Skip to content

I'm Coming Home...

The Browns Board
136 33 10.8k
  • I lost my brother-in-law in Florida this year and really wanted to go to the TB game to be with my sister and nephews... but it's my son's biggest game and I have family coming in for it.

    To catch you up: Jack's team (Westlake Warriors) is ranked 7th nationally and went 14-0 last year. He's the defensive captain, OLB, and getting recruited actively. I can't tell you how fun this has all been.

    @shepwrite said:

    I lost my brother-in-law in Florida this year and really wanted to go to the TB game to be with my sister and nephews... but it's my son's biggest game and I have family coming in for it.

    To catch you up: Jack's team (Westlake Warriors) is ranked 7th nationally and went 14-0 last year. He's the defensive captain, OLB, and getting recruited actively. I can't tell you how fun this has all been.

    I love high school football, you must be giddy with pride over Jack's and the Warriors accomplishments. I have just been gearing up for some high school football action here in Ohio. My beloved Mentor Cardinals kick things off this season facing St. Ed's at Cleveland Browns Stadium on August 28th, where the Cardinals are 2-0 in recent history. On the night card that evening, is Mentor Lake Catholic verse 10-time State Champs St. Ignatius.

    Keep us posted on Jack and the Warriors, I'll let you know what I hear about them from this part of the country.

  • The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot ... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.

    Who from the old gang is here? Zombo? Ate?

    @shepwrite said:

    The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot ... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.

    Who from the old gang is here? Zombo? Ate?

    I lurk over there occasionally just to get a laugh. It was obvious that you were being ganged up on. If you go back, it will happen again, count on it. Things over here have been much better since certain people left here. The fighting and arguing has toned down considerably. You made a wise choice.

  • @shepwrite said:

    I lost my brother-in-law in Florida this year and really wanted to go to the TB game to be with my sister and nephews... but it's my son's biggest game and I have family coming in for it.

    To catch you up: Jack's team (Westlake Warriors) is ranked 7th nationally and went 14-0 last year. He's the defensive captain, OLB, and getting recruited actively. I can't tell you how fun this has all been.

    I love high school football, you must be giddy with pride over Jack's and the Warriors accomplishments. I have just been gearing up for some high school football action here in Ohio. My beloved Mentor Cardinals kick things off this season facing St. Ed's at Cleveland Browns Stadium on August 28th, where the Cardinals are 2-0 in recent history. On the night card that evening, is Mentor Lake Catholic verse 10-time State Champs St. Ignatius.

    Keep us posted on Jack and the Warriors, I'll let you know what I hear about them from this part of the country.

    @atenears said:

    I love high school football, you must be giddy with pride over Jack's and the Warriors accomplishments. I have just been gearing up for some high school football action here in Ohio. My beloved Mentor Cardinals kick things off this season facing St. Ed's at Cleveland Browns Stadium on August 28th, where the Cardinals are 2-0 in recent history. On the night card that evening, is Mentor Lake Catholic verse 10-time State Champs St. Ignatius.

    Keep us posted on Jack and the Warriors, I'll let you know what I hear about them from this part of the country.

    Definitely. I've become a huge fan around here. Our league brought in Oaks Christian (Clausen, Marc Tyler, Montana, Gretsky, Will Smith's kid) and St. Bonaventure, one of the top teams in Cali for years. It's unbelievably competitive and we have two national games (definitely Oaks on an ESPN channel).

    Oaks is a mile from Westlake... and they already hate each other even though they've never played. It's like a movie.

    Jack was one of two kids at the Combine to run a sub 4.0 Pro Shuttle, jumped 33", and ran a 4.65, lifted 225 20 times. Put him on the map. He's kinda small for linebacker (5'11.5, 208), but that's not so unusual for a HS kid. A lot get recruited at that size and redshirted. He could also move to safety with his speed. That time is really fast without real training. For a combine, they train for two months and shave up to .2.

  • @shepwrite said:

    The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot ... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.

    Who from the old gang is here? Zombo? Ate?

    I lurk over there occasionally just to get a laugh. It was obvious that you were being ganged up on. If you go back, it will happen again, count on it. Things over here have been much better since certain people left here. The fighting and arguing has toned down considerably. You made a wise choice.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I lurk over there occasionally just to get a laugh. It was obvious that you were being ganged up on. If you go back, it will happen again, count on it. Things over here have been much better since certain people left here. The fighting and arguing has toned down considerably. You made a wise choice.

    You know I love a tussle, as long as it's reasonably non-personal and dignified. But anything I wrote in any thread got jumped by the former Desert Dawg (who really wasn't supposed to be there) and King of Kings. Sometimes Youngstown jumped in, too. It was just so absurdly persistent that it wasn't any fun at all to post. You couldn't sustain a plot at all... it just spun out of control.

    Normally, management would collar guys like that. But Inspecta is friends with them or something and he would actually go after ME!! It's happened three times n the last six months. That group still tries to act like it's my fault, even though a lot of people are trying to point out that I never provoked anybody, only reacted.

    But I reacted smarter than they attacked, and apparently that made me the bad guy.

