Rumors and Speculation from the Ivory Tower
-
Sounds great, to bad its rumors.
Only thing that doesnt sound great is trading BQ and keeping DA. Sorry I have seen all I need to see of DA, he can not handle pressure.
-
Trent Dilfer was 100% right.
edited to add...I believe Ken Dorsey is under contract for the next 2 seasons.
Trent Dilfer was 100% right.
edited to add...I believe Ken Dorsey is under contract for the next 2 seasons.
Like most NFL contract, I don't think any of the money is guaranteed. Basically, he was Quinn's mentor, now they realize that if Anderson get's hurt, Dorsey would have to carry the team.
-
Players most feel won't be back. Some very obvious, some a surprise. McGinnest, A. Davis, Sean Smith
That doesn't make much sense. Shaun's base salary next year is only $900K. And if the Browns cut him, he'll still count $1.8M against the cap.
I know there's been some talk that Shaun was one of the "quitters," but he'd be worth keeping around as DL depth at that salary.
Aloysius said:
That doesn't make much sense. Shaun's base salary next year is only $900K. And if the Browns cut him, he'll still count $1.8M against the cap.I know there's been some talk that Shaun was one of the "quitters," but he'd be worth keeping around as DL depth at that salary.
Sounds like Smith has worn out his welcome. I guess it will all be determined by whomever the new coach is. If your switching to a 4-3, you don't need 6 DTs. You got to go out and get some DEs and some OLBs. Wembley is one DE but Peek and Hall are more 3-4 hybrids. Maybe they could work out as WSLBs. Peek was traded by Houston because he couldn't handle it as a hand on the ground DE.
As for Smith, rumors are that he intimidates Tucker and is real close to RAC. Cincy let him go because he was a distraction and had a rep for taking plays off.
The one that surprise me was Jones. I know he isn't having a good season, but he has been playing hurt all year. I guess they don't like that TEs run away from him. A SS has to be able to cover a TE or back.
Again, remember that these are PR and personnel talking about this. Watercooler talk. But, they know Savage's ego and supposedly he has a long memory. I guess Savage makes his opinions about players known.
-
Sean Smith is nothing but a loud mouth; have you ever caught his act on Red Zone on Thursday evenings? At first last season it was kind of funny; but now his 'What's up boss man?' takes are nothing short of very tired
-
@rich4eagle said:
An anolddawg has the credibility of a slug.................so that about sums him up..............soI will leave the post for those with wisdom
I remember you from the ABJ board. Integrity wasn't your strong suit. So, I believe most on herte will take what you say with a grain of salt. Besides, read the title, it is speculation and rumors, not intended to be insider information. Just some fun stuff to speculate about.
You are dismissed........................................
-
@shepwrite said:
Crennel has named Quinn the starter for 2009 because that's what the organization has said. Anderson will be traded.Yep Shep. The Browns would rather not live through another season of QB blah-blah-blah.
It just makes sense to give the reins to Quinn, trade DA, and work on the defense.
-
@shepwrite said:
Crennel has named Quinn the starter for 2009 because that's what the organization has said. Anderson will be traded.Yep Shep. The Browns would rather not live through another season of QB blah-blah-blah.
It just makes sense to give the reins to Quinn, trade DA, and work on the defense.
Yep Shep. The Browns would rather not live through another season of QB blah-blah-blah.
It just makes sense to give the reins to Quinn, trade DA, and work on the defense.
What does it matter what Crennel says about next year? He isn't going to be here. What matters is what the next coach thinks. He might not like either one.
-
@shepwrite said:
Crennel has named Quinn the starter for 2009 because that's what the organization has said. Anderson will be traded.Yep Shep. The Browns would rather not live through another season of QB blah-blah-blah.
It just makes sense to give the reins to Quinn, trade DA, and work on the defense.
It just makes sense to give the reins to Quinn, trade DA, and work on the defense.
Which is, by the way, what our bright front office should have done this year in the offseason...
-
It just makes sense to give the reins to Quinn, trade DA, and work on the defense.
Which is, by the way, what our bright front office should have done this year in the offseason...
Which is, by the way, what our bright front office should have done this year in the offseason...
Even though I put most of the blame on the coaches for this year. Savage left this team screwed when he didn't bring in help when Holly went down.
-
I think a new coach is going to want to keep Anderson.
I can't think of many coaches who would want to walk in to a job with a "starting" qb who has 2 starts under the belt and a cast on his hand.
Interesting stuff....we will see how it all works out.
-
Well, the average talent in Berea is not that bad.
I think a coach with good motivations could turn the Browns into a competitor in two years' time.
If only Jeff Fisher was available...!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login