I'm Coming Home...
-
The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot ... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.
Who from the old gang is here? Zombo? Ate?
The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot ... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.
Who from the old gang is here? Zombo? Ate?
Welcome back.
I saw where you posted on dawgtalkers and said you would post there. I have been a member over there for years.
I actually said good things about you and didn't feel like I was telling a lie.
In a PM I did mention mods didn't allow new threads if the subject was already being discussed in a active thread.....and it has been pretty good about it that way here lately....it just makes for a cleaner board where you don't have to hunt down through 3-4-5 threads to reply or read for a reply to a question you asked.
This forum takes you back to the last reply visited....so it makes for a good flow.
Welcome back man.
-
I'm a bit surprised by this thread.
On a side note as long as i'm here when am i going to be enshrined for winning the FF last year?
Shep, this is not a good thread for you.
I'm a bit surprised by this thread.
On a side note as long as i'm here when am i going to be enshrined for winning the FF last year?
Shep, this is not a good thread for you.
And someone won the basketball championship of the entire civilized world this past winter.
-
So your coming home? Are you moving back in with Mom and Dad or just visiting for the week?
-
I don't know... maybe I've been workiing too hard farming and gardening.... (940? tomato plants...)...
but I think I have missed the endless qb threads from Sheppie.
Nobody does it better !
Welcome back.
-
I don't know... maybe I've been workiing too hard farming and gardening.... (940? tomato plants...)...
but I think I have missed the endless qb threads from Sheppie.
Nobody does it better !
Welcome back.
I don't know... maybe I've been workiing too hard farming and gardening.... (940? tomato plants...)...
but I think I have missed the endless qb threads from Sheppie.
Nobody does it better !
Welcome back.
As long as they are contained to a reasonable degree and not a new thread with every post....look at the board now....there are multiple threads 2,3, even 7 pages long.....It wasn't like that a year ago...you would have a thread and 15 posts later you had another on basically the same thing.
-
Zombo said:
All you have to do is:1.) Stay with us through a complete season and off-season.
2.) Beat up a Newbie.
3.) Call someone gay.
4.) Embarass a Steeler troll
5.) Make a football-related post.
1. Pretty much done
2. I don't remember his name but yes he was a douche bag
3. Zombo your gay (guilty by association)
4. Theres so many how couldnt I ?!
5. I do that all the time.
Regular?
-
When I first seen this topic I thought LeBron resigned with the Cavs....so disappointing
-
Zombo said:
All you have to do is:1.) Stay with us through a complete season and off-season.
2.) Beat up a Newbie.
3.) Call someone gay.
4.) Embarass a Steeler troll
5.) Make a football-related post.
1. Pretty much done
2. I don't remember his name but yes he was a douche bag
3. Zombo your gay (guilty by association)
4. Theres so many how couldnt I ?!
5. I do that all the time.
Regular?
-
Thanks to everyone. They're slagging me like crazy on the rogue shit board... and I'm happy to be home. I missed Zombo and Ate a ton... but I even missed you, Cal.
Good to be back.
-
Thanks to everyone. They're slagging me like crazy on the rogue shit board... and I'm happy to be home. I missed Zombo and Ate a ton... but I even missed you, Cal.
Good to be back.
Thanks to everyone. They're slagging me like crazy on the rogue shit board... and I'm happy to be home. I missed Zombo and Ate a ton... but I even missed you, Cal.
Good to be back.
Well, welcome back.
From my POV, the big split was inevitable. If you know who hadn't done it- someone else eventually would have- we had just gotten too damn big and too much stuff coming from all directions. And I won't yell at you for too much quarterback fixation- I've known you long enough to know you just can't help yourself.
I think you should make plans to get to the Jets game this year- and show up at a Tailgate for once. The Brits will be here, and I'll have a supply of the Orange Stuff.
:lol:
We can discuss the relative merits of the Quinnster over a few shots of it. Ate, can we dispense with the formalities and declare that Homecoming Weekend right now? -
How long does it take before I become a "regular"?
How long does it take before I become a "regular"?
When your post count hits four figures, you're a regular. However, Shep's permanently retired the Hemingway Post Count Trophy. I'll add in one additional qualification that will make you an "Outstanding Regular" show up for a Tailgate.

-
-
I lost my brother-in-law in Florida this year and really wanted to go to the TB game to be with my sister and nephews... but it's my son's biggest game and I have family coming in for it.
To catch you up: Jack's team (Westlake Warriors) is ranked 7th nationally and went 14-0 last year. He's the defensive captain, OLB, and getting recruited actively. I can't tell you how fun this has all been.
-
WR is either terrifying or kind of intriguing, depending on what day you ask me.
You can even ask me on my birthday, Christmas, or even when I've had too many umbrella foo-foo drinks; the WR position still sucks IMO.
(ok, maybe not after too many foo-foo drnks as even Howard starts looking good then).
