Skip to content

Survey Monday Memorial Week.

The Browns Board
19 10 1.8k
  • Since next Monday is a Holiday I am going to probably skip this next week, so this week I will do a somewhat expanded survey covering various subjects. Please give your opinions/thoughts:

    1. I am of the opinion that the Boston Celtics are not nearly as good as they have shown the last two series because the entire year they have been nothing but creeky and that several things may have happened: a. the put a voodoo hex on the Cavs and Magic b. they found a leprechaun's pot of gold and were granted a wish to play this well...or at least have their opponent play poorly or c. someone has figured out how to spike the Cavs and Magic's Gatorade with Quaalude's as lethargic as those two teams played. Which explanation do you buy?

    2. Since the Browns QB is named Jake, besides him, Who is your favorite Jake?

    3. If you watch American Idol (I do) who do you think should win: Crystal Bowersox or Lee Dewyze?

    4. Was Jim Brown right? Are the Cavs fans being "too hard" on LeBron?

    5. What is your favorit Italian dish?

    6. What are your plans for Memorial Day?

    7. Please use this opportunity to give a tribute to a serviceman, be that family, friend, past or present. Tell a little about their service.

    @the-gipper said:

    Since next Monday is a Holiday I am going to probably skip this next week, so this week I will do a somewhat expanded survey covering various subjects. Please give your opinions/thoughts:

    1. I am of the opinion that the Boston Celtics are not nearly as good as they have shown the last two series because the entire year they have been nothing but creeky and that several things may have happened: a. the put a voodoo hex on the Cavs and Magic b. they found a leprechaun's pot of gold and were granted a wish to play this well...or at least have their opponent play poorly or c. someone has figured out how to spike the Cavs and Magic's Gatorade with Quaalude's as lethargic as those two teams played. Which explanation do you buy?

    i would agree with the quaaludes. but seriously they tired themselves out by being the best team for the season. teams like the celtics and lakers know how to pace themselves and flip the switch in the playoffs/finals.

    2. Since the Browns QB is named Jake, besides him, Who is your favorite Jake?

    jake the snake. the football player, not the wrestler.

    3. If you watch American Idol (I do) who do you think should win: Crystal Bowersox or Lee Dewyze?

    yes i watch it with my girlfriend. crystal has fallen off in the last couple of weeks but was the strongest and the favorite to win all season. depends on who cranks it up tomorrow. crystal i hope cuz she's from nw ohio like me.

    4. Was Jim Brown right? Are the Cavs fans being "too hard" on LeBron?

    i know him leaving would crush the team, but when is enough, enough? people here in ny think he's coming here or chicago. if you don't love and hope for your hometown or state, then come hang out with blubber lips jayz (which i think would be a way to make a move on beyonce that fat-assed dork diddler).

    5. What is your favorit Italian dish?

    chicken scarpariello. thin cutlets with hot cherry peppers in a butter white wine sauce. mamma mia!!!

    6. What are your plans for Memorial Day?

    watch the parade in the village outside the bar, then move the party outside to the grill and many coolers full of many different libations.

    7. Please use this opportunity to give a tribute to a serviceman, be that family, friend, past or present. Tell a little about their service.

    specifically all my comrades from the 123rd sig btln, 3rd army, wurzburg, germany. and every other serviceman/woman who's ever served. god bless them all. and pleez watch over those who serve now. even though their situation is fubar.

    btw watching american idol is not gay. sometimes the process of the judging blah, blah sucks but there are people who've won who are multi-million dollar stars now. it's cool to know you saw them when they were on our generations version of star search (yeah, tell me you didn't watch that).

  • Since next Monday is a Holiday I am going to probably skip this next week, so this week I will do a somewhat expanded survey covering various subjects. Please give your opinions/thoughts:

    1. I am of the opinion that the Boston Celtics are not nearly as good as they have shown the last two series because the entire year they have been nothing but creeky and that several things may have happened: a. the put a voodoo hex on the Cavs and Magic b. they found a leprechaun's pot of gold and were granted a wish to play this well...or at least have their opponent play poorly or c. someone has figured out how to spike the Cavs and Magic's Gatorade with Quaalude's as lethargic as those two teams played. Which explanation do you buy?