    It's good to be back. I'm sure they'll work really hard to start threads and make it look good... but a lot of people won't play anymore and it'll become a clubhouse for one little group.

  • Zombo said:

    All you have to do is:

    1.) Stay with us through a complete season and off-season.

    2.) Beat up a Newbie.

    3.) Call someone gay.

    4.) Embarass a Steeler troll

    5.) Make a football-related post.

    Except for #1 I pretty much try do all of those with every one of my posts.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I don't know... maybe I've been workiing too hard farming and gardening.... (940? tomato plants...)...

    but I think I have missed the endless qb threads from Sheppie.

    Nobody does it better !

    Welcome back.

    As long as they are contained to a reasonable degree and not a new thread with every post....look at the board now....there are multiple threads 2,3, even 7 pages long.....It wasn't like that a year ago...you would have a thread and 15 posts later you had another on basically the same thing.

    @ballpeen said:

    As long as they are contained to a reasonable degree and not a new thread with every post....look at the board now....there are multiple threads 2,3, even 7 pages long.....It wasn't like that a year ago...you would have a thread and 15 posts later you had another on basically the same thing.

    Perhaps in those cases it would behoove the monitors to combine the threads.

  • Yeah, the truth is that it's such a gray area on threads. I LIKE headlines when it's something new, even if there's a basket it could have been dropped in. Sometimes I lose interest in two week old threads that seem to be played out, and I stop looking at them. If we piled every single thing about DQJ into one thread, I'd probably miss it if he got methed up and killed an entire small town.

    But if their are total duplicates, yeah... combine them. It happens on accident a lot.

  • Shep, welcome back to TBB.

    Did you hear McFreckles may have a weak arm? Word is it's very weak and won't cut it.

  • I decided to come out of the closet and own up to my feelings about Freckles and accept the lashing!

    I'll do the Haden pick next. I think we could've traded down and take Kareem Jackson, who will be about as good (already starting for the Texans).

    I got SO misunderstood on the other board. I think Haden is a very good corner, one of the top few in the draft (with Jackson and Wilson). I don't think he should've been the first top 10 corner of the post rule change era.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I lurk over there occasionally just to get a laugh. It was obvious that you were being ganged up on. If you go back, it will happen again, count on it. Things over here have been much better since certain people left here. The fighting and arguing has toned down considerably. You made a wise choice.

    You know I love a tussle, as long as it's reasonably non-personal and dignified. But anything I wrote in any thread got jumped by the former Desert Dawg (who really wasn't supposed to be there) and King of Kings. Sometimes Youngstown jumped in, too. It was just so absurdly persistent that it wasn't any fun at all to post. You couldn't sustain a plot at all... it just spun out of control.

    Normally, management would collar guys like that. But Inspecta is friends with them or something and he would actually go after ME!! It's happened three times n the last six months. That group still tries to act like it's my fault, even though a lot of people are trying to point out that I never provoked anybody, only reacted.

    But I reacted smarter than they attacked, and apparently that made me the bad guy.

    It's good to be back. I'm sure they'll work really hard to start threads and make it look good... but a lot of people won't play anymore and it'll become a clubhouse for one little group.

    @shepwrite said:

    You know I love a tussle, as long as it's reasonably non-personal and dignified. But anything I wrote in any thread got jumped by the former Desert Dawg (who really wasn't supposed to be there) and King of Kings. Sometimes Youngstown jumped in, too. It was just so absurdly persistent that it wasn't any fun at all to post. You couldn't sustain a plot at all... it just spun out of control.

    Normally, management would collar guys like that. But Inspecta is friends with them or something and he would actually go after ME!! It's happened three times n the last six months. That group still tries to act like it's my fault, even though a lot of people are trying to point out that I never provoked anybody, only reacted.

    But I reacted smarter than they attacked, and apparently that made me the bad guy.

    It's good to be back. I'm sure they'll work really hard to start threads and make it look good... but a lot of people won't play anymore and it'll become a clubhouse for one little group.

    Re-read that from my point of view and you'll see the irony.

    Now try to picture yourself as the owner of said forum and not even be around (last off-season) when the fighting started, yet be accused of creating it, festering it and no matter what you say (I am not Lumbergh) you still get jumped on at every thread. It just may lead you to turn bizaar, run everyone who breaths off the forum, and start over the way it use to be which is now, with building camraderie, getting back to the tailgate parties, good clean humor, minus the bitching, whining, and drama.

    The drama, bitching and whining left here suddenly at mid-October. I have a crack team combing through the carry-over membership base here and we can't seem to find any bacteria among the inventory. Imagine that? (scratching head and balls at same time). What? Drama was a constant 3-month cycle over there? Nooooo, tell me it wasn't so!

    I read a small bit of the drama involving you ... I replaced your name with Lumberg and then laughed proudly of how fast we ousted that small group.

    God forbid you posted favorably about QB's and someone had to skip the thread if they chose. (replace Quinn with Colt ... Whalla! more irony)

    What is even better is the locked, moved and over moderation yet under moderation ... where have we heard accused and been accused of that before? Speaking of Moderation, I believe we pulled a spam ad and a drunken Rich4eagle rant or two since the season ended. Meanwhile the 'Moderation for hire' sign has become their logo.

