Skip to content

Stallworth injured again

The Browns Board
12 10 1.6k
  • J JewDago wrote on last edited by
    #1

    rotoworld says stallworth re-aggravated his quad injury and may or may not be available this sunday. if he's not, why don't we move winslow to the WR2 spot? it'd be the best use of his talents and wouldn't tip off the defense to our play selection.

  • O osusev wrote on last edited by
    #2

    good god I hope this is not the case.

  • ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Yeah, rotoworld got it from the PD article, which also has some info on other injured players:

    Injury update: Safety Sean Jones emerged from the game with swelling on his scoped knee and will undergo further exams. Shaun Smith (hand) will see his New York hand specialist this week to see if he can play. Receiver Donte Stallworth aggravated his quad muscle but is expected to play. Guard Eric Steinbach strained a hip flexor and will probably rest a day or two this week. Fullback Lawrence Vickers left the game with an ankle injury but returned.
  • J JewDago wrote on last edited by
    #4

    good. i'm glad to know he'll likely play. the 2nd wideout's viability really makes our passing game work more than any other position.

  • W WPB Dawg Fan wrote on last edited by
    #5

    \ said:

    Yeah, rotoworld got it from the PD article, which also has some info on other injured players:
    Injury update: Safety Sean Jones emerged from the game with swelling on his scoped knee and will undergo further exams. Shaun Smith (hand) will see his New York hand specialist this week to see if he can play. Receiver Donte Stallworth aggravated his quad muscle but is expected to play. Guard Eric Steinbach strained a hip flexor and will probably rest a day or two this week. Fullback Lawrence Vickers left the game with an ankle injury but returned.

    Key to that is "expected to play" for Stallworth. I am more concerned with the Jones injury...as Adams is still dealing with a hammie and that may leave us with Nick Sorenson at safety. I would love to have S.Smith back in at DE...that would be a HUGE boost to our DL.

  • Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Louis Leonard has been playing really well. I am real intrigued to get Smith and Adams back playing the slot. Just imagine the level this defense can go with a deeper rotation and no Cousin playing slot. Jones has really helped in the running game.

  • ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #7

    \ said:

    I am more concerned with the Jones injury...as Adams is still dealing with a hammie and that may leave us with Nick Sorenson at safety.
    And I think Sorenson got hurt during the game on Sunday. He continued playing (on specials), but it'd be even worse to have him starting at safety if he's a little dinged up

    \ said:

    Louis Leonard has been playing really well.
    Yeah, Leonard's been pretty solid. I love when you can get guys for free off the waiver wire and turn them into good players.

    At 6'4", 325 lbs., Leonard definitely has the body type Romeo seems to like in his DE's (which raises the question: why did we draft Purcell & Pittman?).

    Hopefully, Leonard & Santonio Thomas can become solid, consistent contributors to our DL rotation. And if Ahtyba Rubin develops as well, we may end up having pretty solid DL depth.

  • PlaygroundLegendP PlaygroundLegend wrote on last edited by
    #8

    He's going to play, and hes going to be awesome. Ill say it and Ive said it before, Donte is a beast, just wait. He will break out

  • HowieDawgH HowieDawg wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I hope you are right playschool because he's certainly overdrawn in the bank of HowieDawg so far this season.

    I wish we had JJ back.

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
    #10

    \ said:

    He's going to play, and hes going to be awesome. Ill say it and Ive said it before, Donte is a beast, just wait. He will break out

    Stallworth is a frail but capable player but a beast?

    Rather donte stallsagain plays or not im for putting k2 in a recieving slot and keeping heiden in the game steve is prolly the most underestimated TE in the game and he can make things happen...

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #11

    I didn't follow up on this news that Stallworth is expected to play. I feel better now.

    I don't mind Winslow in the slot as a third receiver, but no way do I think he can handle the #2 spot without soimeone like Stallworth in there getting attention (Steptoe doesn't scare anyone).

    I'm going to come right out and state this; I think Sean Jones is grossly over-rated. I think little known Mike Adams has out played him or at least equalled him in that role and I'm eager to see more from Adams (when/if healthy). Iit is good to have two strong safeties though, as they take a beating in run support.

  • S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    There wasn't a peep about any aggravation....any new news on DS