Buckeyes Do get a BCS Game
-
I am pretty sure the info I got is good...the Bucks may head west, but the Sugar is the SEC's game...they have a bit of clout, and got strapped with a bad draw last year....it would be a bad match to have Utah heading south.
There are going to be lot's of Ohio tags driving down through Tennessee, Alabama, and Mississippi on their way to N.O. in late December.
-
It is going to be very difficult for OSU to beat either Florida or Saban's gathering of high school dropouts, they're the two hottest teams in the country.
BTW, how long is it going to take for Bama to get busted under Saban's watch? He's recruiting anybody that can play, the total opposite of Notre Dame.
I don't know...too bad...Alabama is a fine school
Here are some figures I found for top programs:
Football Graduation Rates: Selected Others
Notre Dame 96%
Nebraska 85%
Florida 80%
Virginia Tech 72%
Michigan 68%
Wisconsin 67%
Miami 67%
Ohio State 54%
Georgia Tech 53%
Florida St. 52%
Oklahoma 51%
LSU 51%
Tennessee 49%
Georgia 45%
Texas 40%
Alabama 39%
I am a bit surprised Michigan is that low....they are known for being a top school...and those figures are adjusted for players who leave early for the NFL...as they should be.
You can't hold grad rates against schools for players who leave early to make possibly millions of dollars.
I don't know...too bad...Alabama is a fine school
Here are some figures I found for top programs:
Football Graduation Rates: Selected Others
Notre Dame 96%
Nebraska 85%
Florida 80%
Virginia Tech 72%
Michigan 68%
Wisconsin 67%
Miami 67%
Ohio State 54%
Georgia Tech 53%
Florida St. 52%
Oklahoma 51%
LSU 51%
Tennessee 49%
Georgia 45%
Texas 40%
Alabama 39%
I am a bit surprised Michigan is that low....they are known for being a top school...and those figures are adjusted for players who leave early for the NFL...as they should be.
You can't hold grad rates against schools for players who leave early to make possibly millions of dollars.
60% Graduation Rate is what is needed or schools will start losing scholarships!
-
I played golf with Jeremy Foley 3-4 years back in a football booster golf outing.
Best AD in the country.
-
I played golf with Jeremy Foley 3-4 years back in a football booster golf outing.
Best AD in the country.
I played golf with Jeremy Foley 3-4 years back in a football booster golf outing.
Best AD in the country.
My uncle just got a couple beautiful lab pups and they got out. The Foley's found them hiding under their porch and got them their shots and everything then returned them after finding out who they belonged to.
They're high integrity folks.
-
If you want to show grad rates, why not show PSU's?
That said, something remarkable about PSU this season is the fact that every starter on offense is maintaining a 3.0 GPA. That in itself is remarkable.....
Couple that with the fact that they had FOUR first-team Academic All-Americans - no other school had more than one, and the only other "big name" players from well-known schools were Tim Tebow and Myron Rolle (the Rhodes Scholar).
Pretty impressive if you ask me - something Terrell Pryor or Maurice Clarett never have to or had to worry about.
-
If you want to show grad rates, why not show PSU's?
That said, something remarkable about PSU this season is the fact that every starter on offense is maintaining a 3.0 GPA. That in itself is remarkable.....
Couple that with the fact that they had FOUR first-team Academic All-Americans - no other school had more than one, and the only other "big name" players from well-known schools were Tim Tebow and Myron Rolle (the Rhodes Scholar).
Pretty impressive if you ask me - something Terrell Pryor or Maurice Clarett never have to or had to worry about.
If you want to show grad rates, why not show PSU's?
That said, something remarkable about PSU this season is the fact that every starter on offense is maintaining a 3.0 GPA. That in itself is remarkable.....
Couple that with the fact that they had FOUR first-team Academic All-Americans - no other school had more than one, and the only other "big name" players from well-known schools were Tim Tebow and Myron Rolle (the Rhodes Scholar).
Pretty impressive if you ask me - something Terrell Pryor or Maurice Clarett never have to or had to worry about.
Little bitter are we?
Yep, PSU sure has had a lot to brag about recently as far as behavior goes.
Don't feel bad, Michigan doesn't like Pryor either.
-
If you want to show grad rates, why not show PSU's?
Just a list I pulled and they weren't on it....feel free to post if you wish.
-
I am pretty sure the info I got is good...the Bucks may head west, but the Sugar is the SEC's game...they have a bit of clout, and got strapped with a bad draw last year....it would be a bad match to have Utah heading south.
There are going to be lot's of Ohio tags driving down through Tennessee, Alabama, and Mississippi on their way to N.O. in late December.
I am pretty sure the info I got is good...the Bucks may head west, but the Sugar is the SEC's game...they have a bit of clout, and got strapped with a bad draw last year....it would be a bad match to have Utah heading south.
There are going to be lot's of Ohio tags driving down through Tennessee, Alabama, and Mississippi on their way to N.O. in late December.
Isn't this what I posted a few weeks ago...saying that the Buckeyes could get a BCS bid because the have fans who travel well and in this economy that it's an attractive option to a bowl game?
