Skip to content

Quinn opts for Surgery

The Browns Board
14 11 1.1k
  • Hmm. Must be more here that we don't know as a great majority of these are treated conservatively and non-surgically.

    Either:

    1. Non-union healing is suspected

    2. Displacement has occurred

    3. He's being treated very aggressively due to his occupation.

    I hope the pin and incision doesn't significantly alter the dense nerve map and sensation at the tip of the finger. It shouldn't. I just wish it wasn't his spin finger.

    Any set back in the healing over the next 10 weeks could cause us to hold on to DA.

  • Doc, I suspect it's number 3.

  • If he gets a staph infection the Browns should seriously switch hospitals.

    @pl4tinum said:

    If he gets a staph infection the Browns should seriously switch hospitals.

    Pretty sure thats why hes going to alabama for the operation.

  • Hmm. Must be more here that we don't know as a great majority of these are treated conservatively and non-surgically.

    Either:

    1. Non-union healing is suspected

    2. Displacement has occurred

    3. He's being treated very aggressively due to his occupation.

    I hope the pin and incision doesn't significantly alter the dense nerve map and sensation at the tip of the finger. It shouldn't. I just wish it wasn't his spin finger.

    Any set back in the healing over the next 10 weeks could cause us to hold on to DA.

    @oconrecon said:

    Any set back in the healing over the next 10 weeks could cause us to hold on to DA.

    Wouldn't you shit if they were sending him to Oregon for the procedure?

  • At least he isn't having the operation done in Cleveland!! That would really worry me.

  • Doc, I suspect it's number 3.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Doc, I suspect it's number 3.

    Yep, I agree. If it were you or me, 2 sticks and some tape would do just fine.

  • He won't get an infection. He's getting treated by Dr. James Andrews, who is notoriously respected throughout the sports industry. He won't set foot in the Cleveland Clinic.

  • The best thing about this is he is getting it done out of state and not at the Cleveland Staph Infection Clinic!

  • The best thing about this is he is getting it done out of state and not at the Cleveland Staph Infection Clinic!

    Scott Player said:

    The best thing about this is he is getting it done out of state and not at the Cleveland Staph Infection Clinic!

    - Are you implying that by going out of state we can spread the staph infection to them too ? 🤔

  • @oconrecon said:

    Any set back in the healing over the next 10 weeks could cause us to hold on to DA.

    Wouldn't you shit if they were sending him to Oregon for the procedure?

    @atenears said:

    Wouldn't you shit if they were sending him to Oregon for the procedure?

    Yep!

    Andrews is tops in the field. He has a career of orthopedic innovation. It would be a total deviation from the norm if Quinn doesn't come back very smoothly.

    Without complication, I'd bet Quinn is back throwing again by the end of January or at least first part of February. The 10 week time frame seems ultra conservative to me.