Skip to content

Buckeyes Do get a BCS Game

The Browns Board
52 18 3.4k
  • @bigbrownsfan said:

    If you want to show grad rates, why not show PSU's?

    That said, something remarkable about PSU this season is the fact that every starter on offense is maintaining a 3.0 GPA. That in itself is remarkable.....

    Couple that with the fact that they had FOUR first-team Academic All-Americans - no other school had more than one, and the only other "big name" players from well-known schools were Tim Tebow and Myron Rolle (the Rhodes Scholar).

    Pretty impressive if you ask me - something Terrell Pryor or Maurice Clarett never have to or had to worry about.

    Little bitter are we?

    Yep, PSU sure has had a lot to brag about recently as far as behavior goes.

    Don't feel bad, Michigan doesn't like Pryor either.

    @riffer-x said:

    Little bitter are we?

    Yep, PSU sure has had a lot to brag about recently as far as behavior goes.

    Don't feel bad, Michigan doesn't like Pryor either.

    Bitter? At what? Last I checked Pryor is 0-1 vs PSU, at home, nonetheless. Secondly, I was not so sure I wanted the kid after reading all the garbage about him and his mouth. Surely alot of it was just people running their mouth, and then, football season began and I watched him game after game running his yapper at players on the other team. He would fit in ala Joey Porter or with the Steelers, like how they celebrate after four yard gains.

    I sure as heck will not sit here and defend PSU's recent off-field troubles, but guess what? They are all GONE. But I thought this topic was about academics? I dont recall anyone bringing up behavior - just you.

    We have Daryl Clark from OH and you have TP (and that doesnt stand for Terrell Pryor) from PA. I will take Clark over him any day.... class kid who does his job and has a great attitude. Last thing we needed was another problem child. Personally, I think Boeckman got the shaft... had you had him, OSU would have beat PSU. He shredded us the year before. Two bad games and Tressel throws him under the bus, unlike some other certain Ohio QB who gets 30 games to suck before being shown the pine.

    Now, that's ok, you can keep him. And dont expect next year's results to be any different.

  • Pryor is just a young pup, he is getting on the job training. dont expect penn state will repeat what they did this year. the only reason Penn State won was because they pulled Clark! Like I said we shouldn't of hit the boy so hard! Clark was getting ready to hand us the game!

  • @riffer-x said:

    Little bitter are we?

    Yep, PSU sure has had a lot to brag about recently as far as behavior goes.

    Don't feel bad, Michigan doesn't like Pryor either.

    Bitter? At what? Last I checked Pryor is 0-1 vs PSU, at home, nonetheless. Secondly, I was not so sure I wanted the kid after reading all the garbage about him and his mouth. Surely alot of it was just people running their mouth, and then, football season began and I watched him game after game running his yapper at players on the other team. He would fit in ala Joey Porter or with the Steelers, like how they celebrate after four yard gains.

    I sure as heck will not sit here and defend PSU's recent off-field troubles, but guess what? They are all GONE. But I thought this topic was about academics? I dont recall anyone bringing up behavior - just you.

    We have Daryl Clark from OH and you have TP (and that doesnt stand for Terrell Pryor) from PA. I will take Clark over him any day.... class kid who does his job and has a great attitude. Last thing we needed was another problem child. Personally, I think Boeckman got the shaft... had you had him, OSU would have beat PSU. He shredded us the year before. Two bad games and Tressel throws him under the bus, unlike some other certain Ohio QB who gets 30 games to suck before being shown the pine.

    Now, that's ok, you can keep him. And dont expect next year's results to be any different.

    @bigbrownsfan said:

    Bitter? At what? Last I checked Pryor is 0-1 vs PSU, at home, nonetheless. Secondly, I was not so sure I wanted the kid after reading all the garbage about him and his mouth. Surely alot of it was just people running their mouth, and then, football season began and I watched him game after game running his yapper at players on the other team. He would fit in ala Joey Porter or with the Steelers, like how they celebrate after four yard gains.

    I sure as heck will not sit here and defend PSU's recent off-field troubles, but guess what? They are all GONE. But I thought this topic was about academics? I dont recall anyone bringing up behavior - just you.