Not saying that it's right or that OSU deserves a BCS bid...but it is a factor when considering who goes to what bowl game.
-
If you want to show grad rates, why not show PSU's?
That said, something remarkable about PSU this season is the fact that every starter on offense is maintaining a 3.0 GPA. That in itself is remarkable.....
Couple that with the fact that they had FOUR first-team Academic All-Americans - no other school had more than one, and the only other "big name" players from well-known schools were Tim Tebow and Myron Rolle (the Rhodes Scholar).
Pretty impressive if you ask me - something Terrell Pryor or Maurice Clarett never have to or had to worry about.
Little bitter are we?
Yep, PSU sure has had a lot to brag about recently as far as behavior goes.
Don't feel bad, Michigan doesn't like Pryor either.
Little bitter are we?
Yep, PSU sure has had a lot to brag about recently as far as behavior goes.
Don't feel bad, Michigan doesn't like Pryor either.
Bitter? At what? Last I checked Pryor is 0-1 vs PSU, at home, nonetheless. Secondly, I was not so sure I wanted the kid after reading all the garbage about him and his mouth. Surely alot of it was just people running their mouth, and then, football season began and I watched him game after game running his yapper at players on the other team. He would fit in ala Joey Porter or with the Steelers, like how they celebrate after four yard gains.
I sure as heck will not sit here and defend PSU's recent off-field troubles, but guess what? They are all GONE. But I thought this topic was about academics? I dont recall anyone bringing up behavior - just you.
We have Daryl Clark from OH and you have TP (and that doesnt stand for Terrell Pryor) from PA. I will take Clark over him any day.... class kid who does his job and has a great attitude. Last thing we needed was another problem child. Personally, I think Boeckman got the shaft... had you had him, OSU would have beat PSU. He shredded us the year before. Two bad games and Tressel throws him under the bus, unlike some other certain Ohio QB who gets 30 games to suck before being shown the pine.
Now, that's ok, you can keep him. And dont expect next year's results to be any different.
-
Pryor is just a young pup, he is getting on the job training. dont expect penn state will repeat what they did this year. the only reason Penn State won was because they pulled Clark! Like I said we shouldn't of hit the boy so hard! Clark was getting ready to hand us the game!
-
Little bitter are we?
Yep, PSU sure has had a lot to brag about recently as far as behavior goes.
Don't feel bad, Michigan doesn't like Pryor either.
Bitter? At what? Last I checked Pryor is 0-1 vs PSU, at home, nonetheless. Secondly, I was not so sure I wanted the kid after reading all the garbage about him and his mouth. Surely alot of it was just people running their mouth, and then, football season began and I watched him game after game running his yapper at players on the other team. He would fit in ala Joey Porter or with the Steelers, like how they celebrate after four yard gains.
I sure as heck will not sit here and defend PSU's recent off-field troubles, but guess what? They are all GONE. But I thought this topic was about academics? I dont recall anyone bringing up behavior - just you.
We have Daryl Clark from OH and you have TP (and that doesnt stand for Terrell Pryor) from PA. I will take Clark over him any day.... class kid who does his job and has a great attitude. Last thing we needed was another problem child. Personally, I think Boeckman got the shaft... had you had him, OSU would have beat PSU. He shredded us the year before. Two bad games and Tressel throws him under the bus, unlike some other certain Ohio QB who gets 30 games to suck before being shown the pine.
Now, that's ok, you can keep him. And dont expect next year's results to be any different.
Bitter? At what? Last I checked Pryor is 0-1 vs PSU, at home, nonetheless. Secondly, I was not so sure I wanted the kid after reading all the garbage about him and his mouth. Surely alot of it was just people running their mouth, and then, football season began and I watched him game after game running his yapper at players on the other team. He would fit in ala Joey Porter or with the Steelers, like how they celebrate after four yard gains.
I sure as heck will not sit here and defend PSU's recent off-field troubles, but guess what? They are all GONE. But I thought this topic was about academics? I dont recall anyone bringing up behavior - just you.
We have Daryl Clark from OH and you have TP (and that doesnt stand for Terrell Pryor) from PA. I will take Clark over him any day.... class kid who does his job and has a great attitude. Last thing we needed was another problem child. Personally, I think Boeckman got the shaft... had you had him, OSU would have beat PSU. He shredded us the year before. Two bad games and Tressel throws him under the bus, unlike some other certain Ohio QB who gets 30 games to suck before being shown the pine.
Now, that's ok, you can keep him. And dont expect next year's results to be any different.
Hey my man, have more than one decent year where you beat OSU because a frosh QB fumbled. My god, of all schools to be talking shit it ain't PSU. Your vitriol for Pryor is ridiculous, he has done nothing to warrant the questioning of his character or his academics. It's purely speculation on your part construed as fact.
What is up with some of you guys? I realize OSU is hated around the country, but we got Tennessee hillbillies on another thread talking shit and now this guy. Here's something, be able to back up your smack for more than one year.
Come back at me, I may just have to lay the wood. I'm feeling kind of frisky.
-
Bring the SEC on. It's time for the Bucks to send them packing.
