Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Marty _ Bill

Marty _ Bill

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
9 Posts 6 Posters 1.0k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Vegasdogg V
    • 1k Posts
    • 2 Reputation
    V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Never say never......

    Adam Schefter

    Schottenheimer: Return to Cleveland not likely

    Posted: December 8th, 2008 | Adam Schefter | Tags: Cleveland Browns, Marty Schottenheimer

    Sirius Satellite Radio host Adam Schein had the chance Monday to ask Marty Schottenheimer the questions any Browns fans would.

    Schein asked Schottenheimer about the speculation linking him to a possible return to Cleveland. Here is a transcript of their interview:

    SIRIUS NFL Radio host, Adam Schein: “Are you in the mix to coach the Cleveland Browns?”

    Schottenheimer: “I don’t see that as being likely at all. I really don’t. I’ve made a major change in my life and, again, the only thing I always say, Adam, as a caveat, I don’t ever make a decision if I don’t have to and thus I haven’t made one. First of all, nobody has presented me with an overture and, secondly, I’ve kind of aligned myself and my life kind of where it is and if they want to pay me $30 million a year I’ll have to talk about it. (laughs)…But I have not spoken to anybody from there and the likelihood is, if indeed I were to, I don’t see it [as being] likely.”

    Schein went on to ask Schottenheimer if he would consider a front office role in the league and whether he would be interested in potentially joining his good friend, Bill Cowher, on a staff.

    Schein: “Marty, would you consider a Bill Parcells-type role with a ball club?”

    Schottenheimer: “Possibly. But again, Adam, it’s a long shot. I’ve picked my family up for a number of years and moved them all over the place and I’m sitting here now [at home in North Carolina], it’s a little bit overcast here but I’m looking out at the lake and life is good.”

    Schein: “I believe you when you say life is good. I think you are being beyond genuine but, boy, there’s something about that Schottenheimer-Cowher situation that kind of intrigues me.”

    Schottenheimer: “That would be very interesting for a couple of reasons. You know, Bill and I have remained very very close friends throughout our NFL careers and it goes back to when he was a player and I was an assistant. I would be less than candid if I didn’t say that that is, at the very least, intriguing. But there are so many movable parts there it would be like a Rubix cube.”

    "I will not insult your intelligence by suggesting you really believe what you just said." William F Buckley
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • mz. ?
      • Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      ? mz. wrote on last edited by
      #2

      We needed anothe thread discussing this.

      V 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Herman M H
        • 125 Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        H Herman M wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Sounds like Marty wants to be in the mix. He basicly is saying Im open to the highest bidder. Browns or Lions here I am.

        "Recycling and speed limits are bullshit," "They're like someone who quits smoking on his deathbed." Tyler
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • hammertime hammertimeH Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
          • 4k Posts
          • 2k Reputation
          hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
          #4

          sounds like he wants 30 million a year.

          guns don't kill kids-pitt bulls do.
          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • hammertime hammertimeH Dedicated Conversation Starter Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
            • 4k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            hammertimeH hammertime wrote on last edited by
            #5

            sounds like he wants 30 million a year.

            guns don't kill kids-pitt bulls do.
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Steeler SChick S
              • 301 Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              S Steeler SChick wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Or do you mean 60 mil a year?

              To me, an intelligent, unbiased observer - it looks like posturing.

              "it’s a little bit overcast here but I’m looking out at the lake and life is good."

              Blah, blah - there's an offer somewhere on the table or in discussion, and if it hit's Marty's strike-price, then that lake is history.

              Regards

              ... an'at

              .

              P V 2 Replies Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • ? Guest

                We needed anothe thread discussing this.

                Vegasdogg V
                • 1k Posts
                • 2 Reputation
                V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
                #7

                mz. said:

                We needed anothe thread discussing this.

                No we didn't. I didn't see the other thread. What we really needed was your assinine comments to punctuate the mistake.

                "I will not insult your intelligence by suggesting you really believe what you just said." William F Buckley
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • S Steeler SChick

                  Or do you mean 60 mil a year?

                  To me, an intelligent, unbiased observer - it looks like posturing.

                  "it’s a little bit overcast here but I’m looking out at the lake and life is good."

                  Blah, blah - there's an offer somewhere on the table or in discussion, and if it hit's Marty's strike-price, then that lake is history.

                  Regards

                  ... an'at

                  .

                  Pumpkin Eater P
                  • 4k Posts
                  • 297 Reputation
                  P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Steeler SChuck said:

                  Or do you mean 60 mil a year?

                  To me, an intelligent, unbiased observer - it looks like posturing.

                  "it’s a little bit overcast here but I’m looking out at the lake and life is good."

                  Blah, blah - there's an offer somewhere on the table or in discussion, and if it hit's Marty's strike-price, then that lake is history.

                  Regards

                  ... an'at

                  .

                  fag

                  :neutral_face:
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • S Steeler SChick

                    Or do you mean 60 mil a year?

                    To me, an intelligent, unbiased observer - it looks like posturing.

                    "it’s a little bit overcast here but I’m looking out at the lake and life is good."

                    Blah, blah - there's an offer somewhere on the table or in discussion, and if it hit's Marty's strike-price, then that lake is history.

                    Regards

                    ... an'at

                    .

                    Vegasdogg V
                    • 1k Posts
                    • 2 Reputation
                    V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Steeler SChuck said:

                    To me, an intelligent, unbiased observer - it looks like posturing.

                    If you believe that, then Cowher is doing the same thing. I don't want Marty for coach. I want Cowher. When Cowher says he is not coming out of retirement, that is BS. That dude is itching to get on the sideline - - - for the right price. Why negotiate with yourself when you can say you're happy where you are in life?

                    Lord knows a 5 year deal @ $40-50 million would make you more happy than you are now.

                    Cowher would take the money if Lerner were serious about a winner.

                    And why are you so interested in the Browns and their coach? Get a life and get off the internet.

                    "I will not insult your intelligence by suggesting you really believe what you just said." William F Buckley
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply

                    Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                    Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                    With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                    Register Login
                    Reply
                    • Reply as topic
                    Log in to reply
                    • Oldest to Newest
                    • Newest to Oldest
                    • Most Votes


                    Theme
                    • System
                    • Light
                    • Dark
                    The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                    The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                    • First post
                      Last post
                    0
                    • Forums
                    • Recent
                    • Popular
                    • Users
                    • Donate