Rashad Jennings
-
I've been enamored with
and from Clemson for awhile now, but they aren't really "in-the-rough" as it were...Alo, if we're looking for a real "diamond-in-the-rough" kinda RB, look no further than Syracuse's own Curtis Brinkley.
Brinkley became the second running back in school history to rush for 100 yards in five straight games, and the first one to do it in a single season. Joe Morris had a five-game stretch spanning two seasons in his career, but no Syracuse back — not Jim Brown, Ernie Davis, Floyd Little or Larry Csonka — ever had a streak like Brinkley's.
And I'm pretty sure guys like Brown, Csonka, Davis, Little, Joe Morris, etc., played on much better teams.

mz. said:
Alo, if we're looking for a real "diamond-in-the-rough" kinda RB, look no further than Syracuse's own Curtis Brinkley.Just watched some of the Syracuse-USF game from earlier this year, and I was really impressed by Brinkley. He seems to have great vision & looked good as a receiving option out of the backfield.
The major knocks against him seem to be size (5'9", 205 lbs.) and long speed (he may be a mid-4.5's guy).
nfldraftscout projects that he won't be drafted. If that ends up being the case, I'd love for us to bring him in as a UDFA. In many ways, he's a similar type of player to Jerome Harrison (though Harrison's a little faster & Brinkley has a tougher running style).
-
At 5'9", 205 lbs. and in the 4.5's, there's no way he's getting drafted.
Do you remember a fellow SU RB named James Mungro? He was roughly the same size as Brinkley, and was a pretty decent #3 RB (behind James/Rhodes) and short-yardage/goal line guy for the Colts for a couple of years, despite his size. They (Brinkley and Mungro) strike me as very similar backs.
-
Yeah, I like that comparison better than Harrison. The comparison I thought of making before Harrison was Tony Temple, but I didn't want to compare Brinkley to someone who couldn't make it onto an NFL roster.
From the little that I've seen, Brinkley definitely seems like the kind of guy who could carve out a Mungro-like niche for himself in the NFL.
If we sign LaRod Stephens-Howling or Brinkley after the draft, I'll be very pleased.
-
I'm with you...there is generally value to be had with these UDFA and late-round RB's. They can generally play the 3rd RB role very, very nicely.
Thing is, we need a STUD as well, with Lewis being shot and Wright/Harrison (though I like Harrison as a complimentary/Sproles type) not fitting the profile.
-
theres reports that Rashads styock is rising!
-
Rashad Jennings
Monday Practice Notes: Turned in a terrific performance. Had a burst, showed strength in his running and did well in blocking drills. Also made a tremendous catch in full scrimmage. Displayed a complete game and really stood out.
-
theres reports that Rashads styock is rising!
theres reports that Rashads styock is rising!
Yes, and Rey's is falling.
Are you still for Rey?
-
Yeah, Im still for Rey.....
Rey and Rashad rounds 1 & 2!
I think that this senior bowl week will hit him as a reality check and he will work his ass off for the combine and really shine.
But this is about Rashad people, I posted this months ago and its coming to fruition!!! I really hope we draft him.
-
Did anyone see Jennings came in second in the bench press for running backs. 29 reps!!
Im excited for that 40.... I waiting for that 4.45! Its coming...
-
11.46 in the 60yd. Shuttle, currently in second place. Faster than Moreno I think this is our guy!
Too bad he hasnt run the 40 yet.
Did anyone see wells terrible 40?
-
Thats sucks.... but remember... Boldin ran a 4.7, Jennings can run a 4.5... just had a bad time thats all... too bad he cant get a do over
-
Wells did not run well and he only did as many bench press reps as a much smaller Knowshon Moreno.
Not good for Chris Wells. I think his 40 time was last among the RB's that ran today. His BP reps was close to the bottom.
Curry didn't set the world on fire with his amount of reps either.
-
Somethimes you got to look past the numbers and remember what these guys actually did on the football field for a few years.
There's somthing I notice that is football game speed. When the guy has the pads on and can burst through a hole, or run someone over or use his long arms to get off blocks and make tackles behind the line of scrimmage. I also see muscle bound guys that lose their quickness and speed guys that can't run routes or look great in shorts, but one the pads go on they don't like contact.
I'm still looking for them to find a way to measure heart, passion (love of the game), desire to win and football smarts.
-
-
Somethimes you got to look past the numbers and remember what these guys actually did on the football field for a few years.
There's somthing I notice that is football game speed. When the guy has the pads on and can burst through a hole, or run someone over or use his long arms to get off blocks and make tackles behind the line of scrimmage. I also see muscle bound guys that lose their quickness and speed guys that can't run routes or look great in shorts, but one the pads go on they don't like contact.
I'm still looking for them to find a way to measure heart, passion (love of the game), desire to win and football smarts.
Somethimes you got to look past the numbers and remember what these guys actually did on the football field for a few years.
There's somthing I notice that is football game speed. When the guy has the pads on and can burst through a hole, or run someone over or use his long arms to get off blocks and make tackles behind the line of scrimmage. I also see muscle bound guys that lose their quickness and speed guys that can't run routes or look great in shorts, but one the pads go on they don't like contact.
I'm still looking for them to find a way to measure heart, passion (love of the game), desire to win and football smarts.
You are absolutely right. I remember the knock on Speilman, and the reason he fell to the second round was his speed.
Heart may be more important in football than any other sport.
But the problem with Wells is the question of how much heart is there. The Scouts question it. That being the case I thought it was going to be very important for Wells to come out this week and knock their socks off with great numbers. He didn't. do it.
-
Liberty RB Rashad Jennings posted unofficial 4.49 and 4.62 forty-yard dash times at the NFL Combine Sunday
The second time wasn't quite as good. Still, Jennings has had an impressive offseason, showing outstanding strength and good speed at 6'1/234. He will likely be bumped up draft boards after his Senior Bowl and Combine.
Hopefully, he'll run somewhere in the 4.4's at his pro day.
-
Ahah! He did run a sub 4.5 time!!!!
He is a back that ran a
4.49 40yd dash
11.46 60yd shuttle
all while being 6'1 and weighing 235+lbs
oh, dont forget he put up 29 reps and showed off his great hands at the senior bowl.
He will be a star
Hopefully he will be our star.
-
Did I see right? Shonne Green ran a 4.65 ? Not to quibble on 40 times, but
Jennings is looking like a high second round pick to me.
Trade down, get extra picks, especially in the second round.
Cushing may be the first round, after trade down, lb.
He seems to have a Jack Lambert demeanor. I'd be happy with that pick.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login