Skip to content

Trade Brady Quinn

The Browns Board
81 37 5.5k
  • I'm so tired of the "it takes a few years for a coach to implement his system and offense".

    Bullshit. It takes 1 freaking year or LESS to make a dramatic impact. It's happening all across the NFL.

    If the coach blows by midway through the second year you start over. Lerner is a fuking idiot for allowing this regime to go on for 4 years like this.

  • @shepwrite said:

    I nominate this for Worst Thread of the Year.

    Without a doubt.

    I hate to say it but only an imbecile would trade Harrison and Quinn right now.

  • @pumpkin-eater said:

    yeah keep Anderson. What a great idea. Pay a crappy backup QB the kind of money good starters get. Brilliant!

    Oh and trade Quinn (judging him after three starts, two and a half games with a broken finger) but keep BE? is this even worth replying to?

    Hardly, this guy's turning into more of a moron with each post. The sad thing is it's his board, and this post will probably be deleted.

    @pl4tinum said:

    Hardly, this guy's turning into more of a moron with each post. The sad thing is it's his board, and this post will probably be deleted.

    Let me ask you something;

    Did you want us to draft Brady Quinn with the high first round pick (3rd overall?) we used to select Joe Thomas?

    I'm going to assume that you didn't as most didn't want him that high. And so we don't get too off track here in the following replies, I'm going to state that most everyone thought drafting Brady Quinn later in the round (22nd?) WAS a good move.

    So, why would investigating a possible scenario in using Quinn as Trade to get back up high in the draft be moronic?

  • I dont know if I want the Browns to build around Quinn. How about building a great football team all around? If Quinn turns out to be a great QB that will make it even better. If he sucks, we can get someone else to do the job and still win.

  • @shepwrite said:

    He's certainly better than Brees was at 24, right?

    Not in my book ... back in 1998, people use to pin up shit like "Worst Post of the Year" when I posted about how Drew Brees would be a better QB than Tim Couch. (Brees just a Junior in college at the time).

    I was often called a moron for my Tim Couch bashings though, so what did I know? I had a following like Lum ... and laughed when Browns fans forced management to play Timmy early and still laugh that these same fans blame management for listening to them.

  • @pl4tinum said:

    Hardly, this guy's turning into more of a moron with each post. The sad thing is it's his board, and this post will probably be deleted.

    Let me ask you something;

    Did you want us to draft Brady Quinn with the high first round pick (3rd overall?) we used to select Joe Thomas?

    I'm going to assume that you didn't as most didn't want him that high. And so we don't get too off track here in the following replies, I'm going to state that most everyone thought drafting Brady Quinn later in the round (22nd?) WAS a good move.

    So, why would investigating a possible scenario in using Quinn as Trade to get back up high in the draft be moronic?

    @atenears said:

    So, why would investigating a possible scenario in using Quinn as Trade to get back up high in the draft be moronic?

    1. Because using a 6th rounder to get something higher than a 6th rounder would be a better ROI (since you can't theoretically get a better/higher pick than #1, rd 1 - but if you could, I'd be interested in hearing how). What good is wasting 2 years on a rd 1 pick to go get another equally untested rd 1 pic to waste another 2 years with and then "trade back into round 1" ??? That's called Al Davis 101.

    2. Because we don't need a trade to "move back up in the draft." 16 games of pure shit QB'ing with a single epic Giants Monday Nighter got us right back to familiar draft country: right behind Detriot, Oakland, and KC.

  • @shepwrite said:

    He's certainly better than Brees was at 24, right?

    shep step out of your BQ bubble for a moment. Quinn looked about as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick.

    The only thing Quinn has in common with those QBs you mention is being picked in the first round.

    And as Bill Parcells says, "potential is what you say about people who haven't done shit"

  • @pl4tinum said:

    Hardly, this guy's turning into more of a moron with each post. The sad thing is it's his board, and this post will probably be deleted.

    Let me ask you something;

    Did you want us to draft Brady Quinn with the high first round pick (3rd overall?) we used to select Joe Thomas?

    I'm going to assume that you didn't as most didn't want him that high. And so we don't get too off track here in the following replies, I'm going to state that most everyone thought drafting Brady Quinn later in the round (22nd?) WAS a good move.

