Skip to content

Bernie Kosar looks back!

The Browns Board
16 9 1.9k
  • Great piece! He is truly an inspiration - thanks for posting this.

  • Best song of the era:

    name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="

    type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">

    name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="

    type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
  • I was at that game where he changes the plays drawing them in the mud, it completley embarrased Bill Bellichek, He probably shouldnt of done it, but he knew more than the Bill and wanted to win.

  • JUST MADE MY DAY T !!!

    That was awesome. I lived those games face pressed against the screen - only got to see one game first hand with Bernie in it (lived in Fla. at the time).

    Best, most dedicated, smart, football and especially Cleveland football guy ever !

    I wish he'd come work for this organization again. I was so glad he got his ring, even in a Cowboys uniform. I remember all the talk of him learning the playbook within a few days when he did. Guy was simply awesome ... thus my screen name.

    I lived in atlanta when the Superbowl with the Cowboys was won and Bernie as number 2. I bought a Browns mini helmet signed by Bernie and wanted to go to the hotel the players were in, to meet him firsthand, but figured I never get near the players, so did'nt bother. Wish I had gone.

    I was nust about Sipe, Phipps, etc., but Bernie struck me the most.

    Testaverde had his best playing time when he had Bernie on the sideline working with him, as Testaverde's BACK-UP.

  • Diminished Skills my ASS, Art Modell screwed all of us! And now we have Art Modell Jr. in Phil Savage who was trained to run the FO the same way. Just watch how Opie will screw us in the same way!

  • Thanks 🙂

  • The overtime game vs the Jets, and Kosar played on a fractured ankle...

    the guy was a QUARTERBACK. and fun to watch.

    Ya have to laugh, that Bernie once? ran for a TD.... LOL

  • I was at that game we saw Gastineau get 3 shots to his knee during the game our seats were front row right over the visitors dugout. he saved our day with the late hit on Bernie!

  • BK was tops.

    He was one of the smartest field generals I've ever seen play. Not a "great" arm but good enough, threw a beautiful ball and was extremely accurate. Not too bad a career for a high school running back that shredded a knee and changed positions to qb.

    I was depressed when Art dumped him but he earned that SB in Dallas. Face it the 'Boys would NOT have got there that season with Aiikman being out with one of his his perennial concussions.

    I forget, wasn't there like 3 or 4 other Browns Bill decided to cut (during training camp) on that roster at the time? My memory is a bit fuzzy back then.

  • I think so, Tob - believe it was Kosar's favorite receiver, but I don't remember for sure, either.....

  • I think so, Tob - believe it was Kosar's favorite receiver, but I don't remember for sure, either.....

    @calfoxwc said:

    I think so, Tob - believe it was Kosar's favorite receiver, but I don't remember for sure, either.....

    Can someone post a link I cannot see anything in the original post. Thanks.

  • I'm pretty sure I remember the Cowboys having Scott Galbraith as well, just can't remember who the other cut Browns to be picked up by the Cowboys from the 92-93 season.