Skip to content

I'm Coming Home...

The Browns Board
136 33 10.8k
  • @shepwrite said:

    Now take it elsewhere. We won't be playing that way here.

    Who are you kidding? That happened here more than anywhere else. People always get sick of your shit, bro.

    @hoss said:

    Who are you kidding? That happened here more than anywhere else. People always get sick of your shit, bro.

    Please stop.

  • This just in, people take Browns chat room serious, act like a bunch of bitches. That is all.

  • Sorry, Hoss, but you're spouting the same cover-up that only sold to your little choir over there. It's over. Nobody's buying. BPP even admitted that things were allowed to get out of hand with the attacks on me from a certain group. I have e-mail friends (Alo, Heck, mz the pussy, Crow, Grimm) who supported me throughout. My problems were exclusively with The Gang, all of whom constantly tried to rationalize their behavior by saying it was "everybody."

    I started two threads in my last two weeks over there. Neither was mean or provocative, which is the same for every discussion I started there. Then they spiraled from the same attacks as always, which even Golf told you guys in the actual threads.

    Sorry, man. The Gang made that board impossible. Not me. We're done. I won't be responding to you anymore.

  • Sorry, Hoss, but you're spouting the same cover-up that only sold to your little choir over there. It's over. Nobody's buying. BPP even admitted that things were allowed to get out of hand with the attacks on me from a certain group. I have e-mail friends (Alo, Heck, mz the pussy, Crow, Grimm) who supported me throughout. My problems were exclusively with The Gang, all of whom constantly tried to rationalize their behavior by saying it was "everybody."

    I started two threads in my last two weeks over there. Neither was mean or provocative, which is the same for every discussion I started there. Then they spiraled from the same attacks as always, which even Golf told you guys in the actual threads.

    Sorry, man. The Gang made that board impossible. Not me. We're done. I won't be responding to you anymore.

    @shepwrite said:

    Sorry, Hoss, but you're spouting the same cover-up that only sold to your little choir over there. It's over. Nobody's buying. BPP even admitted that things were allowed to get out of hand with the attacks on me from a certain group. I have e-mail friends (Alo, Heck, mz the pussy, Crow, Grimm) who supported me throughout. My problems were exclusively with The Gang, all of whom constantly tried to rationalize their behavior by saying it was "everybody."

    I started two threads in my last two weeks over there. Neither was mean or provocative, which is the same for every discussion I started there. Then they spiraled from the same attacks as always, which even Golf told you guys in the actual threads.

    Sorry, man. The Gang made that board impossible. Not me. We're done. I won't be responding to you anymore.

    Shep, dude, please stop.

    Just let this guy spew his nonsense. We've all proven over here that we like you, that we don't care about the other board, and stuff...

    So just let the guy spew his nonsense. Be silent and be golden.

  • @hoss said:

    Hate you? Little gang? I think you're upset nobody backed you up against the gang of thugs. Nobody! Every time you bitched and moaned about the mods, what really upset you was nobody came to your wittle defense, and you mentioned many, many times (naming names) how you got along with this poster or that poster, and they never backed you up. LOL. Not one time. I paid close attnetion, and nobody felt you were innocent. You cried and complained about some gang that ruined your experience over there, yet nobody was buying it. This isn't about BH losing you and chasing you around, this is about you starting this thread and making claims that aren't true. If just two or three people would have agreed with you I think you ego would have been fed. You left not because of this gang you couldn't get along with, but because you were literally SHOCKED nobody bought what bullshit you were selling. Nobody!! LMAO. And now you have to crawl back and kiss the asses of all the people you shit on when you first moved out. You have to lick your wounds and go back to the very people you fcuked over when you left here, and that is because you invite the drama but cannot handle it on your own. You NEED people to stroke your ego. This isn't hollywood buddy, Browns fans don't give a shit what you do for a living.

    Dude, I never talk about what I do for a living. You sound like you're in a full-on meth rage over a sports board and a guy you decided to hate. You need to seriously reevaluate and move on. Re-read your posts and how you sound. It's disturbing.

