Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Cleveland Browns RFA running back Jerome Harrison joins OTAs despite not signing tender

Cleveland Browns RFA running back Jerome Harrison joins OTAs despite not signing tender

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
16 Posts 12 Posters 1.8k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • mopaji mopajiM
    • 1k Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    mopajiM mopaji wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I think he realized he has no leverage in the matter and reluctantly showed up so he didn't lose his job. I expect to hear some drama coming from him before too long. Remember last year he and Mangini bumped heads because he didn't practice hard. They already have some friction between them and I can't imagine he's too happy about giving in.

    "Chances are, if you think Jay Leno is funny, I don't care for you as a person" - Peter Griffin
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Bag O'Browns B
      • 160 Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      B Bag O'Browns wrote on last edited by
      #7

      If he shows he can beat all of these guys out, then you'd have to imagine he WILL get paid. Also, being around perhaps shows his stubborness, which frankly has held back his career, is beginning to wane.

      Him being a part of the Browns makes us a better team, so i'm hopeful it is a positive sign all across the board.

      In order to appreciate the top you have to spend some time at the bottom.
      T 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • B Bag O'Browns

        If he shows he can beat all of these guys out, then you'd have to imagine he WILL get paid. Also, being around perhaps shows his stubborness, which frankly has held back his career, is beginning to wane.

        Him being a part of the Browns makes us a better team, so i'm hopeful it is a positive sign all across the board.

        Thomaspro T
        • 178 Posts
        • 9 Reputation
        T Thomaspro wrote on last edited by
        #8

        @bag-o-browns said:

        If he shows he can beat all of these guys out, then you'd have to imagine he WILL get paid. Also, being around perhaps shows his stubborness, which frankly has held back his career, is beginning to wane.

        Him being a part of the Browns makes us a better team, so i'm hopeful it is a positive sign all across the board.

        I would really like to see him and Hardesty in the backfield this season with Hillis getting the short yardage situations.

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • halfsane halfsaneH
          • 696 Posts
          • 49 Reputation
          halfsaneH halfsane wrote on last edited by
          #9

          This is great news!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • DawgTracker D
            • 774 Posts
            • 1 Reputation
            D DawgTracker wrote on last edited by
            #10

            He can't play it both ways. He is taking a big risk that he could be injured in a strange way and I seriously wonder if the browns would 'take care' of him after he was injured with no contract. But, maybe they would still give him what they had offered if that were to happen

            B 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • D DawgTracker

              He can't play it both ways. He is taking a big risk that he could be injured in a strange way and I seriously wonder if the browns would 'take care' of him after he was injured with no contract. But, maybe they would still give him what they had offered if that were to happen

              Bag O'Browns B
              • 160 Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              B Bag O'Browns wrote on last edited by
              #11

              @dawgtracker said:

              He can't play it both ways. He is taking a big risk that he could be injured in a strange way and I seriously wonder if the browns would 'take care' of him after he was injured with no contract. But, maybe they would still give him what they had offered if that were to happen

              Good point Dawg but i'm willing to bet, IF something bad like happened, some sort of deal would be arranged. Most teams like to negotiate in good faith and if something flukey took place, they won't totally stiff a guy. He won't get the big bucks he may've wanted/earned....but he'll get something.

              I think he stands to gain more by showing up and impressing Mangini that he's ready to LEAD this team and make a major impact. Also, i think the three headed monster "H-Bomb" of Harrison, Hillis and Hardesty is going to blow up on people!

              In order to appreciate the top you have to spend some time at the bottom.
              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • ClevelandBigDawg C
                • 571 Posts
                • 8 Reputation
                C ClevelandBigDawg wrote on last edited by
                #12

                I know this is about Jerome Harrison, but I am also kind of taking it as running back depth...

                Anyone know how James Davis is doing, I still really like that kid.

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Bag O'Browns B
                  • 160 Posts
                  • 0 Reputation
                  B Bag O'Browns wrote on last edited by
                  #13

                  Here's a quote by him...from Thursday 05/27.

                  James Davis

                  (On what his expectations are for playing time this season)- “Right now, I just want to work my way in. I just did come off a season-ending injury. I just want to work as hard as I can to just get my health back and then be able to compete at that point.”

                  (On his solid play before his injury)- “I think that it gives me some confidence just going into the season that I’m able to see the speed of the game and I can adjust to it probably quicker than a lot of the rookies. But, I still feel like a rookie, but I think I could probably adjust sense I was able to go through the preseason and play a couple games in the season, so I feel pretty good.”

                  In order to appreciate the top you have to spend some time at the bottom.
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Gips GipsG
                    • 3k Posts
                    • 34 Reputation
                    GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
                    #14

                    Harrison was smart to attend..he seems to understand there is a lot of competition at RB and that mangini seriously frowns on players that miss ota's and he already questions harrisons physical durability...it was in harrisons best interest to attend, now lets just hope he can stay healthy and help the team this year..

                    We have been rebuilding since 1964, Why stop now? GO BROWNS!
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Earl34 E
                      • 1k Posts
                      • 11 Reputation
                      E Earl34 wrote on last edited by
                      #15

                      I could be wrong but this strikes me as Jerome coming to OTAs that he probably wanted to attend all along but his agent advised him not to. The one thing about Jerome Harrison that we know is that he worked REALLY hard to gain the respect of Coach Mangini last year and get back on the field; this was going to do nothing but push him down the depth chart. It doesn't make sense that he would feel terribly slighted and then do an about-face and show up.

                      I think that someone probably called him up and told him that between Hardesty, Davis and Hillis....there was already plenty of reason to fear he'd lose carries so he'd better get his ass to Berea.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • SJ_Browns S
                        • 1k Posts
                        • 12 Reputation
                        S SJ_Browns wrote on last edited by
                        #16

                        i want to see if james davis will amount to anything for the browns. he was good in college and he shown potential in last years pre-season. let's see what he can do for us when it counts (if he makes the team).

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply

                        Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                        Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                        With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                        Register Login
                        Reply
                        • Reply as topic
                        Log in to reply
                        • Oldest to Newest
                        • Newest to Oldest
                        • Most Votes


                        Theme
                        • System
                        • Light
                        • Dark
                        The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                        The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                        • First post
                          Last post
                        0
                        • Forums
                        • Recent
                        • Popular
                        • Users
                        • Donate