Skip to content

TIDES Graduation Rate Report For Bowl Teams

The Browns Board
12 8 994
  • Why should the Grad rate really matter, these guys should be payed to play. They make millions for there schools.

    S SkidMarks wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @herman-m said:

    Why should the Grad rate really matter, these guys should be payed to play. They make millions for there schools.

    They get a free education and hot chicks. Have you seen Tebow's girlfriend????????

  • H Herman M wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Tebow is gay that was his cousin

  • Why should the Grad rate really matter, these guys should be payed to play. They make millions for there schools.

    B BigBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @herman-m said:

    Why should the Grad rate really matter, these guys should be payed to play. They make millions for there schools.

    That is a response I would feel would come from an uneducated convenience store worker. Dont get my started on that crap.

  • @herman-m said:

    Why should the Grad rate really matter, these guys should be payed to play. They make millions for there schools.

    That is a response I would feel would come from an uneducated convenience store worker. Dont get my started on that crap.

    T Thomas5737 wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @bigbrownsfan said:

    That is a response I would feel would come from an uneducated convenience store worker. Dont get my started on that crap.

    You don't want me to tell you what kind of person I think would give this kind of response.

  • @bigbrownsfan said:

    That is a response I would feel would come from an uneducated convenience store worker. Dont get my started on that crap.

    You don't want me to tell you what kind of person I think would give this kind of response.

    B BigBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @thomas5737 said:

    You don't want me to tell you what kind of person I think would give this kind of response.

    Oh, by all means feel free - while I agree these kids make millions for the universities, it is apparent where the emphasis is with some of these schools graduating half their football players. I'm so sorry - I thought college was for education. I might be wrong. Then again, perhaps the Wal-Mart workforce we are so saddled with in this generation.

  • Why should the Grad rate really matter, these guys should be payed to play. They make millions for there schools.

    ATENEARSA ATENEARS wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @herman-m said:

    Why should the Grad rate really matter, these guys should be payed to play. They make millions for there schools.

    So they are smart enough to put the safety lock on.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by ballpeen
    #9

    Actually, most of the rates are in line or better with the 5 year grad rates of all students who enter college.

    It looks low, and probably is a bit since at least some of the drop outs in the general population of college students has to be attributed to lack of funding, a problem a kid on scholarship doesn't face.

    Linked is a graph from the ACT website.

    As with any study of this nature, the interpretation of the numbers might vary from study to study, and the method in which the information is compiled could have a impact on the overall numbers, but overall I would think the numbers presented by ACT would at least be fair and representative of the real percentages.

    Keep in mind the numbers presented are through 2002..a 5 year delay...so the new report isn't out yet....or I just can't find it 😉

    http://www.act.org/news/releases/2002/11-15-02.html

  • P Pumpkin Eater wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Teabag is gay.

  • V Vegasdogg wrote on last edited by
    #11

    Colleges do a huge disservice to the kids when there is a huge gulf between black and white GSR's. Less than 10% make it to the NFL, yet we let them coast through school.

    And yeah, Notre Dame is always at the top. We need to loosen the standards a bit and become South Bend the Rules.

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Hard to say why black graduation rates are lower.

    Maybe it is because there are fewer white players on the team, making it easier to attain a higher percentage.

    Maybe the white kids know they aren't good enough to be viable NFL options, so they buckle down more in the classroom.

    Maybe schools are bias towards whites over blacks.

    Maybe black students just aren't as smart(in the context of jocks)

    I tend to think it is probably more a combination of the first two.