    Hell, not only did SEVERAL people constantly remind you guys that you were jumping me without provocation (mz the pussy, Heck, Alo, Grimm, Crow, PGL)... but even Golfer in the last few days pointed out that there were two guys who would never, ever engage me in debate. They'd only attack. That's KoK and Vegasdogg. I made complete peace with BPP and he PM'd me, asking me to write a blog on that board. You're living in a fantasy world where you can bully up on one guy and then claim he's the instigator and everybody buys it.

    Nobody bought it. The board became all about a handful of guys aligned against one guy. Most of the others stayed out of it entirely. I think a mod of any decent board would have stopped it, but 'Spec wouldn't do it and that's too bad.

    You're now trying to create the impression that I was endlessly slagging Ate and that's simply not true, either. We haven't talked about this board for a very, very long time.

    Let it go, man. You don't know anything about me and I don't know anything about you. You've chosen to hate and that's your right. Now take it elsewhere. We won't be playing that way here.

    @shepwrite said:

    Dude, I never talk about what I do for a living. You sound like you're in a full-on meth rage over a sports board and a guy you decided to hate. You need to seriously reevaluate and move on. Re-read your posts and how you sound. It's disturbing.

    Hell, not only did SEVERAL people constantly remind you guys that you were jumping me without provocation (mz the pussy, Heck, Alo, Grimm, Crow, PGL)... but even Golfer in the last few days pointed out that there were two guys who would never, ever engage me in debate. They'd only attack. That's KoK and Vegasdogg. I made complete peace with BPP and he PM'd me, asking me to write a blog on that board. You're living in a fantasy world where you can bully up on one guy and then claim he's the instigator and everybody buys it.

    Nobody bought it. The board became all about a handful of guys aligned against one guy. Most of the others stayed out of it entirely. I think a mod of any decent board would have stopped it, but 'Spec wouldn't do it and that's too bad.

    You're now trying to create the impression that I was endlessly slagging Ate and that's simply not true, either. We haven't talked about this board for a very, very long time.

    Let it go, man. You don't know anything about me and I don't know anything about you. You've chosen to hate and that's your right. Now take it elsewhere. We won't be playing that way here.

    As much as I have tried to stay neutral throughout all this I have decided to say a few things. First, Stan and Z I consider friends and for any of you who have never met Stan he is an awesome dude. I can't wait to share a brew with Z someday if he ever gets his ass out of Naples for a minute. This whole divorce was totally unnecessary IMO and I have always been pissed about it. This board could have been the bomb and was well on its way. Spin it however you want, but a ton of good football guys left this board and they were not all Quinn fags or crybabies like they are portrayed to be.

    That being said, guys like myself and Flugs were getting tired of trying to talk football here with no decent talk in return. It became disconcerting and most of the subjects were off topic garbage. Upon following the other board, it became clear there was some good discussion going on over there and I slowly started posting more and more---as did Flugs. Pretty soon I was asked to mod and I accepted, but at that point I was relieved of my duties here. I had no problem with that and understood--it is a conflict of interest, but I am not going to feel guilty about going where the football talk is.

    I still try to post on both boards but this immature board rivalry has got to stop guys----period. Nobody should have to feel obligated to one or other of the boards, regardless of circumstances. Stan used to post on the old Revolution with many of the guys who came here, as well as the ABJ. Gabe has put a lot of hard work into the other board and he really wasn't a part of the split.

    Now, onto Shep. I was the one trying to talk Stan out of letting Shep go from here in the first place and I also had Shep's back on the other board for the most part. I understand his value to a board. The hypocrisy of all this is that Shep bragged about being one of the main guys to start the other board, while Stan used Shep as the main reason to give this board an enema. That's all well and good, but let's not kid ourselves here, it was a messy divorce and as the quote below illustrates Shep had ill will to this place and it's posters as recently as the day he came here.

    So let's cut the shit. Shep, you annoyed a bunch of guys over there and whether you feel blame or not it is irrelevant, it happened. Now that you're back home let's knock the board trashing garbage out. Sean has come a long way as a person since his days here and Gabe is a tremendous guy, so it is unfortunate that guys like myself and Alo have to feel like yoyos in all this. I want to be friends with everybody, enjoy both boards and our camaraderie as Browns fans.

    Here is Shep's quote: I'm not going to post the link but it was 3 days ago. It's also an example of the condescending approach that annoyed the shit out of many over repeated posts. I'm not attacking you Shep, just calling it as I see it.