    2. Since the Browns QB is named Jake, besides him, Who is your favorite Jake?

    3. If you watch American Idol (I do) who do you think should win: Crystal Bowersox or Lee Dewyze?

    4. Was Jim Brown right? Are the Cavs fans being "too hard" on LeBron?

    5. What is your favorit Italian dish?

    6. What are your plans for Memorial Day?

    7. Please use this opportunity to give a tribute to a serviceman, be that family, friend, past or present. Tell a little about their service.

    @the-gipper said:

    Since next Monday is a Holiday I am going to probably skip this next week, so this week I will do a somewhat expanded survey covering various subjects. Please give your opinions/thoughts:

    1. I am of the opinion that the Boston Celtics are not nearly as good as they have shown the last two series because the entire year they have been nothing but creeky and that several things may have happened: a. the put a voodoo hex on the Cavs and Magic b. they found a leprechaun's pot of gold and were granted a wish to play this well...or at least have their opponent play poorly or c. someone has figured out how to spike the Cavs and Magic's Gatorade with Quaalude's as lethargic as those two teams played. Which explanation do you buy?

    They have a collection of team players who know how to win. Some teams stand up - the won the Championship two years ago - and some teams wilt. Celtics also have a fantastic heritage and there is something about that parque floor that gets the players 'up'.

    They were decimated with injuries last playoffs and played every team to the hilt, almost knocking off Orlando with several key players out.

    2. Since the Browns QB is named Jake, besides him, Who is your favorite Jake?

    Jack the Snake - former WWF Wrestler

    3. If you watch American Idol (I do) who do you think should win: Crystal Bowersox or Lee Dewyze?

    Didn't watch this year.

    4. Was Jim Brown right? Are the Cavs fans being "too hard" on LeBron?

    Who cares?

    5. What is your favorit Italian dish?

    I always liked Sophia.

    6. What are your plans for Memorial Day?

    Maybe our town's parade. Maybe a barbeque. Some PBR in it's Red, White, and Blue cans. No real plans that I know of.

    7. Please use this opportunity to give a tribute to a serviceman, be that family, friend, past or present. Tell a little about their service.

    My father in law is a veteran of WWI and my neighbor and good friend served in Korea. Good guys.

  • Since next Monday is a Holiday I am going to probably skip this next week, so this week I will do a somewhat expanded survey covering various subjects. Please give your opinions/thoughts:

    1. I am of the opinion that the Boston Celtics are not nearly as good as they have shown the last two series because the entire year they have been nothing but creeky and that several things may have happened: a. the put a voodoo hex on the Cavs and Magic b. they found a leprechaun's pot of gold and were granted a wish to play this well...or at least have their opponent play poorly or c. someone has figured out how to spike the Cavs and Magic's Gatorade with Quaalude's as lethargic as those two teams played. Which explanation do you buy?

    2. Since the Browns QB is named Jake, besides him, Who is your favorite Jake?

    3. If you watch American Idol (I do) who do you think should win: Crystal Bowersox or Lee Dewyze?

    4. Was Jim Brown right? Are the Cavs fans being "too hard" on LeBron?

    5. What is your favorit Italian dish?

    6. What are your plans for Memorial Day?

    7. Please use this opportunity to give a tribute to a serviceman, be that family, friend, past or present. Tell a little about their service.

    @the-gipper said:

    Since next Monday is a Holiday I am going to probably skip this next week, so this week I will do a somewhat expanded survey covering various subjects. Please give your opinions/thoughts:

    1. I am of the opinion that the Boston Celtics are not nearly as good as they have shown the last two series because the entire year they have been nothing but creeky and that several things may have happened: a. the put a voodoo hex on the Cavs and Magic b. they found a leprechaun's pot of gold and were granted a wish to play this well...or at least have their opponent play poorly or c. someone has figured out how to spike the Cavs and Magic's Gatorade with Quaalude's as lethargic as those two teams played. Which explanation do you buy? Neither, they were just better

    2. Since the Browns QB is named Jake, besides him, Who is your favorite Jake?

    You know, I am not sure I can name one - I have to go with Jake LaMotta - he's the only Jake I can think of

    3. If you watch American Idol (I do) who do you think should win: Crystal Bowersox or Lee Dewyze?

    I'm with Zombo on this one

    4. Was Jim Brown right? Are the Cavs fans being "too hard" on LeBron?

    LeBron has a thick skin - he can take it. When you wear the crown there will always be those wanting to tip it off.

