Skip to content

Housh

The Browns Board
11 8 991
  • Clayton doesnt think Cinci re-signs him. Who does?

  • Clayton doesnt think Cinci re-signs him. Who does?

    @we-need-tom-tupa said:

    Clayton doesnt think Cinci re-signs him. Who does?

    I don't buy it. They are going to dump Chad Johnson....there is NO WAY they don't keep TJ. If they did, Palmer would scream his way out of town!!!

  • Miami would make a lot of sense.

    They need a #1 receiver to pair with Ginn & Bess. And Houshmandzadeh's from Cali, so I'm sure he'd appreciate the weather.

  • I second that they keep Housh, dump johnson, and I hope that we get Chad

  • I'd rather have Housh, he's not a loudmouth "Me first" guy. I'd assume he'll go somewhere where they'll break the bank, but isn't he getting on in years by now?

  • I'd rather have Housh, he's not a loudmouth "Me first" guy. I'd assume he'll go somewhere where they'll break the bank, but isn't he getting on in years by now?

    @samoth said:

    I'd rather have Housh, he's not a loudmouth "Me first" guy. I'd assume he'll go somewhere where they'll break the bank, but isn't he getting on in years by now?

    He's still a top 3 receiver in the NFL so I dont think his age is affecting him much.

  • @samoth said:

    I'd rather have Housh, he's not a loudmouth "Me first" guy. I'd assume he'll go somewhere where they'll break the bank, but isn't he getting on in years by now?

    He's still a top 3 receiver in the NFL so I dont think his age is affecting him much.

    AdaM said:

    He's still a top 3 receiver in the NFL.

    Top 3???? Nothing against him, but here's a list of WRs I prefer to TJ:

    Randy Moss

    TO

    Andre Johnson

    Marques Colston

    Anquan Boldin

    Larry Fitzgerald

    Greg Jennings

    Calvin Johnson

    Roddy White

    Steve Smith

    Reggie Wayne

    Brandon Marshall

    Braylon Edwards (!)

    Wes Welker

  • He's still a top 3 receiver in the NFL so I dont think his age is affecting him much.

    Way too high.

    He's a very good possession type receiver, but top 3 in the NFL? Not even close.

    I also think he's been as effective as he's been due to the presence of Ocho.

  • @shepwrite said:

    Anquan Boldin would be the brass ring, though.

    More like wet dream. 🤔

    If I were a Cards fan and the team let Boldin go, I wouldn't know what to do with myself.

  • @shepwrite said:

    Housh would make WAY more sense than Stallworth, given that Edwards is more of a field stretcher than a, uhm, dependable pass catcher. I was all wet on Stallworth.

    Anquan Boldin would be the brass ring, though.

    Hey Shep, good on ya for admitting you missed out on Stallworth because so did I. A bunch of guys told me it was a terrible signing and I defended it religiously even though I never like Stallworth before.

    We need someone who can catch the ball and get open. Housh is more than just a possession receiver, that guy can play. He looked like the best WR in the Pro Bowl last year and I'd love to have him. It looks like we'll bring Edwards back because he can't possibly ask for an extension, but Housh is going to come at a high cost. If it's not too much I say go for it, but I doubt we can.

  • I love HooshiMooshie. He's got guts, catches the damn ball, runs routes, and is a guy you don't have to worry about causing problems.

    Basically he is the Anti-Braylon. Cincy shouldn't let him go, but, then again, it is Cincy.

    If we could get him, good pickup. Of course, if Boldin were to become available.

    Maybe we can dupe Detroit out of Calvin Johnson. He'll be 3 years in the league next year, about the time that receivers really 'get it'.