    Please don't support that shit, Sean. This board will end up with an IQ like Ate's. And that's not a pretty sight. That was the result of putting halos on bullies, too. Eventually, all the smart kids lose interest and that's what you have.

  • And I'll give Riff a +1 on that post. Too bad the big split happened, but it did. As was mentioned, we were close to having the ultimate discussion group, but then personalities got in the way. And as a moderator, not a lot I could do- I do have a life outside of this board, and I flat out don't have the time to spend 4-6 hours everyday reading posts and babysitting here. No reason to be trashing other Board(s). That's a lot of good posters who walked out, and they're missed- the door is still open here for most of them. We're here to talk Browns football mostly, and there's plenty of other forums on this site to debate other topics.

    Can't wait for Cal and Shep to get into it again on the Political Forum.

  • Good job, Riff. I think that smooths everything and puts a cap on it. We're good. Cutting and pasting was probably a little gay-ish, but it's a quote I actually like a lot and stand by for any board anywhere. Bullies have to be leashed, period. Personal attacks have to be nipped.

    Left unchecked, all hell breaks loose really fast, because nobody just lies there and takes it.

    Nicely done. I think it's good to know that neither Ate nor this board came up much at all over there, and we can now do the same here. Now stay around and shoot the shit.

    (And with 1,650 views on this already, I'll try to fade into the background, too. Holy shit.)

  • @alo said:

    I've retired from mod duties both here and there, so I didn't feel an obligation to break up the 2nd Grade scuffles that broke out in a bunch of scattered threads. I did let the moderators know about a couple posts that insulted you personally and professionally, but you're right that I didn't wade into some of the the prolonged back & forths. To be honest, I didn't even read them: why would I be interested in spending my free time on that stuff?

    I hope you find this board to be a good home for you. Perhaps you & Zombo can rekindle your bromance by talking about how much both of you liked Jimmy Clausen. Hopefully, the QB debates that infected this board last fall won't recur anytime soon...though your takes on Delhomme & McCoy could ruffle some feathers.

    Anyway, I honestly hope you have some great football talk here. I'm just disappointed that you had to trash the other place while making your exit.

    anyway, think about this you be adulated for wrong so many times...........I be disgraced for being so right so many times.........you be a football genius for being wrong and I be a complete asswipe for being right,..........

    the bottom line things are always about what leadership wants one to be..............

    me I see no sage wisdom in you and plenty in me..............

    so it is what it is................who rules arrogance and stupidity or forthright statistics and discussion................

    the latter is about me,.............NOT SURe what it is your about.........

    but please do inform me

    @rich4eagle said:

    anyway, think about this you be adulated for wrong so many times...........I be disgraced for being so right so many times.........you be a football genius for being wrong and I be a complete asswipe for being right,..........

    the bottom line things are always about what leadership wants one to be..............

    me I see no sage wisdom in you and plenty in me..............

    so it is what it is................who rules arrogance and stupidity or forthright statistics and discussion................

    the latter is about me,.............NOT SURe what it is your about.........

    but please do inform me

    btw, ALO I was just busting your chops you posts have always football expertise some the of best that actually expressed a real knowledge of the game. The only thing I said above that was not in jest was the part about "things are always about what Leadership want one to be''

    I think Stan learned a lot in recent times and his board is reflecting a good amount of maturity of late.

  • @riffer-x said:

    I rate the mz the pussy/Diehard feud as one of the best I ever have been privy to on a message board (excluding da ich with anybody of course)

    Actually, the Iconic feud of old was Zombo vs Atenears on the whole Couch issue from back in 1999. Those two were like hateful siblings clashing over the still warm corpse of their rich and ugly Step Mom.

    Then the Rich vs. Zombo feud on whether Rich owes Zombo money (he does) on the infamous Clarrett Bet.

    mz the pussy/Diehard was lame, tame, and new compared to these old rows.

    And what makes the old feuds more tantalizing? They were about Browns, and all the "your a fag, no you are" crap was mostly in jest, and they would get together and drink a beer at the tailgates and laugh about the funny arguments they had on here.