    5. What is your favorit Italian dish?

    Slow roast pork with Juniper - I had it once in Umbria and I swear to God it was the most delicious thing I ever ate in my life

    6. What are your plans for Memorial Day?

    Well we remember our fallen in November but I shall take the opportunity to think of all those who have given up their worldy being in defense of their countries.

    7. Please use this opportunity to give a tribute to a serviceman, be that family, friend, past or present. Tell a little about their service.

    I am blessed that no one in my immediate family line was taken from us in the line of duty. Although my great uncle was a priosner of war in a Japenes POW camp for three and a half years. I always felt a huge sadness for him as he never quite returned to the world of normality after that ordeal. many in the family found him to be an insular and objectionable man but he was always very nice to me. I was the only person he opened up to about his experience and I love him for that because i think it helped him, he once said, "I have been inside my own soul Howard and when all is said and done it is a very small place but it is your place - don't ever let anyone try to take yours from you, it truly is the only thing you own" I am glad you made me remember him, thanks.
  • Since next Monday is a Holiday I am going to probably skip this next week, so this week I will do a somewhat expanded survey covering various subjects. Please give your opinions/thoughts:

    1. I am of the opinion that the Boston Celtics are not nearly as good as they have shown the last two series because the entire year they have been nothing but creeky and that several things may have happened: a. the put a voodoo hex on the Cavs and Magic b. they found a leprechaun's pot of gold and were granted a wish to play this well...or at least have their opponent play poorly or c. someone has figured out how to spike the Cavs and Magic's Gatorade with Quaalude's as lethargic as those two teams played. Which explanation do you buy?

    2. Since the Browns QB is named Jake, besides him, Who is your favorite Jake?

    3. If you watch American Idol (I do) who do you think should win: Crystal Bowersox or Lee Dewyze?

    4. Was Jim Brown right? Are the Cavs fans being "too hard" on LeBron?

    5. What is your favorit Italian dish?

    6. What are your plans for Memorial Day?

    7. Please use this opportunity to give a tribute to a serviceman, be that family, friend, past or present. Tell a little about their service.

    @the-gipper said:

    Since next Monday is a Holiday I am going to probably skip this next week, so this week I will do a somewhat expanded survey covering various subjects. Please give your opinions/thoughts:

    1. I am of the opinion that the Boston Celtics are not nearly as good as they have shown the last two series because the entire year they have been nothing but creeky and that several things may have happened: a. the put a voodoo hex on the Cavs and Magic b. they found a leprechaun's pot of gold and were granted a wish to play this well...or at least have their opponent play poorly or c. someone has figured out how to spike the Cavs and Magic's Gatorade with Quaalude's as lethargic as those two teams played. Which explanation do you buy?

    Either the leprechaun wish or their a good team who put it all together at the right time. They have looked dominate so far in playoffs.

    2. Since the Browns QB is named Jake, besides him, Who is your favorite Jake?

    "Joliet" Jake Blues, Elwoods brother

    3. If you watch American Idol (I do) who do you think should win: Crystal Bowersox or Lee Dewyze?

    Havent watched since the Pants on the ground guy didnt make the cut.

    4. Was Jim Brown right? Are the Cavs fans being "too hard" on LeBron?

    Love Jim as a football player, ok as an actor , as a personal advisor not too sure.

    5. What is your favorit Italian dish?

    Marisa Tomei if you count Italian American

    6. What are your plans for Memorial Day?

    Plan is to paint front porch. Probably blow that off. Smoke some ribs.

    7. Please use this opportunity to give a tribute to a serviceman, be that family, friend, past or present. Tell a little about their service.

    My older brother Ron. Shot in Vietnam through both ankles, has a limp but gets around o.k. He lost a lot of friends in that war. Still active in the P.O.W. M.I.A. movement. May God Bless.

  • Since next Monday is a Holiday I am going to probably skip this next week, so this week I will do a somewhat expanded survey covering various subjects. Please give your opinions/thoughts:

    1. I am of the opinion that the Boston Celtics are not nearly as good as they have shown the last two series because the entire year they have been nothing but creeky and that several things may have happened: a. the put a voodoo hex on the Cavs and Magic b. they found a leprechaun's pot of gold and were granted a wish to play this well...or at least have their opponent play poorly or c. someone has figured out how to spike the Cavs and Magic's Gatorade with Quaalude's as lethargic as those two teams played. Which explanation do you buy?