    We have Daryl Clark from OH and you have TP (and that doesnt stand for Terrell Pryor) from PA. I will take Clark over him any day.... class kid who does his job and has a great attitude. Last thing we needed was another problem child. Personally, I think Boeckman got the shaft... had you had him, OSU would have beat PSU. He shredded us the year before. Two bad games and Tressel throws him under the bus, unlike some other certain Ohio QB who gets 30 games to suck before being shown the pine.

    Now, that's ok, you can keep him. And dont expect next year's results to be any different.

    Hey my man, have more than one decent year where you beat OSU because a frosh QB fumbled. My god, of all schools to be talking shit it ain't PSU. Your vitriol for Pryor is ridiculous, he has done nothing to warrant the questioning of his character or his academics. It's purely speculation on your part construed as fact.

    What is up with some of you guys? I realize OSU is hated around the country, but we got Tennessee hillbillies on another thread talking shit and now this guy. Here's something, be able to back up your smack for more than one year.

    Come back at me, I may just have to lay the wood. I'm feeling kind of frisky.

  • Bring the SEC on. It's time for the Bucks to send them packing.

  • Bring the SEC on. It's time for the Bucks to send them packing.

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    Bring the SEC on. It's time for the Bucks to send them packing.

    It is. Sooner or later they have to win one. 😛

  • Pryor is just a young pup, he is getting on the job training. dont expect penn state will repeat what they did this year. the only reason Penn State won was because they pulled Clark! Like I said we shouldn't of hit the boy so hard! Clark was getting ready to hand us the game!

    @earle said:

    Pryor is just a young pup, he is getting on the job training. dont expect penn state will repeat what they did this year. the only reason Penn State won was because they pulled Clark! Like I said we shouldn't of hit the boy so hard! Clark was getting ready to hand us the game!

    Yeah, Devlin did a great job of handing off, huh? 😳

  • @riffer-x said:

    Little bitter are we?

    Yep, PSU sure has had a lot to brag about recently as far as behavior goes.

    Don't feel bad, Michigan doesn't like Pryor either.

    Bitter? At what? Last I checked Pryor is 0-1 vs PSU, at home, nonetheless. Secondly, I was not so sure I wanted the kid after reading all the garbage about him and his mouth. Surely alot of it was just people running their mouth, and then, football season began and I watched him game after game running his yapper at players on the other team. He would fit in ala Joey Porter or with the Steelers, like how they celebrate after four yard gains.

    I sure as heck will not sit here and defend PSU's recent off-field troubles, but guess what? They are all GONE. But I thought this topic was about academics? I dont recall anyone bringing up behavior - just you.

    We have Daryl Clark from OH and you have TP (and that doesnt stand for Terrell Pryor) from PA. I will take Clark over him any day.... class kid who does his job and has a great attitude. Last thing we needed was another problem child. Personally, I think Boeckman got the shaft... had you had him, OSU would have beat PSU. He shredded us the year before. Two bad games and Tressel throws him under the bus, unlike some other certain Ohio QB who gets 30 games to suck before being shown the pine.

    Now, that's ok, you can keep him. And dont expect next year's results to be any different.

    @bigbrownsfan said:

    Bitter? At what? Last I checked Pryor is 0-1 vs PSU, at home, nonetheless. Secondly, I was not so sure I wanted the kid after reading all the garbage about him and his mouth. Surely alot of it was just people running their mouth, and then, football season began and I watched him game after game running his yapper at players on the other team. He would fit in ala Joey Porter or with the Steelers, like how they celebrate after four yard gains.

    I sure as heck will not sit here and defend PSU's recent off-field troubles, but guess what? They are all GONE. But I thought this topic was about academics? I dont recall anyone bringing up behavior - just you.

    We have Daryl Clark from OH and you have TP (and that doesnt stand for Terrell Pryor) from PA. I will take Clark over him any day.... class kid who does his job and has a great attitude. Last thing we needed was another problem child. Personally, I think Boeckman got the shaft... had you had him, OSU would have beat PSU. He shredded us the year before. Two bad games and Tressel throws him under the bus, unlike some other certain Ohio QB who gets 30 games to suck before being shown the pine.