    Shep, I think you are one of the most intelligent and well spoken posters around. You have a view point, and you tend to pound it into the earth till there ain't a speck of dust left. If anyone disagrees with you, no matter how nicely, you post more vociferously, in different language, but still the same message, your point. Then you play the victim card when people jump all over you for it. Calling it like I see it, but who knows, I could be missing the point or blind as a bat, you pick.

    All that being said, I'm glad you are back here, and look forward to further discussion about our beloved Browns.

    @thaak said:

    Actually, the Iconic feud of old was Zombo vs Atenears on the whole Couch issue from back in 1999. Those two were like hateful siblings clashing over the still warm corpse of their rich and ugly Step Mom.

    Then the Rich vs. Zombo feud on whether Rich owes Zombo money (he does) on the infamous Clarrett Bet.

    mz the pussy/Diehard was lame, tame, and new compared to these old rows.

    And what makes the old feuds more tantalizing? They were about Browns, and all the "your a fag, no you are" crap was mostly in jest, and they would get together and drink a beer at the tailgates and laugh about the funny arguments they had on here.

    Shep, I think you are one of the most intelligent and well spoken posters around. You have a view point, and you tend to pound it into the earth till there ain't a speck of dust left. If anyone disagrees with you, no matter how nicely, you post more vociferously, in different language, but still the same message, your point. Then you play the victim card when people jump all over you for it. Calling it like I see it, but who knows, I could be missing the point or blind as a bat, you pick.

    All that being said, I'm glad you are back here, and look forward to further discussion about our beloved Browns.

    Actually, since this thread is a giant love in and I will participate. Zombo and I never had any bet............and he will attest that or I will rip off his 1/4 inch penis.......love yah thaak and you too Zombo

  • Susan-Lucci-booted-from-Dancing.jpg
  • Wow, this thread is lame. Some of us have no idea what the hell any of you are talking about. I don't even know, or care, about the other site you are talking about, much less some internet fight between people with apparently waaaay too much time on their hands. I hope to hell this thread gets locked, and then deleted............Some of us, and especially I, DON"T GIVE A SHIT.

  • @rich4eagle said:

    anyway, think about this you be adulated for wrong so many times...........I be disgraced for being so right so many times.........you be a football genius for being wrong and I be a complete asswipe for being right,..........

    the bottom line things are always about what leadership wants one to be..............

    me I see no sage wisdom in you and plenty in me..............

    so it is what it is................who rules arrogance and stupidity or forthright statistics and discussion................

    the latter is about me,.............NOT SURe what it is your about.........

    but please do inform me

    btw, ALO I was just busting your chops you posts have always football expertise some the of best that actually expressed a real knowledge of the game. The only thing I said above that was not in jest was the part about "things are always about what Leadership want one to be''

    I think Stan learned a lot in recent times and his board is reflecting a good amount of maturity of late.

    @rich4eagle said:

    btw, ALO I was just busting your chops you posts have always football expertise some the of best that actually expressed a real knowledge of the game.

    Thanks, Rich.

  • I don't get involved with all the board drama.....I like the pic in reference to a soap opera.

    I like how this board has been running.....good discussion that stays on topic for the most part in threads that remain current because they aren't bumped down by 20 threads discussing essentially the same thing.

    Lets keep it that way guys and gals.

    In a day or two this drama will wear off. People made their choices..if they choose to come back my hope it is to contribute in a positive manner and not bring the festering BS.....so as far as I am concerned, it's time to let this thread fall to the back pages.

  • The Browns Board is a great online Browns community, accented by a great hosting Tailgate Party. With longtime members stretched all acorss the planet, and those fine folks traveling in to meet others traveling shorter distances, has been just an outstanding camraderie that I have not see any other online community acheive to as high of degree. Some try to copy the format, but there is only one BROWNS BOARD. This is the Browns online community to be a part of.

    Hats off to the many people who have stayed together for many, many, years and made The Browns Board what it is today. Second to none, and with #1 search engine rankings and popularity, this season is going to kick-off the next great five seasons, it is worth being a part of.

    Our Big Tailgate Parties this season center around the Jets game in the second weekend in November. We have already heard from many returning groups coming in for most of the early Home games, and all inviting and wanting to share the experience with others for the first time.

