Skip to content

Trade Brady Quinn

The Browns Board
81 37 5.5k
  • @shepwrite said:

    He's certainly better than Brees was at 24, right?

    Not in my book ... back in 1998, people use to pin up shit like "Worst Post of the Year" when I posted about how Drew Brees would be a better QB than Tim Couch. (Brees just a Junior in college at the time).

    I was often called a moron for my Tim Couch bashings though, so what did I know? I had a following like Lum ... and laughed when Browns fans forced management to play Timmy early and still laugh that these same fans blame management for listening to them.

    @atenears said:

    Not in my book ... back in 1998, people use to pin up shit like "Worst Post of the Year" when I posted about how Drew Brees would be a better QB than Tim Couch. (Brees just a Junior in college at the time).

    I was often called a moron for my Tim Couch bashings though, so what did I know? I had a following like Lum ... and laughed when Browns fans forced management to play Timmy early and still laugh that these same fans blame management for listening to them.

    Anyone can say "So-and-so will be better than so-and-so" and be correct about it.

    Just so happens that Couch was a rookie on one of the worst teams in NFL history, and Brees has had the luxury of playing with some of the game's best players under great coaches.

    I'd say you got lucky on your prediction.

  • @shepwrite said:

    He's certainly better than Brees was at 24, right?

    shep step out of your BQ bubble for a moment. Quinn looked about as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick.

    The only thing Quinn has in common with those QBs you mention is being picked in the first round.

    And as Bill Parcells says, "potential is what you say about people who haven't done shit"

    @lumbergh said:

    shep step out of your BQ bubble for a moment. Quinn looked about as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick.

    The only thing Quinn has in common with those QBs you mention is being picked in the first round.

    And as Bill Parcells says, "potential is what you say about people who haven't done shit"

    You think Quinn was only as good as Fitzpatrick? I think you need to watch a few more Bengals games.

    Quinn hasn't had a chance to 'do shit' yet. When he has played 16 games in this league then you can start to talk about whether or not he hasn't done shit.

  • Hello Browns fans

    I want to start out my first post by saying I think the way DA plays is just pitiful and I don't want to spend another sunday watching him play but...

    As poor as our coaching staff is

    would it be possible that with real coaching he could have ben a decent QB?

    Jibz

    @jibz said:

    would it be possible that with real coaching he could have ben a decent QB?

    yeah maybe even a Pro Bowler.

  • @jibz said:

    would it be possible that with real coaching he could have ben a decent QB?

    yeah maybe even a Pro Bowler.

    @lumbergh said:

    yeah maybe even a Pro Bowler.

    Or at least a deserving one.

  • http://www.unc.edu/~mirabile/Wonderlic.htm

    Wonderlic Scores?

    Ken Dorsey 25

    Brady Quinn 29

    Derek Anderson 19

    For an Average Wonderlic Score, it is 24 😛

  • @atenears said:

    Let me ask you something;

    Did you want us to draft Brady Quinn with the high first round pick (3rd overall?) we used to select Joe Thomas?

    I'm going to assume that you didn't as most didn't want him that high. And so we don't get too off track here in the following replies, I'm going to state that most everyone thought drafting Brady Quinn later in the round (22nd?) WAS a good move.

    So, why would investigating a possible scenario in using Quinn as Trade to get back up high in the draft be moronic?

    Let me give you an answer!

    No, I didn't want us to draft Brady Quinn at # 3, because we had a starting QB who, while threw some questionable balls in his first full season as starter, seemed like maybe he would improve during the off-season and be as good or better than he was last year. So, to answer you honestly, I didn't think there was any reason AT ALL for us to draft a quarterback in the first round last year. When he was available at number 10, I started thinking about the possibility of drafting him in case DA continued his late season streak of last year.

    Why do we have to use Quinn, the only current shred of hope this franchise has for aspiring to something greater than mediocrity, as trade bait when we have 52 other players we can do it with?

    @pl4tinum said:

    Let me give you an answer!

    No, I didn't want us to draft Brady Quinn at # 3, because we had a starting QB who, while threw some questionable balls in his first full season as starter, seemed like maybe he would improve during the off-season and be as good or better than he was last year. So, to answer you honestly, I didn't think there was any reason AT ALL for us to draft a quarterback in the first round last year. When he was available at number 10, I started thinking about the possibility of drafting him in case DA continued his late season streak of last year.

    Why do we have to use Quinn, the only current shred of hope this franchise has for aspiring to something greater than mediocrity, as trade bait when we have 52 other players we can do it with?

    We didn't draft Quinn in the last draft, we drafted him two years ago with Charlie Frye at the helm, and passed on picking up Drew Brees because he might have had to sit out a year do to surgery on his shoulder and besides, we had Charlie Frye ... (stapling hand to desk for deserved pain)

  • @razor1414 said:

    As pathetic as it sounds BQ is one of the reasons the fans actually had to be exctied this year. If they were to trade him off you can expect to have the stadium burned to the ground.

    Exactly. Quinn has the franchise by the throat.

    As you can already see, the fans are burning down everything around Quinn so that they can claim he is great and that it is everybody else's fault.

    If he does not ascend to be a Peyton Manning-quality QB immediately he will bury the franchise. And Cleveland will only be able to say that it is their own fault.

    @lumbergh said:

    Exactly. Quinn has the franchise by the throat.

    As you can already see, the fans are burning down everything around Quinn so that they can claim he is great and that it is everybody else's fault.

    If he does not ascend to be a Peyton Manning-quality QB immediately he will bury the franchise. And Cleveland will only be able to say that it is their own fault.