-
I lost my brother-in-law in Florida this year and really wanted to go to the TB game to be with my sister and nephews... but it's my son's biggest game and I have family coming in for it.
To catch you up: Jack's team (Westlake Warriors) is ranked 7th nationally and went 14-0 last year. He's the defensive captain, OLB, and getting recruited actively. I can't tell you how fun this has all been.
I lost my brother-in-law in Florida this year and really wanted to go to the TB game to be with my sister and nephews... but it's my son's biggest game and I have family coming in for it.
To catch you up: Jack's team (Westlake Warriors) is ranked 7th nationally and went 14-0 last year. He's the defensive captain, OLB, and getting recruited actively. I can't tell you how fun this has all been.
I love high school football, you must be giddy with pride over Jack's and the Warriors accomplishments. I have just been gearing up for some high school football action here in Ohio. My beloved Mentor Cardinals kick things off this season facing St. Ed's at Cleveland Browns Stadium on August 28th, where the Cardinals are 2-0 in recent history. On the night card that evening, is Mentor Lake Catholic verse 10-time State Champs St. Ignatius.
Keep us posted on Jack and the Warriors, I'll let you know what I hear about them from this part of the country.
-
The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot ... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.
Who from the old gang is here? Zombo? Ate?
The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot ... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.
Who from the old gang is here? Zombo? Ate?
I lurk over there occasionally just to get a laugh. It was obvious that you were being ganged up on. If you go back, it will happen again, count on it. Things over here have been much better since certain people left here. The fighting and arguing has toned down considerably. You made a wise choice.
-
I lost my brother-in-law in Florida this year and really wanted to go to the TB game to be with my sister and nephews... but it's my son's biggest game and I have family coming in for it.
To catch you up: Jack's team (Westlake Warriors) is ranked 7th nationally and went 14-0 last year. He's the defensive captain, OLB, and getting recruited actively. I can't tell you how fun this has all been.
I love high school football, you must be giddy with pride over Jack's and the Warriors accomplishments. I have just been gearing up for some high school football action here in Ohio. My beloved Mentor Cardinals kick things off this season facing St. Ed's at Cleveland Browns Stadium on August 28th, where the Cardinals are 2-0 in recent history. On the night card that evening, is Mentor Lake Catholic verse 10-time State Champs St. Ignatius.
Keep us posted on Jack and the Warriors, I'll let you know what I hear about them from this part of the country.
I love high school football, you must be giddy with pride over Jack's and the Warriors accomplishments. I have just been gearing up for some high school football action here in Ohio. My beloved Mentor Cardinals kick things off this season facing St. Ed's at Cleveland Browns Stadium on August 28th, where the Cardinals are 2-0 in recent history. On the night card that evening, is Mentor Lake Catholic verse 10-time State Champs St. Ignatius.
Keep us posted on Jack and the Warriors, I'll let you know what I hear about them from this part of the country.
Definitely. I've become a huge fan around here. Our league brought in Oaks Christian (Clausen, Marc Tyler, Montana, Gretsky, Will Smith's kid) and St. Bonaventure, one of the top teams in Cali for years. It's unbelievably competitive and we have two national games (definitely Oaks on an ESPN channel).
Oaks is a mile from Westlake... and they already hate each other even though they've never played. It's like a movie.
Jack was one of two kids at the Combine to run a sub 4.0 Pro Shuttle, jumped 33", and ran a 4.65, lifted 225 20 times. Put him on the map. He's kinda small for linebacker (5'11.5, 208), but that's not so unusual for a HS kid. A lot get recruited at that size and redshirted. He could also move to safety with his speed. That time is really fast without real training. For a combine, they train for two months and shave up to .2.
-
The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot ... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.
Who from the old gang is here? Zombo? Ate?
I lurk over there occasionally just to get a laugh. It was obvious that you were being ganged up on. If you go back, it will happen again, count on it. Things over here have been much better since certain people left here. The fighting and arguing has toned down considerably. You made a wise choice.
I lurk over there occasionally just to get a laugh. It was obvious that you were being ganged up on. If you go back, it will happen again, count on it. Things over here have been much better since certain people left here. The fighting and arguing has toned down considerably. You made a wise choice.
You know I love a tussle, as long as it's reasonably non-personal and dignified. But anything I wrote in any thread got jumped by the former Desert Dawg (who really wasn't supposed to be there) and King of Kings. Sometimes Youngstown jumped in, too. It was just so absurdly persistent that it wasn't any fun at all to post. You couldn't sustain a plot at all... it just spun out of control.
Normally, management would collar guys like that. But Inspecta is friends with them or something and he would actually go after ME!! It's happened three times n the last six months. That group still tries to act like it's my fault, even though a lot of people are trying to point out that I never provoked anybody, only reacted.
But I reacted smarter than they attacked, and apparently that made me the bad guy.
It's good to be back. I'm sure they'll work really hard to start threads and make it look good... but a lot of people won't play anymore and it'll become a clubhouse for one little group.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
