Skip to content

Atogwe now an unrestricted free agent

The Browns Board
7 7 1.4k
  • M maddogg7888 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    LOOK HERE

    I kno that we drafted ward and asante, but I cant help but feel this would be an excellent pickup. I feel you can never have enough playmakers in the secondary and adding him would mean we went from:

    2009 secondary

    CB: Wright, Poteat, McDonald, Ivy

    S: Pool, Elam, Adams, Sorensen

    possible 2010 secondary

    CB: Wright, Brown, Haden, McDonald

    S: Atogwe, Ward, Elam, Asante

    I dont know about you but with the addition of atogwe, that 2010 secondary would look scary

  • GipsG Gips wrote on last edited by Gips
    #2

    At this point in our rebuilding and our unknown status I think atogwe is to expensiive for the browns to consider however if we had most of our parts in place and were looking to seriously contend we would be crazy to pass him up, i like him but he most likely wouldnt want to play in cleveland anyways..

  • mopajiM mopaji wrote on last edited by
    #3

    The Jets or Pats

  • P professor_g wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Why, in an uncapped year, would a team be worried about paying for the last year in a talented player's contract? I don't get why the Rams didn't just pay the guy what his contract required.

  • ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
    #5

    He's not unrestricted.

    He is still a restricted free agent.

    The difference is, the Rams did not extend their offer on June 1st, which means that he can negotiate with anyone, the Rams get no compensation, and they cannot match the offer.

    It sounds like unrestricted free agency, but they don't label it that way.

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #6

    meh....

    he wasn't offered by the worst team in the league.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Well, let's ask this question: How good is he? I am not that familiar with him.