Skip to content

World Cup

Barber Shop Talk
36 11 4.5k
  • We have a good chance of advancing ... With a bit of luck and teamwork who knows .... this might be our year.

  • Congrats to Ghana. Great game. At least the US is now seen as somewhat as a power in Soccer in the World and are not a joke. Good game lads.

  • I wasn't a soccer fan before the cup, but I have really enjoyed watching the game, I learned a lot the last 2 weeks about it. I think all those guys really earn their money playing 45 minutes plus at a time.

  • soccer.jpg

    I really wish to move this thread.

    My reason here!

  • soccer.jpg

    I really wish to move this thread.

    My reason here!

    @mr.-t said:

    soccer.jpg

    I really wish to move this thread.

    My reason here!

    Yea I can't explain it. Growing up in another country provided me with a great experience on why soccer is a great sport. Playing soccer gave be the edge when I played basketball.

    I bet you are now going to tell me that NASCAR takes more athletic ability then soccer.

    There are so many things wrong with this website, I don't know where to start. I didn't know Die Hard can put together websites.

  • I understand why you would take a shot at our kind of football but they are just worlds apart and can't be compared - a sport that has billions of followers can't be dismissed out of hand. Anyway, I just watched England get spanked by the Germans so I don't want to watch another "soccer" game for at least 4 years.

    C'mon you Browns!!!!!

  • Go away T.

    Anyways, I'm happy that we made it out of the group stage. We just need better strikers, we had a bunch of chances (against Algeria too) that Findley and Jozy just blew by kicking it straight at the keeper.

    Also, replay needs to be allowed, the tea sucking English got hosed. Off to watch Mexico and Argentina.

  • @mr.-t said:

    soccer.jpg

    I really wish to move this thread.

    My reason here!

    Yea I can't explain it. Growing up in another country provided me with a great experience on why soccer is a great sport. Playing soccer gave be the edge when I played basketball.

    I bet you are now going to tell me that NASCAR takes more athletic ability then soccer.

    There are so many things wrong with this website, I don't know where to start. I didn't know Die Hard can put together websites.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Yea I can't explain it. Growing up in another country provided me with a great experience on why soccer is a great sport. Playing soccer gave be the edge when I played basketball.

    I bet you are now going to tell me that NASCAR takes more athletic ability then soccer.

    There are so many things wrong with this website, I don't know where to start. I didn't know Die Hard can put together websites.

    You guys need to lighten up, And no I dont like Nascar either.

    Go Browns... I love american football! not kickball.

  • This world-cup is filled with more refereeing controversies than memorable moments.

  • This world-cup is filled with more refereeing controversies than memorable moments.

    @brownindian said:

    This world-cup is filled with more refereeing controversies than memorable moments.

    The US may have been screwed, but the Brits were ROBBED. With goals so hard to come by on that level, why in the hell can't you have a goal judge like you do in hockey? I damn well agree with the English coach, that changed the entire strategy of the game.

  • Hoorta, it's crazy that in this day and age we do not have something to allow us to prove that a goal like Lampard's was indeed a goal.

    Goal line judges work for me - if we had come back from 2-0 down to 2 all we would have had the upper hand against a better team. Who knows what would have happened? Instead, we tanked. It;s history now.

    I love the World Cup - I can take or leave the premier league frankly - I don;t follow it closely. But the WC is special. the US brought 160,000 to South africa, England brought 110,000. I'd say that's impressive!

    I am happy to be turning my attention back to my first sporting love now, GO BROWNS!

  • In general, the quality of the teams in soccer vastly determines how much u enjoy it. If i were to show a sample game of NFL in Spain and i chose to show the Browns versus Bills last season borefest then people will think that NFL sucks; but if i were to show Browns vs Bengals 07; NFL will be interesting.

    Teams like Argentina; Spain; Brazil are always fun to watch cos of the attacking intent (although the flopping is annoying) Teams like Italy, Paraguay ... boring.