    Now, that's ok, you can keep him. And dont expect next year's results to be any different.

    Sounds a lot like ZOMBO

  • PSU also grabbed Michael Zordich and Brandon Beachum of Youngstown Cardinal Mooney last season. Zordich went there because his father was a star at Penn State. Beachum is another story. The kid was tough as nails as a RB/LB as a four-year starter at Youngstown, but attended three area camps (at OSU, Michigan & PSU) and PSU was the only one of the three to offer him. He received other offers from some very big DI schools, but I found it interesting that he was in Michigan's and OSU's camp and had interest in going to those places but never got invited after working out for them.

  • PSU also grabbed Michael Zordich and Brandon Beachum of Youngstown Cardinal Mooney last season. Zordich went there because his father was a star at Penn State. Beachum is another story. The kid was tough as nails as a RB/LB as a four-year starter at Youngstown, but attended three area camps (at OSU, Michigan & PSU) and PSU was the only one of the three to offer him. He received other offers from some very big DI schools, but I found it interesting that he was in Michigan's and OSU's camp and had interest in going to those places but never got invited after working out for them.

    @atenears said:

    PSU also grabbed Michael Zordich and Brandon Beachum of Youngstown Cardinal Mooney last season. Zordich went there because his father was a star at Penn State. Beachum is another story. The kid was tough as nails as a RB/LB as a four-year starter at Youngstown, but attended three area camps (at OSU, Michigan & PSU) and PSU was the only one of the three to offer him. He received other offers from some very big DI schools, but I found it interesting that he was in Michigan's and OSU's camp and had interest in going to those places but never got invited after working out for them.

    Beachum is built like a tank. I actually had the opportunity to speak to him LAST year when he and DJ Woods were at PSU together for a visit. Nice kid and a nice family. He starts on special teams and actually got some carries this year as a running back - PSU went four deep this year with Royster, Green, Carter and Beachum - until Carter tore his ACL. Not saying this group is near the four-deep that USC sports, but, a good group nonetheless.

  • Ohio State to Play Texas in the Fiesta Bowl!!!

  • The Buckeyes are 3-0 in the Fiesta under Tressel. Let's hope they make it 4-0. Should be a great game...it's a good match up.

  • Im down here in Longhorn country, gonna have to have a few people over for the game. I sure hope I get to cheer on a winning team and not have to hear there crap.

  • Woo Hoo! Buckeyes in my new neighborhood. If I can land a ticket....I'm there!

    Doug

  • A preview of what to watch is DE Brian Orakpo dueling against our Offensive Tackles

    And Texas has to watch out for this guy

    and dont forget this guy... James Laurinaitis Ohio State LB

  • A preview of what to watch is DE Brian Orakpo dueling against our Offensive Tackles

    And Texas has to watch out for this guy

    and dont forget this guy... James Laurinaitis Ohio State LB

    @earle said:

    and dont forget this guy... James Laurinaitis Ohio State LB

    How could you forget about him? He was better as a soph than his jr and sr years, and, well, he is the only person beside Ray Lewis to get credit for 1.76 tackles when he touches a guy after he is down, and he gets 3.12 tackles for every tackle he actually makes.

  • Orakpo will be in our backfield all day. our RT Sucks!

  • I hope we can repeat this performance.

  • Cannot wait to bet on Texas. Opened at UT -8, now up to -10. Better get my bet in before it gets up to 20...not that it'll matter.

    UT 37

    OSU 13

    Tell 'em, LenDale.

  • The Buckeyes have more than just Orakpo to worry about. Sergio Kindle's also a pretty good player:

    He reminds me a lot of Julian Peterson. If he declares for the draft, he should be selected in the late Round 1/early Round 2 area.

  • well Tressel will have to keep an extra TE in there to help Block the outside. Which was a mistake when they played FLorida we didnt have a TE on that stupid run and shoot spread offense.

    I hate the spread it only works against slower defenses.