    So, why would investigating a possible scenario in using Quinn as Trade to get back up high in the draft be moronic?

    @atenears said:

    Let me ask you something;

    Did you want us to draft Brady Quinn with the high first round pick (3rd overall?) we used to select Joe Thomas?

    I'm going to assume that you didn't as most didn't want him that high. And so we don't get too off track here in the following replies, I'm going to state that most everyone thought drafting Brady Quinn later in the round (22nd?) WAS a good move.

    So, why would investigating a possible scenario in using Quinn as Trade to get back up high in the draft be moronic?

    Let me give you an answer!

    No, I didn't want us to draft Brady Quinn at # 3, because we had a starting QB who, while threw some questionable balls in his first full season as starter, seemed like maybe he would improve during the off-season and be as good or better than he was last year. So, to answer you honestly, I didn't think there was any reason AT ALL for us to draft a quarterback in the first round last year. When he was available at number 10, I started thinking about the possibility of drafting him in case DA continued his late season streak of last year.

    Why do we have to use Quinn, the only current shred of hope this franchise has for aspiring to something greater than mediocrity, as trade bait when we have 52 other players we can do it with?

  • Hello Browns fans

    I want to start out my first post by saying I think the way DA plays is just pitiful and I don't want to spend another sunday watching him play but...

    As poor as our coaching staff is

    would it be possible that with real coaching he could have ben a decent QB?

    Jibz

  • @shepwrite said:

    He's certainly better than Brees was at 24, right?

    Not in my book ... back in 1998, people use to pin up shit like "Worst Post of the Year" when I posted about how Drew Brees would be a better QB than Tim Couch. (Brees just a Junior in college at the time).

    I was often called a moron for my Tim Couch bashings though, so what did I know? I had a following like Lum ... and laughed when Browns fans forced management to play Timmy early and still laugh that these same fans blame management for listening to them.

    @atenears said:

    Not in my book ... back in 1998, people use to pin up shit like "Worst Post of the Year" when I posted about how Drew Brees would be a better QB than Tim Couch. (Brees just a Junior in college at the time).

    I was often called a moron for my Tim Couch bashings though, so what did I know? I had a following like Lum ... and laughed when Browns fans forced management to play Timmy early and still laugh that these same fans blame management for listening to them.

    Anyone can say "So-and-so will be better than so-and-so" and be correct about it.

    Just so happens that Couch was a rookie on one of the worst teams in NFL history, and Brees has had the luxury of playing with some of the game's best players under great coaches.

    I'd say you got lucky on your prediction.

  • @shepwrite said:

    He's certainly better than Brees was at 24, right?

    shep step out of your BQ bubble for a moment. Quinn looked about as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick.

    The only thing Quinn has in common with those QBs you mention is being picked in the first round.

    And as Bill Parcells says, "potential is what you say about people who haven't done shit"

    @lumbergh said:

    shep step out of your BQ bubble for a moment. Quinn looked about as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick.

    The only thing Quinn has in common with those QBs you mention is being picked in the first round.

    And as Bill Parcells says, "potential is what you say about people who haven't done shit"

    You think Quinn was only as good as Fitzpatrick? I think you need to watch a few more Bengals games.

    Quinn hasn't had a chance to 'do shit' yet. When he has played 16 games in this league then you can start to talk about whether or not he hasn't done shit.

  • Hello Browns fans

    I want to start out my first post by saying I think the way DA plays is just pitiful and I don't want to spend another sunday watching him play but...

    As poor as our coaching staff is

    would it be possible that with real coaching he could have ben a decent QB?

    Jibz

    @jibz said:

    would it be possible that with real coaching he could have ben a decent QB?

    yeah maybe even a Pro Bowler.

  • @jibz said:

    would it be possible that with real coaching he could have ben a decent QB?

    yeah maybe even a Pro Bowler.

    @lumbergh said:

    yeah maybe even a Pro Bowler.

    Or at least a deserving one.

  • http://www.unc.edu/~mirabile/Wonderlic.htm

    Wonderlic Scores?

