Skip to content

Rashad Jennings

The Browns Board
48 11 3.5k
  • H Herman M wrote on last edited by
    #22

    We need a Wide Receiver not another RB!

    get rid of Stallworth he is a BUST!

  • PlaygroundLegendP PlaygroundLegend wrote on last edited by
    #23

    We need to post an official Draft Thread and have it stickeyed at the top

  • J JewDago wrote on last edited by
    #24

    i suggested that to WPBDawg yesterday in a PM. no response so far, tho.

  • i suggested that to WPBDawg yesterday in a PM. no response so far, tho.

    W WPB Dawg Fan wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @jewdago said:

    i suggested that to WPBDawg yesterday in a PM. no response so far, tho.

    It's up there now

  • J JewDago wrote on last edited by JewDago
    #26

    awesome, dude. thanks a ton.

    also, i stand corrected.

  • I've been enamored with

    and
    from Clemson for awhile now, but they aren't really "in-the-rough" as it were...

    Alo, if we're looking for a real "diamond-in-the-rough" kinda RB, look no further than Syracuse's own Curtis Brinkley.

    Brinkley became the second running back in school history to rush for 100 yards in five straight games, and the first one to do it in a single season. Joe Morris had a five-game stretch spanning two seasons in his career, but no Syracuse back — not Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, Floyd Little or Larry Csonka — ever had a streak like Brinkley's.

    And I'm pretty sure guys like Brown, Csonka, Davis, Little, Joe Morris, etc., played on much better teams. 🙂

    ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #27

    mz. said:

    Alo, if we're looking for a real "diamond-in-the-rough" kinda RB, look no further than Syracuse's own Curtis Brinkley.

    Just watched some of the Syracuse-USF game from earlier this year, and I was really impressed by Brinkley. He seems to have great vision & looked good as a receiving option out of the backfield.

    The major knocks against him seem to be size (5'9", 205 lbs.) and long speed (he may be a mid-4.5's guy).

    nfldraftscout projects that he won't be drafted. If that ends up being the case, I'd love for us to bring him in as a UDFA. In many ways, he's a similar type of player to Jerome Harrison (though Harrison's a little faster & Brinkley has a tougher running style).

  • ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #28

    At 5'9", 205 lbs. and in the 4.5's, there's no way he's getting drafted.

    Do you remember a fellow SU RB named James Mungro? He was roughly the same size as Brinkley, and was a pretty decent #3 RB (behind James/Rhodes) and short-yardage/goal line guy for the Colts for a couple of years, despite his size. They (Brinkley and Mungro) strike me as very similar backs.

  • ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Yeah, I like that comparison better than Harrison. The comparison I thought of making before Harrison was Tony Temple, but I didn't want to compare Brinkley to someone who couldn't make it onto an NFL roster.

    From the little that I've seen, Brinkley definitely seems like the kind of guy who could carve out a Mungro-like niche for himself in the NFL.

    If we sign LaRod Stephens-Howling or Brinkley after the draft, I'll be very pleased.

  • ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #30

    I'm with you...there is generally value to be had with these UDFA and late-round RB's. They can generally play the 3rd RB role very, very nicely.

    Thing is, we need a STUD as well, with Lewis being shot and Wright/Harrison (though I like Harrison as a complimentary/Sproles type) not fitting the profile.

  • PlaygroundLegendP PlaygroundLegend wrote on last edited by
    #31

    theres reports that Rashads styock is rising!

  • ? Aloysius wrote on last edited by
    #32
    Rashad Jennings

    Monday Practice Notes: Turned in a terrific performance. Had a burst, showed strength in his running and did well in blocking drills. Also made a tremendous catch in full scrimmage. Displayed a complete game and really stood out.

  • theres reports that Rashads styock is rising!

    hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @playgroundlegend said:

    theres reports that Rashads styock is rising!

    Yes, and Rey's is falling.

    Are you still for Rey?

  • PlaygroundLegendP PlaygroundLegend wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Yeah, Im still for Rey.....

    Rey and Rashad rounds 1 & 2!

    I think that this senior bowl week will hit him as a reality check and he will work his ass off for the combine and really shine.

    But this is about Rashad people, I posted this months ago and its coming to fruition!!! I really hope we draft him.

  • PlaygroundLegendP PlaygroundLegend wrote on last edited by
    #35

    Did anyone see Jennings came in second in the bench press for running backs. 29 reps!!

    Im excited for that 40.... I waiting for that 4.45! Its coming...

  • S Solon16 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Jennings made some money today...so did Andre Brown

  • PlaygroundLegendP PlaygroundLegend wrote on last edited by
    #37

    11.46 in the 60yd. Shuttle, currently in second place. Faster than Moreno I think this is our guy!

    Too bad he hasnt run the 40 yet.

    Did anyone see wells terrible 40?

  • J JewDago wrote on last edited by
    #38

    jennings posted a 4.64. not a breakaway speed back, and about the same time that shonn greene posted (4.63). but jennings' bench press was impressive. he's easily a top of the second back now, and i'd be glad to take him there.

  • PlaygroundLegendP PlaygroundLegend wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Thats sucks.... but remember... Boldin ran a 4.7, Jennings can run a 4.5... just had a bad time thats all... too bad he cant get a do over

  • Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Wells did not run well and he only did as many bench press reps as a much smaller Knowshon Moreno.

    Not good for Chris Wells. I think his 40 time was last among the RB's that ran today. His BP reps was close to the bottom.

    Curry didn't set the world on fire with his amount of reps either.

  • Y YtownBrownsBacker wrote on last edited by
    #41

    Somethimes you got to look past the numbers and remember what these guys actually did on the football field for a few years.

    There's somthing I notice that is football game speed. When the guy has the pads on and can burst through a hole, or run someone over or use his long arms to get off blocks and make tackles behind the line of scrimmage. I also see muscle bound guys that lose their quickness and speed guys that can't run routes or look great in shorts, but one the pads go on they don't like contact.

    I'm still looking for them to find a way to measure heart, passion (love of the game), desire to win and football smarts.