Skip to content

Romeo & Auburn?

The Browns Board
8 6 1.3k
  • http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/in....xml&coll=2

    I honestly can't stand his show, but I end up watching a bit of it from time to time when I get home. Sort of like driving by a car wreck and having to look.

    But Drennan was just talking to someone from an SEC paper/magazine and mentioned something about an article in the Birmingham paper. Well, thanks to google here it is.

    Kind of an odd situation, huh? Didn't think Tuberville deserved to get fired...

  • http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/in....xml&coll=2

    I honestly can't stand his show, but I end up watching a bit of it from time to time when I get home. Sort of like driving by a car wreck and having to look.

    But Drennan was just talking to someone from an SEC paper/magazine and mentioned something about an article in the Birmingham paper. Well, thanks to google here it is.

    Kind of an odd situation, huh? Didn't think Tuberville deserved to get fired...

    @spectrum said:

    http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/in....xml&coll=2

    I honestly can't stand his show, but I end up watching a bit of it from time to time when I get home. Sort of like driving by a car wreck and having to look.

    But Drennan was just talking to someone from an SEC paper/magazine and mentioned something about an article in the Birmingham paper. Well, thanks to google here it is.

    Kind of an odd situation, huh? Didn't think Tuberville deserved to get fired...

    Birmingham is solid Tide country in the state of Alabama....I can't help but think this is somewhat of a joke aimed at the Plainsmen...but who knows??

    I agree Tubberville was a good coach, but the SEC is taking things to the next level....Meyer, Miles, Spurrier, Petrino, Nutt, Saban, Richt.....shoot, Fulmer was a good coach too.

    It is a top coaches league...it's crazy good with coaching, and schools feel they have to keep up with the Jones'...and they do...Auburn is a school that doesn't take second fiddle lightly, especially in the football crazy state of Alabama. They are a national stage team.....somehow I don't see Romeo fitting in to that mix.

  • @spectrum said:

    http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/in....xml&coll=2

    I honestly can't stand his show, but I end up watching a bit of it from time to time when I get home. Sort of like driving by a car wreck and having to look.

    But Drennan was just talking to someone from an SEC paper/magazine and mentioned something about an article in the Birmingham paper. Well, thanks to google here it is.

    Kind of an odd situation, huh? Didn't think Tuberville deserved to get fired...

    Birmingham is solid Tide country in the state of Alabama....I can't help but think this is somewhat of a joke aimed at the Plainsmen...but who knows??

    I agree Tubberville was a good coach, but the SEC is taking things to the next level....Meyer, Miles, Spurrier, Petrino, Nutt, Saban, Richt.....shoot, Fulmer was a good coach too.

    It is a top coaches league...it's crazy good with coaching, and schools feel they have to keep up with the Jones'...and they do...Auburn is a school that doesn't take second fiddle lightly, especially in the football crazy state of Alabama. They are a national stage team.....somehow I don't see Romeo fitting in to that mix.

    @ballpeen said:

    Birmingham is solid Tide country in the state of Alabama....I can't help but think this is somewhat of a joke aimed at the Plainsmen...but who knows??

    I agree Tubberville was a good coach, but the SEC is taking things to the next level....Meyer, Miles, Spurrier, Petrino, Nutt, Saban, Richt.....shoot, Fulmer was a good coach too.

    It is a top coaches league...it's crazy good with coaching, and schools feel they have to keep up with the Jones'...and they do...Auburn is a school that doesn't take second fiddle lightly, especially in the football crazy state of Alabama. They are a national stage team.....somehow I don't see Romeo fitting in to that mix.

    I don't see it that way. The guy is one year removed from winning ten in the NFL, plus his resume is quite impressive and he has the one thing going for him (ironically) and that is he's black. The lack of minority coaches at DI schools is beyond alarming, and he would fit that criteria.

    The excuse not to hire him would be age. Also, I'm not sure they can wait that long to hire someone, it's going to kill recruiting.

    I don't know why the Browns don't just cut ties with RAC 'n ROLLS now so we can see some young talent get some PT.

  • That is like the last thing I'd ever think about reading. Who's coming to Cleveland George W. Bush?

  • I dont think Romeo will go to the college ranks unless they are offering big Money!

    I see Romeo in a more relaxed atmosphere like say a D coordinater in Miami.

    He wont have to tend to multiple tasks that way.

  • I can not imagine Romeo Crennel as a guy who inspires a prospective recruit to go to his school. I can't see him recruiting at all. And he hates letting younsters play, so that would kill his recruiting too.

  • I can not imagine Romeo Crennel as a guy who inspires a prospective recruit to go to his school. I can't see him recruiting at all. And he hates letting younsters play, so that would kill his recruiting too.

    @dtbh said:

    I can not imagine Romeo Crennel as a guy who inspires a prospective recruit to go to his school. I can't see him recruiting at all. And he hates letting younsters play, so that would kill his recruiting too.

    I was thinking the same thing. College kids need a little rah-rah...a motivational speaker. You look at nearly every big time college coach in the lat 50 years, and they were men who inspired you....either the good speakers such as Woody Hayes, to a guy like Bear Bryant who didn't have to say a word to command your attention.

    Romeo doesn't have either quality, so I don't think he would make it as a college coach.

  • @dtbh said:

    I can not imagine Romeo Crennel as a guy who inspires a prospective recruit to go to his school. I can't see him recruiting at all. And he hates letting younsters play, so that would kill his recruiting too.

    I was thinking the same thing. College kids need a little rah-rah...a motivational speaker. You look at nearly every big time college coach in the lat 50 years, and they were men who inspired you....either the good speakers such as Woody Hayes, to a guy like Bear Bryant who didn't have to say a word to command your attention.

    Romeo doesn't have either quality, so I don't think he would make it as a college coach.

    @ballpeen said:

    I was thinking the same thing. College kids need a little rah-rah...a motivational speaker. You look at nearly every big time college coach in the lat 50 years, and they were men who inspired you....either the good speakers such as Woody Hayes, to a guy like Bear Bryant who didn't have to say a word to command your attention.

    Romeo doesn't have either quality, so I don't think he would make it as a college coach.

    He wouldn't have anything in common with the young guys. plus when he would go out to recruit he would probably have them meet him at an all you can eat buffet.