Skip to content

Colt McCoy talks about first month with Browns

The Browns Board
9 8 3.0k
  • B BeernBrowns wrote on last edited by
    #1
  • B Browns57 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    @beernbrowns said:

    http://dawgpounddaily.com/2010/06/03/qb-co...th-with-browns/

    I love it when a football player says that its just playing like when they were a kid! That always says to me that they are confident in what they can do and love to just compete and play the game that they love! McCoy is going to be the one that we have been waiting for since Bernie. I hope he starts in 2011. I'm sure some of you won't agree if Delhomme plays well this year. But don't worry I won't be on this board complaining if Delhomme is still the starter. The coaches should know more than us and for the first time in a while I believe that will be the case! Goooooo Browns!

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I like the kid

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Like or not, he better lwarn to play football.

  • C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Colt McCoy confirms he'll enter training camp as a married man

    by NATE ULRICH on JUNE 24, 2010

    in CLEVELAND BROWNS, COLT MCCOY, NFL

    Browns rookie quarterback Colt McCoy said he'll enter training camp as a married man. And apparently I look like a hybrid of Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson and Will Ferrell from "Wedding Crashers" because McCoy refused to tell me his wedding date.

    McCoy made headlines when he proposed to Rachel Glandorf this past January on the field at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium. McCoy arranged for a "will you marry me?" message to appear on the stadium's scoreboard when he popped the question.

    While McCoy and other members of the Browns' 2010 rookie class interacted with local kids Thursday during the Cleveland Browns Youth Football Camp in Berea, I asked McCoy about his life leading up to the team's training camp, which is expected to begin July 31.

    He said he'll be getting married in July, but he refused to reveal the specific date he has set. According to Big12Sports.com, McCoy is scheduled to marry his fiancee, a former Baylor University track and field athlete, on July 17. As for yours truly, well, I guess I'm not invited.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I like Colt too. There's just something very real & unassuming about the young man that seems to spell success. Great attitude!

    Mike

  • D daddybull1 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Zombo-----------You Da Man!!!!!!!

    Peace

    T.Dawg

  • slowburnS slowburn wrote on last edited by slowburn
    #8

    Young man handles himself well and apparently he can close on some cooder. (I'd like to see the blond in handcuffs_)

  • C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Russell Athletic Signs Colt McCoy to Endorsement Deal

    SportsOneSource Media Posted: 7/15/2010

    Russell Athletic has signed 2010 NFL Draft pick, Colt McCoy, to a multi-year endorsement deal. He will represent Russell Athletic and all its brands, including Spalding, BIKE and Russell Outdoors.

    "We could not be more thrilled to have Colt join the Russell Brands family," said Executive Vice President Gary Barfield. "Colt has stood for the right things on and off the field and we are excited to have someone of his character represent the Russell Athletic, Spalding, BIKE and Russell Outdoors brands. We look forward to growing our partnership with Colt for many years to come."

    McCoy, who joined the Cleveland Browns, will work with Russell Athletic in continuous research and development of cutting edge products across its family of brands.

    "I'm pleased to be working with Russell Brands," McCoy said. "The many different brands of Russell, including Russell Athletic, Outdoors, BIKE and Spalding represent many of the traits I strive to embody - commitment, excellence, tradition, and innovation. I hope that Russell's longevity in the business is equivalent to what my NFL future holds in store for me."

    McCoy was the 85th player selected in the 2010 NFL Draft.

    McCoy, a former standout at the University of Texas, will be featured in Russell Brand's advertising and marketing campaigns, including both the team uniform lines and the retail apparel lines of Russell Athletic. He will also be the highlight of in similar campaigns with Spalding, BIKE and Russell Outdoors, while also being featured in product catalogs and flyers.