    2. Since the Browns QB is named Jake, besides him, Who is your favorite Jake?

    3. If you watch American Idol (I do) who do you think should win: Crystal Bowersox or Lee Dewyze?

    4. Was Jim Brown right? Are the Cavs fans being "too hard" on LeBron?

    5. What is your favorit Italian dish?

    6. What are your plans for Memorial Day?

    7. Please use this opportunity to give a tribute to a serviceman, be that family, friend, past or present. Tell a little about their service.

    @the-gipper said:

    Since next Monday is a Holiday I am going to probably skip this next week, so this week I will do a somewhat expanded survey covering various subjects. Please give your opinions/thoughts:

    1. I am of the opinion that the Boston Celtics are not nearly as good as they have shown the last two series because the entire year they have been nothing but creeky and that several things may have happened: a. the put a voodoo hex on the Cavs and Magic b. they found a leprechaun's pot of gold and were granted a wish to play this well...or at least have their opponent play poorly or c. someone has figured out how to spike the Cavs and Magic's Gatorade with Quaalude's as lethargic as those two teams played. Which explanation do you buy?

    I think they are pretty good since they beat us and are beating the Celtics.

    2. Since the Browns QB is named Jake, besides him, Who is your favorite Jake?

    None

    3. If you watch American Idol (I do) who do you think should win: Crystal Bowersox or Lee Dewyze?

    Never have watched it.

    4. Was Jim Brown right? Are the Cavs fans being "too hard" on LeBron?

    I don't care about Lebron or if Jim Brown thinks we are being to hard on him.

    5. What is your favorit Italian dish?

    lazagna with Italian sausage or Spaghetti with meat sauce. Tie.

    6. What are your plans for Memorial Day?

    Visit my fathers and uncles graves, and my brothers.

    7. Please use this opportunity to give a tribute to a serviceman, be that family, friend, past or present. Tell a little about their service.

    Grab two beers, visit my brothers grave who was killed in Vietnam in 1969. I drink one, and pour the other on his grave. Then I go and visit my father and Uncle's grave. They both served in the Marine Corps during WW2, but didn't see any action as the war ended while they were in boot camp.

  • >>Grab two beers, visit my brothers grave who was killed in Vietnam in 1969. I drink one, and pour the other on his grave. Then I go and visit my father and Uncle's grave. They both served in the Marine Corps during WW2, but didn't see any action as the war ended while they were in boot camp.>>

    Powerful stuff, DieHard.

    God Bless you.

  • Note to Howie: We too recognize our Veteran's on November 11. We call that "Veteran's Day" (the former Armistice Day).

    Memorial Day is meant more to remember those fallen in action, or the deceased who served. Veteran's Day is meant more to honor the living who gave service, though Veteran's Day in most places is not a National Holiday where Memorial Day is. We have several other "patriotic" holidays or semi-patriotic. Martin Luther King Day in January. President's Day in February. The 4th of July/Independence Day of course. Labor Day in September. Columbus Day in October, Thanksgiving in November (though Canada celebrates Thanksgiving the same day we celebrate Columbus Day). Unofficially we also have Flag Day: June 14th. In Massachussetts, April 19th, Patriot's Day, is an official State holiday. (I think we already talked about that one). And, of course there is Christmas, New Year's, Good Friday, Easter.

    What "patriotic holidays" are there in the UK? The only one I am aware of is Guy Fawks day.

  • I personally watch Idol. I like the talent shows. If you mean the shows are happy when you say gay, then you are correct Zombo. The shows are happy shows.

    I think Lee wins. I want Crystal to win, but I think Lee has gotten better and better every week, and he just dominated the semi-finals. We shall find out tonight how he does heads-up against Crystal.

  • Zombo said:

    What was the Skipper doing sleeping with his "little buddy" when there were two hot broads on the island?

    Zombo

    Ginger and Mary Ann were gay.

  • Zombo said:

    What was the Skipper doing sleeping with his "little buddy" when there were two hot broads on the island?

    Zombo

    Ginger and Mary Ann were gay.

    @chicopee-john said:

    Ginger and Mary Ann were gay.

    Do you have photos to prove that?

  • @chicopee-john said:

    Ginger and Mary Ann were gay.

    Do you have photos to prove that?

    @the-gipper said:

    Do you have photos to prove that?

    LMFAO!!!! i wish!