I'm Coming Home...
-
The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot ... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.
Who from the old gang is here? Zombo? Ate?
The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot ... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.
Who from the old gang is here? Zombo? Ate?
Shep,
I'm still here. Not sure that I'm part of the "Old Gang" unless being part of the '80 graduating class of Stow counts.
Glad you're back and extremely glad that Lumberg isn't!!!
Old Dawg
-
I may be coming down for the Miami game, not sure yet though. I was eyeballing the Tampa game but then was remnded how freaking hot it was there in 1999. I see a lot of Browns fans leaning toward make the trip from up here though, so that could be a huge invasion of Browns fans at that game.
My brother-in-law died last month and they live in the Ft. Myers area. The plan is me, my oldest son, my sister, her two grown sons, and one of their wives. And lots of drinking and probably crying, which I hate.
My brother-in-law died last month and they live in the Ft. Myers area. The plan is me, my oldest son, my sister, her two grown sons, and one of their wives. And lots of drinking and probably crying, which I hate.
Shep I am sorry to hear that. It is always hard on the family. One thing I can add, is it always gets better man.
-
My brother-in-law died last month and they live in the Ft. Myers area. The plan is me, my oldest son, my sister, her two grown sons, and one of their wives. And lots of drinking and probably crying, which I hate.
Shep I am sorry to hear that. It is always hard on the family. One thing I can add, is it always gets better man.
Shep I am sorry to hear that. It is always hard on the family. One thing I can add, is it always gets better man.
Damn this truly a love in. Here in Charlotte we host the Browns diss season.........I tink? Anyway Shep is tops, he is a volumatic info machine.......and that is a good thing. The guy just sends it always.
I understand I am hated most Browns boards except OBR. But I am excited that we finally have dumped the Sewage again this time (Savage) pardon the pun.
I commend Stan for hanging tough in the this debacle of boreds.
You woulda thunk the new guys would have made sure they did not make the same mistakes made here...........but they magnified the same mistakes
While Stan and Co masterfully..............defussed the bad blood and made this place way stronger
As John Belushi said ..........."did we give up when Germany invaded Pearl Harbor?"
Nice to see my big time friends Ed, Johnny B, Hoorta, Kathy, and the rest ..................getting it on as always,,,,,,,,,,,
Anyway ED love you man..................and Johnny B just keep rolling...........Go Browns
Thanks Stan for being a real man
-
I'm all in, Ate. Anything I said about you on the other board was out of anger for the weird ending. I'm really happy to be back, and in a weird way, it worked out. The guys who haunted me here also followed me to haunt me there... and I can see that it won't be tolerated here.
That's all I ever really wanted. I like starting provocative, fun, polarizing threads that spur conversation. But I never go mean and I never go after anybody.
So... is anybody thinking about the Miami game? I'm targeting that or the opener in Tampa Bay.
The Browns Board is a great online Browns community, accented by a great hosting Tailgate Party. With longtime members stretched all acorss the planet, and those fine folks traveling in to meet others traveling shorter distances, has been just an outstanding camraderie that I have not see any other online community acheive to as high of degree. Some try to copy the format, but there is only one BROWNS BOARD. This is the Browns online community to be a part of.
Hats off to the many people who have stayed together for many, many, years and made The Browns Board what it is today. Second to none, and with #1 search engine rankings and popularity, this season is going to kick-off the next great five seasons, it is worth being a part of.
Our Big Tailgate Parties this season center around the Jets game in the second weekend in November. We have already heard from many returning groups coming in for most of the early Home games, and all inviting and wanting to share the experience with others for the first time.
Here's to the upcoming Training Camp, preseason, and regular season and the tailgate parties surrounding Cleveland Browns football.
THE BROWNS BOARD ... full body flavor, and an original.
The guys who haunted me here also followed me to haunt me there... and I can see that it won't be tolerated here.
You just can't shut up about that other board can you Shep? You need to understand that there is no "same people." There is the same Shep, and the shit that got old HERE, and the shit that got old THERE, is going to get old here - AGAIN. Plenty of people need you here, but when they get sick of your shit they're gonna dump your ass just like the last board and the board before that.
If you REALLY want the last board to go away, quit bringing it up. Quit talking about some horrible experience you had over there. Quit bringing up the "haunting posters" that followed you there.
Leave the past in the past. If you still have to bring it up now, you're NEVER going to let it go. You're in a room full of people here that have less tolerance of your BS than the room you just left. And you know that. Just a matter of time before they tell you......
-
The guys who haunted me here also followed me to haunt me there... and I can see that it won't be tolerated here.
You just can't shut up about that other board can you Shep? You need to understand that there is no "same people." There is the same Shep, and the shit that got old HERE, and the shit that got old THERE, is going to get old here - AGAIN. Plenty of people need you here, but when they get sick of your shit they're gonna dump your ass just like the last board and the board before that.
If you REALLY want the last board to go away, quit bringing it up. Quit talking about some horrible experience you had over there. Quit bringing up the "haunting posters" that followed you there.
Leave the past in the past. If you still have to bring it up now, you're NEVER going to let it go. You're in a room full of people here that have less tolerance of your BS than the room you just left. And you know that. Just a matter of time before they tell you......
Leave the past in the past. If you still have to bring it up now, you're NEVER going to let it go. You're in a room full of people here that have less tolerance of your BS than the room you just left. And you know that. Just a matter of time before they tell you......
sage advice. what's good for the goose is good for the gander, eh?