    Here's to the upcoming Training Camp, preseason, and regular season and the tailgate parties surrounding Cleveland Browns football.

    THE BROWNS BOARD ... full body flavor, and an original.

  • The Browns Board is a great online Browns community, accented by a great hosting Tailgate Party. With longtime members stretched all acorss the planet, and those fine folks traveling in to meet others traveling shorter distances, has been just an outstanding camraderie that I have not see any other online community acheive to as high of degree. Some try to copy the format, but there is only one BROWNS BOARD. This is the Browns online community to be a part of.

    Hats off to the many people who have stayed together for many, many, years and made The Browns Board what it is today. Second to none, and with #1 search engine rankings and popularity, this season is going to kick-off the next great five seasons, it is worth being a part of.

    Our Big Tailgate Parties this season center around the Jets game in the second weekend in November. We have already heard from many returning groups coming in for most of the early Home games, and all inviting and wanting to share the experience with others for the first time.

    Here's to the upcoming Training Camp, preseason, and regular season and the tailgate parties surrounding Cleveland Browns football.

    THE BROWNS BOARD ... full body flavor, and an original.

    I'm all in, Ate. Anything I said about you on the other board was out of anger for the weird ending. I'm really happy to be back, and in a weird way, it worked out. The guys who haunted me here also followed me to haunt me there... and I can see that it won't be tolerated here.

    That's all I ever really wanted. I like starting provocative, fun, polarizing threads that spur conversation. But I never go mean and I never go after anybody.

    So... is anybody thinking about the Miami game? I'm targeting that or the opener in Tampa Bay.

    @atenears said:

    The Browns Board is a great online Browns community, accented by a great hosting Tailgate Party. With longtime members stretched all acorss the planet, and those fine folks traveling in to meet others traveling shorter distances, has been just an outstanding camraderie that I have not see any other online community acheive to as high of degree. Some try to copy the format, but there is only one BROWNS BOARD. This is the Browns online community to be a part of.

    Hats off to the many people who have stayed together for many, many, years and made The Browns Board what it is today. Second to none, and with #1 search engine rankings and popularity, this season is going to kick-off the next great five seasons, it is worth being a part of.

    Our Big Tailgate Parties this season center around the Jets game in the second weekend in November. We have already heard from many returning groups coming in for most of the early Home games, and all inviting and wanting to share the experience with others for the first time.

    Here's to the upcoming Training Camp, preseason, and regular season and the tailgate parties surrounding Cleveland Browns football.

    THE BROWNS BOARD ... full body flavor, and an original.

  • I'm all in, Ate. Anything I said about you on the other board was out of anger for the weird ending. I'm really happy to be back, and in a weird way, it worked out. The guys who haunted me here also followed me to haunt me there... and I can see that it won't be tolerated here.

    That's all I ever really wanted. I like starting provocative, fun, polarizing threads that spur conversation. But I never go mean and I never go after anybody.

    So... is anybody thinking about the Miami game? I'm targeting that or the opener in Tampa Bay.

    @atenears said:

    The Browns Board is a great online Browns community, accented by a great hosting Tailgate Party. With longtime members stretched all acorss the planet, and those fine folks traveling in to meet others traveling shorter distances, has been just an outstanding camraderie that I have not see any other online community acheive to as high of degree. Some try to copy the format, but there is only one BROWNS BOARD. This is the Browns online community to be a part of.

    Hats off to the many people who have stayed together for many, many, years and made The Browns Board what it is today. Second to none, and with #1 search engine rankings and popularity, this season is going to kick-off the next great five seasons, it is worth being a part of.

    Our Big Tailgate Parties this season center around the Jets game in the second weekend in November. We have already heard from many returning groups coming in for most of the early Home games, and all inviting and wanting to share the experience with others for the first time.

    Here's to the upcoming Training Camp, preseason, and regular season and the tailgate parties surrounding Cleveland Browns football.

    THE BROWNS BOARD ... full body flavor, and an original.

    @shepwrite said:

    I'm all in, Ate. Anything I said about you on the other board was out of anger for the weird ending. I'm really happy to be back, and in a weird way, it worked out. The guys who haunted me here also followed me to haunt me there... and I can see that it won't be tolerated here.