    Ken Dorsey 25

    Brady Quinn 29

    Derek Anderson 19

    For an Average Wonderlic Score, it is 24 😛

  • @atenears said:

    Let me ask you something;

    Did you want us to draft Brady Quinn with the high first round pick (3rd overall?) we used to select Joe Thomas?

    I'm going to assume that you didn't as most didn't want him that high. And so we don't get too off track here in the following replies, I'm going to state that most everyone thought drafting Brady Quinn later in the round (22nd?) WAS a good move.

    So, why would investigating a possible scenario in using Quinn as Trade to get back up high in the draft be moronic?

    Let me give you an answer!

    No, I didn't want us to draft Brady Quinn at # 3, because we had a starting QB who, while threw some questionable balls in his first full season as starter, seemed like maybe he would improve during the off-season and be as good or better than he was last year. So, to answer you honestly, I didn't think there was any reason AT ALL for us to draft a quarterback in the first round last year. When he was available at number 10, I started thinking about the possibility of drafting him in case DA continued his late season streak of last year.

    Why do we have to use Quinn, the only current shred of hope this franchise has for aspiring to something greater than mediocrity, as trade bait when we have 52 other players we can do it with?

    @pl4tinum said:

    Let me give you an answer!

    No, I didn't want us to draft Brady Quinn at # 3, because we had a starting QB who, while threw some questionable balls in his first full season as starter, seemed like maybe he would improve during the off-season and be as good or better than he was last year. So, to answer you honestly, I didn't think there was any reason AT ALL for us to draft a quarterback in the first round last year. When he was available at number 10, I started thinking about the possibility of drafting him in case DA continued his late season streak of last year.

    Why do we have to use Quinn, the only current shred of hope this franchise has for aspiring to something greater than mediocrity, as trade bait when we have 52 other players we can do it with?

    We didn't draft Quinn in the last draft, we drafted him two years ago with Charlie Frye at the helm, and passed on picking up Drew Brees because he might have had to sit out a year do to surgery on his shoulder and besides, we had Charlie Frye ... (stapling hand to desk for deserved pain)

  • @razor1414 said:

    As pathetic as it sounds BQ is one of the reasons the fans actually had to be exctied this year. If they were to trade him off you can expect to have the stadium burned to the ground.

    Exactly. Quinn has the franchise by the throat.

    As you can already see, the fans are burning down everything around Quinn so that they can claim he is great and that it is everybody else's fault.

    If he does not ascend to be a Peyton Manning-quality QB immediately he will bury the franchise. And Cleveland will only be able to say that it is their own fault.

    @lumbergh said:

    Exactly. Quinn has the franchise by the throat.

    As you can already see, the fans are burning down everything around Quinn so that they can claim he is great and that it is everybody else's fault.

    If he does not ascend to be a Peyton Manning-quality QB immediately he will bury the franchise. And Cleveland will only be able to say that it is their own fault.

    Why don't you watch it all fall down from FAR away! Noone cares what you think. Your vested interest is GONE and you are DISMISSED!

  • @jibz said:

    would it be possible that with real coaching he could have ben a decent QB?

    yeah maybe even a Pro Bowler.

    @lumbergh said:

    yeah maybe even a Pro Bowler.

    Like Rich Gannon, Michael Vick, Trent Green, Daunte Culpepper, KORDELL STEWART, Jeff Garcia (I believe you called Quinn the next Garcia), BRAD JOHNSON, Chris Chandeler, and TRENT DILFER???

  • Here is a prediction,

    Dorsey wins against the Titans and passes for 300+ yards

    And we can throw him into the mix next week!

  • @shepwrite said:

    Of course Quinn is still about potential. He's had one healthy start in the NFL and had the best debut in Browns history with a passer rating over 100.

    I think he was the first to have a Subway commercial too, right?

    Damn, he is good. Who cares if we lost that game.

  • @shepwrite said:

    Of course Quinn is still about potential. He's had one healthy start in the NFL and had the best debut in Browns history with a passer rating over 100.

    I think he was the first to have a Subway commercial too, right?

    Damn, he is good. Who cares if we lost that game.

    @atenears said:

    I think he was the first to have a Subway commercial too, right?

    Damn, he is good. Who cares if we lost that game.

    So, with you, some guys get a chance, and some don't? Lumbergh makes better arguments for DA than you do.