his status as a starter or not. I love them utlizing a man who could be another potential weapon for us. I still think fans who haven't seen a lot of Seneca will be impressed.

    with Seneca's utilization i bet it opens up the possibility for the RATliffe to hang around a little longer.