Skip to content

Trade Brady Quinn

The Browns Board
81 37 5.5k
  • As pathetic as it sounds BQ is one of the reasons the fans actually had to be exctied this year. If they were to trade him off you can expect to have the stadium burned to the ground. Im not for or against BQ or DA. Im for a qb that can win games, period. I honestly feel that if the browns were for some reason to trade him off they would lose a ton of support from the fans. Keep BQ trade off DA, we have seen what DA can do and im not impressed. At least give the kid a shot to prove to us either way.

  • Next, Stan will want to trade Joe Thomas and Steinbach to have the money to sign a big name FA qb, so he

    can get his career ended.

    NO. Keep Quinn, dump DA for a 3rd rounder? (if anybody would...), and draft a big powerful OG.

    Trade Braylon for a second rounder. I think we need two drafted players in the second round, Tons

    of value there. One of those should be an OT.

    Trade Quinn. "AAAAARRRRRRRHHHHHGGGGGGP$&%^*&^*&$$"

  • @atenears said:

    For the record, I never said anything about keep DA, nor keeping DA with his current signing bonus intact.

    In fact, re-reading my opening post, I even stated, "When we start cleaning those two (Crennel & DA) out ..."

    So, pumpkin and all you other freaking idiots that can't move past the BQ/DA feud, take a break for awhile and unbunch those panties.

    @atenears said:

    In fact, re-reading my opening post, I even stated, "When we start cleaning those two (Crennel & DA) out ..."

    So, pumpkin and all you other freaking idiots that can't move past the BQ/DA feud, take a break for awhile and unbunch those panties.

    re-read some more, you aren't the only one commenting on trading Brady Quinn. Another poster commented that BQ should be traded and DA should be kept.

  • As pathetic as it sounds BQ is one of the reasons the fans actually had to be exctied this year. If they were to trade him off you can expect to have the stadium burned to the ground. Im not for or against BQ or DA. Im for a qb that can win games, period. I honestly feel that if the browns were for some reason to trade him off they would lose a ton of support from the fans. Keep BQ trade off DA, we have seen what DA can do and im not impressed. At least give the kid a shot to prove to us either way.

    @razor1414 said:

    As pathetic as it sounds BQ is one of the reasons the fans actually had to be exctied this year. If they were to trade him off you can expect to have the stadium burned to the ground.

    Exactly. Quinn has the franchise by the throat.

    As you can already see, the fans are burning down everything around Quinn so that they can claim he is great and that it is everybody else's fault.

    If he does not ascend to be a Peyton Manning-quality QB immediately he will bury the franchise. And Cleveland will only be able to say that it is their own fault.

  • @razor1414 said:

    As pathetic as it sounds BQ is one of the reasons the fans actually had to be exctied this year. If they were to trade him off you can expect to have the stadium burned to the ground.

    Exactly. Quinn has the franchise by the throat.

    As you can already see, the fans are burning down everything around Quinn so that they can claim he is great and that it is everybody else's fault.

    If he does not ascend to be a Peyton Manning-quality QB immediately he will bury the franchise. And Cleveland will only be able to say that it is their own fault.

    @lumbergh said:

    If he does not ascend to be a Peyton Manning-quality QB immediately he will bury the franchise. And Cleveland will only be able to say that it is their own fault.

    There's not much fault in giving a #1 draft pick a chance. Training camp and some of the season. Same chance DA had.

  • Next, Stan will want to trade Joe Thomas and Steinbach to have the money to sign a big name FA qb, so he

    can get his career ended.

    NO. Keep Quinn, dump DA for a 3rd rounder? (if anybody would...), and draft a big powerful OG.

    Trade Braylon for a second rounder. I think we need two drafted players in the second round, Tons

    of value there. One of those should be an OT.

    Trade Quinn. "AAAAARRRRRRRHHHHHGGGGGGP$&%^*&^*&$$"

    @calfoxwc said:

    Next, Stan will want to trade Joe Thomas and Steinbach to have the money to sign a big name FA qb, so he

    can get his career ended.

    You all are a waste of time to debate with on a message board. I already stated in my opening post to keep the O-line in tact, why would you even waste time alluding to what I'm going to say next when I've already stated differently?

    www.DawgBones.com <--- Great Browns Message Board, much better than this place. Hurry register TODAY!