    That's all I ever really wanted. I like starting provocative, fun, polarizing threads that spur conversation. But I never go mean and I never go after anybody.

    So... is anybody thinking about the Miami game? I'm targeting that or the opener in Tampa Bay.

    I may be coming down for the Miami game, not sure yet though. I was eyeballing the Tampa game but then was remnded how freaking hot it was there in 1999. I see a lot of Browns fans leaning toward make the trip from up here though, so that could be a huge invasion of Browns fans at that game.

  • @shepwrite said:

    I'm all in, Ate. Anything I said about you on the other board was out of anger for the weird ending. I'm really happy to be back, and in a weird way, it worked out. The guys who haunted me here also followed me to haunt me there... and I can see that it won't be tolerated here.

    That's all I ever really wanted. I like starting provocative, fun, polarizing threads that spur conversation. But I never go mean and I never go after anybody.

    So... is anybody thinking about the Miami game? I'm targeting that or the opener in Tampa Bay.

    I may be coming down for the Miami game, not sure yet though. I was eyeballing the Tampa game but then was remnded how freaking hot it was there in 1999. I see a lot of Browns fans leaning toward make the trip from up here though, so that could be a huge invasion of Browns fans at that game.

    @atenears said:

    I may be coming down for the Miami game, not sure yet though. I was eyeballing the Tampa game but then was remnded how freaking hot it was there in 1999. I see a lot of Browns fans leaning toward make the trip from up here though, so that could be a huge invasion of Browns fans at that game.

    My brother-in-law died last month and they live in the Ft. Myers area. The plan is me, my oldest son, my sister, her two grown sons, and one of their wives. And lots of drinking and probably crying, which I hate.

  • The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot ... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.

    Who from the old gang is here? Zombo? Ate?

    @shepwrite said:

    The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot ... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.

    Who from the old gang is here? Zombo? Ate?

    Shep,

    I'm still here. Not sure that I'm part of the "Old Gang" unless being part of the '80 graduating class of Stow counts.

    Glad you're back and extremely glad that Lumberg isn't!!!

    Old Dawg

  • @atenears said:

    I may be coming down for the Miami game, not sure yet though. I was eyeballing the Tampa game but then was remnded how freaking hot it was there in 1999. I see a lot of Browns fans leaning toward make the trip from up here though, so that could be a huge invasion of Browns fans at that game.

    My brother-in-law died last month and they live in the Ft. Myers area. The plan is me, my oldest son, my sister, her two grown sons, and one of their wives. And lots of drinking and probably crying, which I hate.

    @shepwrite said:

    My brother-in-law died last month and they live in the Ft. Myers area. The plan is me, my oldest son, my sister, her two grown sons, and one of their wives. And lots of drinking and probably crying, which I hate.

    Shep I am sorry to hear that. It is always hard on the family. One thing I can add, is it always gets better man.

  • @shepwrite said:

    My brother-in-law died last month and they live in the Ft. Myers area. The plan is me, my oldest son, my sister, her two grown sons, and one of their wives. And lots of drinking and probably crying, which I hate.

    Shep I am sorry to hear that. It is always hard on the family. One thing I can add, is it always gets better man.

    @kosar_for_president said:

    Shep I am sorry to hear that. It is always hard on the family. One thing I can add, is it always gets better man.

    Damn this truly a love in. Here in Charlotte we host the Browns diss season.........I tink? Anyway Shep is tops, he is a volumatic info machine.......and that is a good thing. The guy just sends it always.

    I understand I am hated most Browns boards except OBR. But I am excited that we finally have dumped the Sewage again this time (Savage) pardon the pun.

    I commend Stan for hanging tough in the this debacle of boreds.

    You woulda thunk the new guys would have made sure they did not make the same mistakes made here...........but they magnified the same mistakes

    While Stan and Co masterfully..............defussed the bad blood and made this place way stronger

    As John Belushi said ..........."did we give up when Germany invaded Pearl Harbor?"

    Nice to see my big time friends Ed, Johnny B, Hoorta, Kathy, and the rest ..................getting it on as always,,,,,,,,,,,

    Anyway ED love you man..................and Johnny B just keep rolling...........Go Browns

    Thanks Stan for being a real man