curious, how many times did you refresh this topic today?
you can't catch greased lightning, Hoss. the horse is officially dead.
as they say, "move along...nothin' to see here."
-
The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot ... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.
Who from the old gang is here? Zombo? Ate?
The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot ... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.
Who from the old gang is here? Zombo? Ate?
Hey Shep, I seen you started posting back on the site you hate.

-
I'm all in, Ate. Anything I said about you on the other board was out of anger for the weird ending. I'm really happy to be back, and in a weird way, it worked out. The guys who haunted me here also followed me to haunt me there... and I can see that it won't be tolerated here.
That's all I ever really wanted. I like starting provocative, fun, polarizing threads that spur conversation. But I never go mean and I never go after anybody.
So... is anybody thinking about the Miami game? I'm targeting that or the opener in Tampa Bay.
I may be coming down for the Miami game, not sure yet though. I was eyeballing the Tampa game but then was remnded how freaking hot it was there in 1999. I see a lot of Browns fans leaning toward make the trip from up here though, so that could be a huge invasion of Browns fans at that game.
I may be coming down for the Miami game, not sure yet though. I was eyeballing the Tampa game but then was reminded how freaking hot it was there in 1999. I see a lot of Browns fans leaning toward make the trip from up here though, so that could be a huge invasion of Browns fans at that game.
Stan, my feeble mind doesn't recall you being at that Tampa game in '99. On second thought maybe I do- seems to involve an episode with a pizza delivery guy that I wasn't a part of.
I was at a Browns Bucs game at Raymond James- Can't remember the year- but I do remember it was by far the hottest game I've ever been at. The bottom line is we have to get Shep and Z in town for the Jets game- and set up a rather large bail fund in case anyone gets thrown in jail Saturday night.

-
I am a new Browns fan. I didn't know I had to make a choice between the boards on which I would post. I am trying to learn as much as possible as rapidly as possible about the Browns for this season and the foreseeable future. This thread doesn't seem to help me learn anything about the Browns. I hope it is not indicative of what transpires on this board on a regular basis.
-
I would be the last one to dash any hopes but you gotta be kidding me . If you want to learn how to be a Browns fan just grab a hammer and beat yourself repeatedly about the head and neck . The pain that derives will get you started in knowing what kind of pain is involved in Being a Browns fan . lol
-
Zombo said:
Well, whether he is, or he isn't , he a was a nice stab in the third round.Delhomme and Wallace are veterans from winning franchises and Holmgren wanted them here ... he knows a thing or two.
What I like about the McCoy thing is that he IS a third round pick, therefore there is no pressure to rush him, and no fans clammoring for him.
Let's establish a tradition of running people over, dominating the line of scrimmage, and playing dawged D and the QB will come, one way or another.
Franchise QBs are like hot chicks ... they don't always walk into your life when you are looking for them. Let's get gritty and win some games, we may never be in position to draft a Manning, but we can always pluck a Brady or Brees along the way ... it happens ... and you never know, Colt could be the one ... but I'm going to worry about it right now ... let's establish Cleveland Browns Football and knock some heads around. The Steeler victory was a great start ... and now Holmgren and Mangini are going turn this into a franchise that contends year after year.
Zombo
What you are describing is exactly how Atlanta went from a 3-13 in 2007-2008 to an 11-5 team in 2008-2009. The punished the opposing defense with Michael Turner and had Matt Ryan throw the football only to mix things up. I know because I saw all of their games. I live in Savannah,Ga. Now the only difference here is...Colt McCoy doesn't fit the franchise quarterback profile on paper. Even Matt Ryan exceeded expectations. But I do think that he and Colt are going to be something to see in a few years. Very interesting analogy when speaking of franchise quarterbacks btw. What a lot of people forget is if your team can run the football most times they control the tempo of the game. This makes defense much easier especially with a defense with limited or unproven talent because running the ball keeps the opposing offense off the field and gives them less time to operate when on the field. It's like Mr. Miyagi says "Best Defense Against Punch Is Not To Be There."
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login