  • @razor1414 said:

    As pathetic as it sounds BQ is one of the reasons the fans actually had to be exctied this year. If they were to trade him off you can expect to have the stadium burned to the ground.

    Exactly. Quinn has the franchise by the throat.

    As you can already see, the fans are burning down everything around Quinn so that they can claim he is great and that it is everybody else's fault.

    If he does not ascend to be a Peyton Manning-quality QB immediately he will bury the franchise. And Cleveland will only be able to say that it is their own fault.

    @lumbergh said:

    Exactly. Quinn has the franchise by the throat.

    As you can already see, the fans are burning down everything around Quinn so that they can claim he is great and that it is everybody else's fault.

    If he does not ascend to be a Peyton Manning-quality QB immediately he will bury the franchise. And Cleveland will only be able to say that it is their own fault.

    wow i agree completely with you Lum

  • After this disaster of a season I say that all options should be on the table. If we're talking about a trade I'd have to think that Quinn would command more value than Anderson. And if this trade is going to be made I don't want Savage's fingerprints on it. I'd rather he be gone. I don't want RAC here either.

  • @razor1414 said:

    As pathetic as it sounds BQ is one of the reasons the fans actually had to be exctied this year. If they were to trade him off you can expect to have the stadium burned to the ground.

    Exactly. Quinn has the franchise by the throat.

    As you can already see, the fans are burning down everything around Quinn so that they can claim he is great and that it is everybody else's fault.

    If he does not ascend to be a Peyton Manning-quality QB immediately he will bury the franchise. And Cleveland will only be able to say that it is their own fault.

    @lumbergh said:

    As you can already see, the fans are burning down everything around Quinn so that they can claim he is great and that it is everybody else's fault.

    You're actually serious? Did you read what the DA-fag threadstarter said? He's trying to unload the WHOLE FREAKING TEAM and KEEP the Retard QB who single-handedly has lost us at least 3 games this year.

    ATE/Lum have contributed WAY more bashing of Edwards, Winslow, the defense, playcalling, Lewis, and everything else they can get think of outside of the QB than the whole rest of the board combined. You two are the absoulte masters of deflecting blame, just like your boy DA does in interviews. BQ, just like his supporters, accept the blame on their shoulders. Thats' what a leader does.

    I have heard not one positive thing about any part of this team, not one postive thing, from you two when DA is the starter. It's all negative. When he isn't, and the defense gives up 500 yards, you don't mention a word about it.

  • After this disaster of a season I say that all options should be on the table. If we're talking about a trade I'd have to think that Quinn would command more value than Anderson. And if this trade is going to be made I don't want Savage's fingerprints on it. I'd rather he be gone. I don't want RAC here either.

    @mrfreeze said:

    After this disaster of a season I say that all options should be on the table. If we're talking about a trade I'd have to think that Quinn would command more value than Anderson. And if this trade is going to be made I don't want Savage's fingerprints on it. I'd rather he be gone. I don't want RAC here either.

    of course quinn has more value than DA are you saying we should trade anyone with any value in order to be a better team? what sense does this make?

  • @mrfreeze said:

    After this disaster of a season I say that all options should be on the table. If we're talking about a trade I'd have to think that Quinn would command more value than Anderson. And if this trade is going to be made I don't want Savage's fingerprints on it. I'd rather he be gone. I don't want RAC here either.

    of course quinn has more value than DA are you saying we should trade anyone with any value in order to be a better team? what sense does this make?

    @razor1414 said:

    of course quinn has more value than DA are you saying we should trade anyone with any value in order to be a better team? what sense does this make?

    You have to trade value in order to get value.

    If the Browns as an organization truly valued Quinn they would have been starting him at the start of the season. Right now the man is a question mark. There might be another team out there who thinks more of him than Cleveland does and maybe they are willing to pay for it.

    If we are going to be the next Miami or Atlanta of the league and turn ourselves around I'm saying we should consider all options.

  • yeah keep Anderson. What a great idea. Pay a crappy backup QB the kind of money good starters get. Brilliant!

    Oh and trade Quinn (judging him after three starts, two and a half games with a broken finger) but keep BE? is this even worth replying to?

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    yeah keep Anderson. What a great idea. Pay a crappy backup QB the kind of money good starters get. Brilliant!