    Why don't you watch it all fall down from FAR away! Noone cares what you think. Your vested interest is GONE and you are DISMISSED!

  • @jibz said:

    would it be possible that with real coaching he could have ben a decent QB?

    yeah maybe even a Pro Bowler.

    @lumbergh said:

    yeah maybe even a Pro Bowler.

    Like Rich Gannon, Michael Vick, Trent Green, Daunte Culpepper, KORDELL STEWART, Jeff Garcia (I believe you called Quinn the next Garcia), BRAD JOHNSON, Chris Chandeler, and TRENT DILFER???

  • Here is a prediction,

    Dorsey wins against the Titans and passes for 300+ yards

    And we can throw him into the mix next week!

  • @shepwrite said:

    Of course Quinn is still about potential. He's had one healthy start in the NFL and had the best debut in Browns history with a passer rating over 100.

    I think he was the first to have a Subway commercial too, right?

    Damn, he is good. Who cares if we lost that game.

  • @shepwrite said:

    Of course Quinn is still about potential. He's had one healthy start in the NFL and had the best debut in Browns history with a passer rating over 100.

    I think he was the first to have a Subway commercial too, right?

    Damn, he is good. Who cares if we lost that game.

    @atenears said:

    I think he was the first to have a Subway commercial too, right?

    Damn, he is good. Who cares if we lost that game.

    So, with you, some guys get a chance, and some don't? Lumbergh makes better arguments for DA than you do.

  • This has to be the dumbest thread I have read on here. Give me a break.

  • @atenears said:

    I think he was the first to have a Subway commercial too, right?

    Damn, he is good. Who cares if we lost that game.

    So, with you, some guys get a chance, and some don't? Lumbergh makes better arguments for DA than you do.

    mz. said:

    So, with you, some guys get a chance, and some don't? Lumbergh makes better arguments for DA than you do.

    I agree, Lumbergh makes some damn god points.

  • mz. said:

    So, with you, some guys get a chance, and some don't? Lumbergh makes better arguments for DA than you do.

    I agree, Lumbergh makes some damn god points.

    @atenears said:

    I agree, Lumbergh makes some damn god points.

    Name one.

  • @pl4tinum said:

    Let me give you an answer!

    No, I didn't want us to draft Brady Quinn at # 3, because we had a starting QB who, while threw some questionable balls in his first full season as starter, seemed like maybe he would improve during the off-season and be as good or better than he was last year. So, to answer you honestly, I didn't think there was any reason AT ALL for us to draft a quarterback in the first round last year. When he was available at number 10, I started thinking about the possibility of drafting him in case DA continued his late season streak of last year.

    Why do we have to use Quinn, the only current shred of hope this franchise has for aspiring to something greater than mediocrity, as trade bait when we have 52 other players we can do it with?

    We didn't draft Quinn in the last draft, we drafted him two years ago with Charlie Frye at the helm, and passed on picking up Drew Brees because he might have had to sit out a year do to surgery on his shoulder and besides, we had Charlie Frye ... (stapling hand to desk for deserved pain)

    @atenears said:

    We didn't draft Quinn in the last draft, we drafted him two years ago with Charlie Frye at the helm, and passed on picking up Drew Brees because he might have had to sit out a year do to surgery on his shoulder and besides, we had Charlie Frye ... (stapling hand to desk for deserved pain)

    You're too nice, I woulda ripped me a new one for f--king the timeline up like that.

    Honestly tho, I was just thinking Adrian Peterson 2 years ago. Or Thomas, in a worst case scenario. I wanted the Browns to build the team up before throwing a rookie QB in the mix and destroying him like we did to Couch.

  • I think we will get rid of Quinn. He will never be the golden boy you all (BQ Fags) think he will be. Get a grip. DA is not real good either right now, but at least he didn't break his delicate finger in his third game. 🙄

  • I think we will get rid of Quinn. He will never be the golden boy you all (BQ Fags) think he will be. Get a grip. DA is not real good either right now, but at least he didn't break his delicate finger in his third game. 🙄

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I think we will get rid of Quinn. He will never be the golden boy you all (BQ Fags) think he will be. Get a grip. DA is not real good either right now, but at least he didn't break his delicate finger in his third game. 🙄

    you honestly cant think that breaking a finger is a reason for trading BQ. that has to be one of the dumbest post I have ever seen. you my freind are a moron.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I think we will get rid of Quinn. He will never be the golden boy you all (BQ Fags) think he will be. Get a grip. DA is not real good either right now, but at least he didn't break his delicate finger in his third game. 🙄

    you honestly cant think that breaking a finger is a reason for trading BQ. that has to be one of the dumbest post I have ever seen. you my freind are a moron.

    @razor1414 said:

    you honestly cant think that breaking a finger is a reason for trading BQ. that has to be one of the dumbest post I have ever seen. you my freind are a moron.

    I never said that "moron", you thought it. Reading comprehension not taught in Erie, PA?

  • @shepwrite said:

    There is precisely a zero percent chance that Brady Quinn won't be the starting quarterback of the Browns next season... unless his legs fall off, which is possible since we're talking about the Browns.

    I can see the haedlines now:

    "Browns qb gets surgery to repair tendon in finger at the Cleveland Clinic, gets double staph infection in both knees, loses leg and throwing arm."

  • Lets trade all and sundry and just get some replacements ... also, let us have another giant flattron installed in the stadium and improve the speakers.

    Then for every game we can parallely show a new movie in the flattron screen so that when the game starts to suck, we can watch the movie ... that way we can get our moneys worth 😛