RIP Dennis Hopper
-
RIP Dennis. I used to love those Nike commercials when you were Stanley the ref....
and this speech (given as Stanley) about football:
"When I was a boy, I dreamed of playing football. But I was
allergic to milk and the soybean juice substitute that my mother
gave me made my bones weak. But I digress. My point is: I love
football. Football. The ballet of bulldozers. The moments of
grace in a sea of fury. The crowd: fickle, fanatical, and
faithful. Every kick-off is possibility. Every down a war. And
every now and then, it doesn't come down to fancy strategy or
speed or strength. It comes down to who has more heart. Yes.
You see football is in my bones, and where goes the two point
conversion, the on-side kick and the TV time-out, so go I. I
have seen the locker room my friends. I have smelled the shoes,
stormed the field and sung the songs. And I have heard the
footsteps. Yes. And they say to me, they say 'Stanley, is
football the greatest game in the world?' And I say, 'Yes,
footsteps. Yes it is!'".
-
RIP Dennis. I used to love those Nike commercials when you were Stanley the ref....
and this speech (given as Stanley) about football:
"When I was a boy, I dreamed of playing football. But I was
allergic to milk and the soybean juice substitute that my mother
gave me made my bones weak. But I digress. My point is: I love
football. Football. The ballet of bulldozers. The moments of
grace in a sea of fury. The crowd: fickle, fanatical, and
faithful. Every kick-off is possibility. Every down a war. And
every now and then, it doesn't come down to fancy strategy or
speed or strength. It comes down to who has more heart. Yes.
You see football is in my bones, and where goes the two point
conversion, the on-side kick and the TV time-out, so go I. I
have seen the locker room my friends. I have smelled the shoes,
stormed the field and sung the songs. And I have heard the
footsteps. Yes. And they say to me, they say 'Stanley, is
football the greatest game in the world?' And I say, 'Yes,
footsteps. Yes it is!'".
-
Its crazy, this time last year is when all the Celebrities started passing away. Now Gary Coleman and Now Dennis Hopper.
-
I would have put money on Dennis having six months or less when they gave him the star on the Walk of Fame. He looked so emaciated in those photos. The end was near. So sad.
-
He will be missed. I did get to share a chat and a cup of coffee with him downtown here in Wilmington a few years back. He was wearing a black tuxedo and had a red bandana on. What a crazy guy, but he was very entertaining to listen to.
He will be missed. I did get to share a chat and a cup of coffee with him downtown here in Wilmington a few years back. He was wearing a black tuxedo and had a red bandana on. What a crazy guy, but he was very entertaining to listen to.
That's some cool shit. And I don't care what anyone says, I liked Waterworld.
-
You guys might have seen this snippit on TV by now but I rank this as one of the best xyz quotes of all time.
A reported asked Hopper if he had any stories about Hollywood and he said that he didn't have any stories about Hollywood - Hollywood had stories about him.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login