    Oh and trade Quinn (judging him after three starts, two and a half games with a broken finger) but keep BE? is this even worth replying to?

    Hardly, this guy's turning into more of a moron with each post. The sad thing is it's his board, and this post will probably be deleted.

  • Dorsey for starter in 2009 🙂 Cribbs will become the GM and we will get my nephew to coach the team.

    Look really guys we have been doing this argument for like 2-3 years now. lol. I have been on the fence most of the way. I am really just looking at the thing we need is a good coach and time for him to put in a system. Just so you know good chance if we get a new coach I think you will see a lot of trades and personel changes. So everyone may see their guy kicked off the team.

  • I'm so tired of the "it takes a few years for a coach to implement his system and offense".

    Bullshit. It takes 1 freaking year or LESS to make a dramatic impact. It's happening all across the NFL.

    If the coach blows by midway through the second year you start over. Lerner is a fuking idiot for allowing this regime to go on for 4 years like this.

  • @shepwrite said:

    I nominate this for Worst Thread of the Year.

    Without a doubt.

    I hate to say it but only an imbecile would trade Harrison and Quinn right now.

  • @pumpkin-eater said:

    yeah keep Anderson. What a great idea. Pay a crappy backup QB the kind of money good starters get. Brilliant!

    Oh and trade Quinn (judging him after three starts, two and a half games with a broken finger) but keep BE? is this even worth replying to?

    Hardly, this guy's turning into more of a moron with each post. The sad thing is it's his board, and this post will probably be deleted.

    @pl4tinum said:

    Hardly, this guy's turning into more of a moron with each post. The sad thing is it's his board, and this post will probably be deleted.

    Let me ask you something;

    Did you want us to draft Brady Quinn with the high first round pick (3rd overall?) we used to select Joe Thomas?

    I'm going to assume that you didn't as most didn't want him that high. And so we don't get too off track here in the following replies, I'm going to state that most everyone thought drafting Brady Quinn later in the round (22nd?) WAS a good move.

    So, why would investigating a possible scenario in using Quinn as Trade to get back up high in the draft be moronic?

  • I dont know if I want the Browns to build around Quinn. How about building a great football team all around? If Quinn turns out to be a great QB that will make it even better. If he sucks, we can get someone else to do the job and still win.

  • @shepwrite said:

    He's certainly better than Brees was at 24, right?

    Not in my book ... back in 1998, people use to pin up shit like "Worst Post of the Year" when I posted about how Drew Brees would be a better QB than Tim Couch. (Brees just a Junior in college at the time).

    I was often called a moron for my Tim Couch bashings though, so what did I know? I had a following like Lum ... and laughed when Browns fans forced management to play Timmy early and still laugh that these same fans blame management for listening to them.

  • @pl4tinum said:

    Hardly, this guy's turning into more of a moron with each post. The sad thing is it's his board, and this post will probably be deleted.

    Let me ask you something;

    Did you want us to draft Brady Quinn with the high first round pick (3rd overall?) we used to select Joe Thomas?

    I'm going to assume that you didn't as most didn't want him that high. And so we don't get too off track here in the following replies, I'm going to state that most everyone thought drafting Brady Quinn later in the round (22nd?) WAS a good move.

    So, why would investigating a possible scenario in using Quinn as Trade to get back up high in the draft be moronic?

    @atenears said:

    So, why would investigating a possible scenario in using Quinn as Trade to get back up high in the draft be moronic?

    1. Because using a 6th rounder to get something higher than a 6th rounder would be a better ROI (since you can't theoretically get a better/higher pick than #1, rd 1 - but if you could, I'd be interested in hearing how). What good is wasting 2 years on a rd 1 pick to go get another equally untested rd 1 pic to waste another 2 years with and then "trade back into round 1" ??? That's called Al Davis 101.

    2. Because we don't need a trade to "move back up in the draft." 16 games of pure shit QB'ing with a single epic Giants Monday Nighter got us right back to familiar draft country: right behind Detriot, Oakland, and KC.

  • @shepwrite said:

    He's certainly better than Brees was at 24, right?

    shep step out of your BQ bubble for a moment. Quinn looked about as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick.

    The only thing Quinn has in common with those QBs you mention is being picked in the first round.

    And as Bill Parcells says, "potential is what you say about people who haven't done shit"