-
Bring the SEC on. It's time for the Bucks to send them packing.
Bring the SEC on. It's time for the Bucks to send them packing.
It is. Sooner or later they have to win one.

-
Pryor is just a young pup, he is getting on the job training. dont expect penn state will repeat what they did this year. the only reason Penn State won was because they pulled Clark! Like I said we shouldn't of hit the boy so hard! Clark was getting ready to hand us the game!
Pryor is just a young pup, he is getting on the job training. dont expect penn state will repeat what they did this year. the only reason Penn State won was because they pulled Clark! Like I said we shouldn't of hit the boy so hard! Clark was getting ready to hand us the game!
Yeah, Devlin did a great job of handing off, huh?

-
Little bitter are we?
Yep, PSU sure has had a lot to brag about recently as far as behavior goes.
Don't feel bad, Michigan doesn't like Pryor either.
Bitter? At what? Last I checked Pryor is 0-1 vs PSU, at home, nonetheless. Secondly, I was not so sure I wanted the kid after reading all the garbage about him and his mouth. Surely alot of it was just people running their mouth, and then, football season began and I watched him game after game running his yapper at players on the other team. He would fit in ala Joey Porter or with the Steelers, like how they celebrate after four yard gains.
I sure as heck will not sit here and defend PSU's recent off-field troubles, but guess what? They are all GONE. But I thought this topic was about academics? I dont recall anyone bringing up behavior - just you.
We have Daryl Clark from OH and you have TP (and that doesnt stand for Terrell Pryor) from PA. I will take Clark over him any day.... class kid who does his job and has a great attitude. Last thing we needed was another problem child. Personally, I think Boeckman got the shaft... had you had him, OSU would have beat PSU. He shredded us the year before. Two bad games and Tressel throws him under the bus, unlike some other certain Ohio QB who gets 30 games to suck before being shown the pine.
Now, that's ok, you can keep him. And dont expect next year's results to be any different.
Bitter? At what? Last I checked Pryor is 0-1 vs PSU, at home, nonetheless. Secondly, I was not so sure I wanted the kid after reading all the garbage about him and his mouth. Surely alot of it was just people running their mouth, and then, football season began and I watched him game after game running his yapper at players on the other team. He would fit in ala Joey Porter or with the Steelers, like how they celebrate after four yard gains.
I sure as heck will not sit here and defend PSU's recent off-field troubles, but guess what? They are all GONE. But I thought this topic was about academics? I dont recall anyone bringing up behavior - just you.
We have Daryl Clark from OH and you have TP (and that doesnt stand for Terrell Pryor) from PA. I will take Clark over him any day.... class kid who does his job and has a great attitude. Last thing we needed was another problem child. Personally, I think Boeckman got the shaft... had you had him, OSU would have beat PSU. He shredded us the year before. Two bad games and Tressel throws him under the bus, unlike some other certain Ohio QB who gets 30 games to suck before being shown the pine.
Now, that's ok, you can keep him. And dont expect next year's results to be any different.
Sounds a lot like ZOMBO
-
PSU also grabbed Michael Zordich and Brandon Beachum of Youngstown Cardinal Mooney last season. Zordich went there because his father was a star at Penn State. Beachum is another story. The kid was tough as nails as a RB/LB as a four-year starter at Youngstown, but attended three area camps (at OSU, Michigan & PSU) and PSU was the only one of the three to offer him. He received other offers from some very big DI schools, but I found it interesting that he was in Michigan's and OSU's camp and had interest in going to those places but never got invited after working out for them.
-
PSU also grabbed Michael Zordich and Brandon Beachum of Youngstown Cardinal Mooney last season. Zordich went there because his father was a star at Penn State. Beachum is another story. The kid was tough as nails as a RB/LB as a four-year starter at Youngstown, but attended three area camps (at OSU, Michigan & PSU) and PSU was the only one of the three to offer him. He received other offers from some very big DI schools, but I found it interesting that he was in Michigan's and OSU's camp and had interest in going to those places but never got invited after working out for them.
PSU also grabbed Michael Zordich and Brandon Beachum of Youngstown Cardinal Mooney last season. Zordich went there because his father was a star at Penn State. Beachum is another story. The kid was tough as nails as a RB/LB as a four-year starter at Youngstown, but attended three area camps (at OSU, Michigan & PSU) and PSU was the only one of the three to offer him. He received other offers from some very big DI schools, but I found it interesting that he was in Michigan's and OSU's camp and had interest in going to those places but never got invited after working out for them.
Beachum is built like a tank. I actually had the opportunity to speak to him LAST year when he and DJ Woods were at PSU together for a visit. Nice kid and a nice family. He starts on special teams and actually got some carries this year as a running back - PSU went four deep this year with Royster, Green, Carter and Beachum - until Carter tore his ACL. Not saying this group is near the four-deep that USC sports, but, a good group nonetheless.
-
Ohio State to Play Texas in the Fiesta Bowl!!!
-
Im down here in Longhorn country, gonna have to have a few people over for the game. I sure hope I get to cheer on a winning team and not have to hear there crap.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login