Cribbs Playing To Much?
-
@junkyard-dawg said:
We?http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=23
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=1
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=24
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=24
This is The Browns Board spanky, not stoolers fever.
no shit who woulda thunk it
-
The first thing I would eliminate is Josh playing defense on kick and punt returns to prevent him from being tired. Then I would eliminate punt returns because teams really stopped kicking the ball to him. Only use him in critical situations as a punt returner.
Then he is left with returning kickoffs and playing offense.
-
Nice article about a great player for some years. The sad part is Cribbs is on the downside of what he does best and it will likely be a rapid decline. I fully expect two serviceable years as a superb returner barring injuries. He is just not good enough at anything else to make a real impact.
Hats of to Josh Cribbs one of the best Browns players ever and certainly the best we had for a bunch of recent years
Nice article about a great player for some years. The sad part is Cribbs is on the downside of what he does best and it will likely be a rapid decline. I fully expect two serviceable years as a superb returner barring injuries. He is just not good enough at anything else to make a real impact.
Hats of to Josh Cribbs one of the best Browns players ever and certainly the best we had for a bunch of recent years
What? He's the reason you/they (considering your hybrid fan status) won as many games as they did last year. Yes his returning is his primary reason for success but he did some real damage out of the WildDawg last year as well. He's a playmaker and I don't see him going anywhere any time soon.
-
Nice article about a great player for some years. The sad part is Cribbs is on the downside of what he does best and it will likely be a rapid decline. I fully expect two serviceable years as a superb returner barring injuries. He is just not good enough at anything else to make a real impact.
Hats of to Josh Cribbs one of the best Browns players ever and certainly the best we had for a bunch of recent years
What? He's the reason you/they (considering your hybrid fan status) won as many games as they did last year. Yes his returning is his primary reason for success but he did some real damage out of the WildDawg last year as well. He's a playmaker and I don't see him going anywhere any time soon.
Rorbotron said:
What? He's the reason you/they (considering your hybrid fan status) won as many games as they did last year. Yes his returning is his primary reason for success but he did some real damage out of the WildDawg last year as well. He's a playmaker and I don't see him going anywhere any time soon.kiss my ass nuff said .........what I said was his best is behind him............too bad it zoomed way over your head
-
Rorbotron said:
What? He's the reason you/they (considering your hybrid fan status) won as many games as they did last year. Yes his returning is his primary reason for success but he did some real damage out of the WildDawg last year as well. He's a playmaker and I don't see him going anywhere any time soon.kiss my ass nuff said .........what I said was his best is behind him............too bad it zoomed way over your head
kiss my ass nuff said .........what I said was his best is behind him............too bad it zoomed way over your head
Zoomed over my head? First off and in case you weren't aware I'm a diehard Steeler fan. Therefore my opinion, at least when talking POSITIVELY about a BROWNS PLAYER is pretty objective. His best is behind him? Did he have some sort of terrible injury I'm unaware of or are you just blowing smoke out your ass for the sake of blowing smoke out of your ass? He's easily the best weapon the Browns have and is still pretty young all things considered. His wear and tear is certainly minimal and I don't see his play declining anytime soon. The challenge is going to be making the most of his skill set beyond what they are already doing.
-
He is in his prime right now. The best is right now. It isnt past him. That is a fact.
-
He is in his prime right now. The best is right now. It isnt past him. That is a fact.
He is in his prime right now. The best is right now. It isnt past him. That is a fact.
Are you still at Kent? If so what year? I graduated a couple of years ago but still have a bunch of friends in the area. Professors Pub still going strong down town? Great, great beer on tap if you're at all in to micro brew/craft beer. I lived in Clark Hall and McDowell and then off of Lincoln and East School at Lincoln Wood and then towards stow before the Ford Dealer. Kent State was/is good times. Pretty kick ass bar volleyball league at the 11th frame over the summer as well, cheap beer, scattered ass and some sand v-ball.
A lot of my friends did and do work at Guys Pizza. One of them manages the place now I believe. I miss my Guyzones.

-
kiss my ass nuff said .........what I said was his best is behind him............too bad it zoomed way over your head
Zoomed over my head? First off and in case you weren't aware I'm a diehard Steeler fan. Therefore my opinion, at least when talking POSITIVELY about a BROWNS PLAYER is pretty objective. His best is behind him? Did he have some sort of terrible injury I'm unaware of or are you just blowing smoke out your ass for the sake of blowing smoke out of your ass? He's easily the best weapon the Browns have and is still pretty young all things considered. His wear and tear is certainly minimal and I don't see his play declining anytime soon. The challenge is going to be making the most of his skill set beyond what they are already doing.
Rorbotron said:
Zoomed over my head? First off and in case you weren't aware I'm a diehard Steeler fan. Therefore my opinion, at least when talking POSITIVELY about a BROWNS PLAYER is pretty objective. His best is behind him? Did he have some sort of terrible injury I'm unaware of or are you just blowing smoke out your ass for the sake of blowing smoke out of your ass? He's easily the best weapon the Browns have and is still pretty young all things considered. His wear and tear is certainly minimal and I don't see his play declining anytime soon. The challenge is going to be making the most of his skill set beyond what they are already doing.Wow, the Steeler's fans don't even like you Rich.
-
Rorbotron said:
Zoomed over my head? First off and in case you weren't aware I'm a diehard Steeler fan. Therefore my opinion, at least when talking POSITIVELY about a BROWNS PLAYER is pretty objective. His best is behind him? Did he have some sort of terrible injury I'm unaware of or are you just blowing smoke out your ass for the sake of blowing smoke out of your ass? He's easily the best weapon the Browns have and is still pretty young all things considered. His wear and tear is certainly minimal and I don't see his play declining anytime soon. The challenge is going to be making the most of his skill set beyond what they are already doing.Wow, the Steeler's fans don't even like you Rich.
Wow, the Steeler's fans don't even like you Rich.
It's not that I don't like him. I'm indifferent. His assessment was just way off and built with a foundation on a soggy paper plate. Cribbs isn't on the backside of his career and then he acted like because I disagree with him I'm some sort of half wit.
-
@junkyard-dawg said:
He does that with EVERYONE, don't take it personal. He regularly talks out of his ass and if you happen to show anything less than sycophant behaviour? Well, that is how he acts.Oh I don't. I don't take anything personally via the internet. I may get pissed off with blatant strokes of ignorance but I don't get butt hurt. Oh well it's whatever. Cribbs will be just fine.
-
i think he is in his prime BUT look at what happened to hester in chicago. started playing WR and he hasn't been the same since. keep cribbs at kick returner and throw him in the O for a twice-a-game WildDawg formation or as a receiver coming out the backfield once in a while. we've got wide receivers. why break him down off the position that he's most deadly at?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login