2009 schedule
-
2 x Baltimore Ravens
2 x Cincinnati Bengals
2 x Pittsburgh Steelers
Oakland Raiders
Denver Broncos
San Diego Chargers
Kansas City Chiefs
Green Bay Packers
Chicago Bears
Minnesota Vikings
Detroit Lions
AFC South (Jags or Texans)
AFC East (Miami or Buffalo)
No Colts, no Titans, no Cowboys, no Eagles.
As we stand here today, it looks more friendly than '08.
-
I'd like to see the Browns against the Lions on Turkey day next year.
-
Looks MUCH better on paper than this years sched did.
Just a bit of trivia, next year will be the Vikings first regular season visit to the Lakefront since December of 1989. 20 Years! They will be the last of the other 31 teams to visit CBS.
I was AT that game in '89. Van Waiters caught the winning TD in OT from Mike Pagel on a fake field goal. To this day that day was the coldest I've ever been in my life.
Doug
-
SO ITS SAFE TO ASSUME WE WILL HAVE ANOTHER YEAR LIKE 07 TO GIVE US FALSE HOPE FOR 2010.
-
Predicting the NFL year-to-year is nearly impossible. I don't think that schedule is any better than this year.
Oakland will be adding another top 10 talent and eventually they may put it together and if it's next year, that offense will be sick. KC seems to have found a QB and they will address their offensive line and D again. They will be a much different squad than this year. Denver is always going to be dangerous and San Diego the same.
The NFC North is not as bad as advertised, except for Detroit, and if the Vikings get a QB, they will only improve. (How funny would it be if we traded DA to Minny and he comes back here next year as the starter and we SMOKE them because we know how to play DA?)
Realistically, every one of those teams is looking at their schedule and saying "Sweet, Cleveland, that's a W."
Last year was a mirage, fellas. We are still hardcore rebuilding.
-
A road trip to Chicago sounds nice, I bet tickets are hard to find there though.
I was at that '89 Minnesota game, that was a great finish to the game. Kind of sad that it's been 20 years since our last run of success (1985-89).
I've got a feeling we'll only play one Primetime game next year, probably our annual mugging in Heinz Field on a Sunday or Thursday night.

-
A road trip to Chicago sounds nice, I bet tickets are hard to find there though.
I was at that '89 Minnesota game, that was a great finish to the game. Kind of sad that it's been 20 years since our last run of success (1985-89).
I've got a feeling we'll only play one Primetime game next year, probably our annual mugging in Heinz Field on a Sunday or Thursday night.

A road trip to Chicago sounds nice, I bet tickets are hard to find there though.
I was at that '89 Minnesota game, that was a great finish to the game. Kind of sad that it's been 20 years since our last run of success (1985-89).
I've got a feeling we'll only play one Primetime game next year, probably our annual mugging in Heinz Field on a Sunday or Thursday night.

I hope we don't have any prime time games.
-
A road trip to Chicago sounds nice, I bet tickets are hard to find there though.
I was at that '89 Minnesota game, that was a great finish to the game. Kind of sad that it's been 20 years since our last run of success (1985-89).
I've got a feeling we'll only play one Primetime game next year, probably our annual mugging in Heinz Field on a Sunday or Thursday night.

I hope we don't have any prime time games.
-
A road trip to Chicago sounds nice, I bet tickets are hard to find there though.
I was at that '89 Minnesota game, that was a great finish to the game. Kind of sad that it's been 20 years since our last run of success (1985-89).
I've got a feeling we'll only play one Primetime game next year, probably our annual mugging in Heinz Field on a Sunday or Thursday night.

I hope we don't have any prime time games.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
