Skip to content

Whats the story on Joey J

The Browns Board
10 8 1.3k
  • G Guy Fontenot wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Whats the story on JJ.... I have not heard much lately!

  • L lemosley01 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    \ said:

    Whats the story on JJ.... I have not heard much lately!

    I think he had a staph infection which set him back.

    (oh crap, I forgot about that text message they sent me sent by random, powertripping PR person).

    Ignore that. No one said anything about staph.

    Move along, nothing to see here.

  • G Guy Fontenot wrote on last edited by
    #3

    When is he comming back.... everyone in Berea has had staph!

  • R Roy.E.Munson wrote on last edited by
    #4

    So .... Does anyone know now?

  • S Sez.EJ wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Stick a fork in'em... he's done.. Come on guys.. your grasping at straws.. 5 surgeries..and he was not exactly lighting it up before the surgeries. Time to move on .....

  • ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Last I heard he was heading somewhere down South (Atlanta?) to have some specialty surgery, after many complications with staph. JJ vowed to do everything he could to fight his way back. He wanted to come back so that his daughters didn't think of him as a quitter, and retire on his own terms. He had a strong desire to still help his hometown team.

    I don't think we will know anything until Spring.

  • Mr. TM Mr. T wrote on last edited by
    #7

    The man has a hart of Gold! & wants to bring the browns back to the playoffs.

    I think he will suprise everyone.

  • Last I heard he was heading somewhere down South (Atlanta?) to have some specialty surgery, after many complications with staph. JJ vowed to do everything he could to fight his way back. He wanted to come back so that his daughters didn't think of him as a quitter, and retire on his own terms. He had a strong desire to still help his hometown team.

    I don't think we will know anything until Spring.

    GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @atenears said:

    Last I heard he was heading somewhere down South (Atlanta?) to have some specialty surgery, after many complications with staph. JJ vowed to do everything he could to fight his way back. He wanted to come back so that his daughters didn't think of him as a quitter, and retire on his own terms. He had a strong desire to still help his hometown team.

    I don't think we will know anything until Spring.

    I believe it would be hard for anyone to think of JJ as a quitter if he cant make it back its very concerning if he cant come back as we have no possession reciever stallworth is a piece of crap and sanders has blazing speed but no hands and steptoe lacks speed and hands...

  • R Roy.E.Munson wrote on last edited by
    #9

    We have Winslow... I would love to see him line up in the slot..... But i think i am just reiterating.

  • When is he comming back.... everyone in Berea has had staph!

    Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @guy-fontenot said:

    When is he comming back.... everyone in Berea has had staph!

    Time will tell. He had 3 additional surgeries. He is working out and plans to play this year. He was sorely missed last year as a possession receiver. It is going to be a long road back but he has vowed to play one more year for the Browns.

    For someone to say stick a fork in him really sucks and shows they haven't a clue. He spent some time at the Jump Stretch facility in Youngstown getting a workout routine to increase leg strength around the knee, vertical leap and range of motion. His knee is probably in better condition and healthier then Winslow's.