Skip to content

Embedding YouTube Clips

The Browns Board
13 7 2.2k
  • Embedding YouTube Clips

    So here's how it works: let's say I want to embed a clip of Aaron Curry absolutely dominating Clemson. What I do is find the URL of the YouTube clip:

    " rel="external nofollow">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1waonOFv20

    Then I copy the part of the URL that comes after v=, and paste it in between youtube tags, like this:

    After that, I click the post button, and I end up with an awesome embedded clip:

    Embedding ESPN Clips

    ESPN clips are embedded in a similar way. First, find the URL of the page on which the clip is displayed. Here's an example:

    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3893342

    Copy the part of the URL that comes after id=, and paste it in between espn tags, like this:

    [espn]3893342[/espn]

    After that, click the post button, and you'll end up with something like this:

    Embedding Hulu Clips

    This one's a bit more complicated. First, find the clip you want to embed. On the upper left-hand corner of the clip, you'll see an 'Embed' button. Click on that, after which you'll be given a ton of code like this:

    <object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/EZZFfvn6BuD8Jx-al3Q44Q"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/EZZFfvn6BuD8Jx-al3Q44Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

    Copy the part of the code that comes after http://www.hulu.com/embed/ and paste it in between hulu tags, like this:

    [hulu]EZZFfvn6BuD8Jx-al3Q44Q[/hulu]

    After that, click the post button, and you'll end up with something like this:

  • Very cool!

    Testing:

  • I've seen the "shift happen" video before but I still think it gives a magnificent perspective on both our past and our future.

    Thanks, Todd, for sharing it.

  • Wow, what a cool feature.

    This is going to be a blast on the RAC 'n ROLLS I mean ROCK-n- ROLL board.

    Thanks Al and everybody else for giving us this killer feature.

  • No problem, Russ. Though my initial reason for wanting to install the feature was to post draft clips (have a clip being processed by YouTube right now...), I figured that you guys over at the ROCK-n-ROLL board would get a kick out of it as well.

    Thanks again to Stan for allowing it to be added to the board.

  • Great forum gadget guys ! Felt I had to put this one on in this format for those that may not have viewed it !

  • mms://wssus.mobitv.com/889j4/wm44-320

    URL for NFL Network with Media Player

    Thanks to Dan in Florida

  • Yeah, you put 'youtube' in between [] brackets, then insert the clip id. After that, you put in '/youtube' in between brackets. So your end result will look something like this:

    clip id

    Feel free to experiment with it in this thread. If it's not working for you, I should be able to figure out why.

  • I tarded out for awhile remembering how to do these so I have some advice.

    IMO, the easiest way to do these is to go directly to the YouTube link in your browser and copy what comes after =. Paste it here and then highlight it. After that, click on wrap in Code Tags above. That will give you the code wrapped and all you have to do at that point is backspace out the letters and replace with youtube. Make sure to leave the forward slash and wallah, you have something kickass like this:

    BTW, if you're afraid to look like a tool go and practice on one of the dead forums if you want.

  • Hey whats up guys. This is my first post here. Let me try the youtube thing out.

  • Welcome to the board.

    For the embed feature to work, you post the part of the link that comes after v=. So you'd post this for your clip:

    And you'd get this:

  • OK heres my second try

  • OK heres my second try

    @bradyquinnisbeast said:

    OK heres my second try

    lol 😆😆😆

    that was good...Beast