    Oh the irony ... worst yet is somewhere Inspecta sits proud over the recognition this spill-over drama here has given him. How fucking pathetic is that?

  • @shepwrite said:

    You know I love a tussle, as long as it's reasonably non-personal and dignified. But anything I wrote in any thread got jumped by the former Desert Dawg (who really wasn't supposed to be there) and King of Kings. Sometimes Youngstown jumped in, too. It was just so absurdly persistent that it wasn't any fun at all to post. You couldn't sustain a plot at all... it just spun out of control.

    Normally, management would collar guys like that. But Inspecta is friends with them or something and he would actually go after ME!! It's happened three times n the last six months. That group still tries to act like it's my fault, even though a lot of people are trying to point out that I never provoked anybody, only reacted.

    But I reacted smarter than they attacked, and apparently that made me the bad guy.

    It's good to be back. I'm sure they'll work really hard to start threads and make it look good... but a lot of people won't play anymore and it'll become a clubhouse for one little group.

    Re-read that from my point of view and you'll see the irony.

    Now try to picture yourself as the owner of said forum and not even be around (last off-season) when the fighting started, yet be accused of creating it, festering it and no matter what you say (I am not Lumbergh) you still get jumped on at every thread. It just may lead you to turn bizaar, run everyone who breaths off the forum, and start over the way it use to be which is now, with building camraderie, getting back to the tailgate parties, good clean humor, minus the bitching, whining, and drama.

    The drama, bitching and whining left here suddenly at mid-October. I have a crack team combing through the carry-over membership base here and we can't seem to find any bacteria among the inventory. Imagine that? (scratching head and balls at same time). What? Drama was a constant 3-month cycle over there? Nooooo, tell me it wasn't so!

    I read a small bit of the drama involving you ... I replaced your name with Lumberg and then laughed proudly of how fast we ousted that small group.

    God forbid you posted favorably about QB's and someone had to skip the thread if they chose. (replace Quinn with Colt ... Whalla! more irony)

    What is even better is the locked, moved and over moderation yet under moderation ... where have we heard accused and been accused of that before? Speaking of Moderation, I believe we pulled a spam ad and a drunken Rich4eagle rant or two since the season ended. Meanwhile the 'Moderation for hire' sign has become their logo.

    Oh the irony ... worst yet is somewhere Inspecta sits proud over the recognition this spill-over drama here has given him. How fucking pathetic is that?

    Well, that all sounds about right.

    Honestly, I did not see it coming. I left (with just mz the pussy and Alo, originally) to start a board that didn't include Lumbergh OR Desert Dawg, who I still believe is the meanest, most disturbed poster we've ever had. When Inspecta threw in with us, we both acknowledged that he and I hadn't always gotten along... but we decided to bury the hatchet because he knew a thing or two about starting a site.

    Well, shit. That was a mistake, huh? Our first drama was in an innocuous thread about prospect Sean Canfield. We know this because one of my friends, Grimm, actually traced back and found it after Inspecta and the others tried to rewrite history and say it was all MY fault.

    In that thread, Masters went mean. Then, smelling blood, Desert Dawg dove in and amped it up. He was soon joined by King of Kings, who I don't even know. Sez threw in, just like he always did here. Next thing I know, I'm getting ganged up on like crazy.

    And guess who threw in, too, and started telling me I was the problem?

    The moderator. And then a new moderator I didn't know from Adam shows up and says FOR SURE I'm the bad seed. When I try to point out that I'm just standing up for myself, he goes off and calls me everything but a human. I felt like I was in the Twlight Zone.

    I tried to make nice, but as several people over there are trying to point out now, KoK and Veg wouldn't have it. They were persistent and devoted to attacking me. And if I asked the mods to PLEASE not let them go unchecked, I was a bitch and a whiner.

    I've honestly never seen anything like it in all my years of forums. But it's over. That site is dead to me. It belongs to Inspecta, Desert Dawg, and King of Kings. It's the hell of Browns Boards.

    And how ironic that it was me, mz the pussy, and Alo looking to get away from those people? Irony upon irony.

    @atenears said:

    Re-read that from my point of view and you'll see the irony.

    Now try to picture yourself as the owner of said forum and not even be around (last off-season) when the fighting started, yet be accused of creating it, festering it and no matter what you say (I am not Lumbergh) you still get jumped on at every thread. It just may lead you to turn bizaar, run everyone who breaths off the forum, and start over the way it use to be which is now, with building camraderie, getting back to the tailgate parties, good clean humor, minus the bitching, whining, and drama.

    The drama, bitching and whining left here suddenly at mid-October. I have a crack team combing through the carry-over membership base here and we can't seem to find any bacteria among the inventory. Imagine that? (scratching head and balls at same time). What? Drama was a constant 3-month cycle over there? Nooooo, tell me it wasn't so!

    I read a small bit of the drama involving you ... I replaced your name with Lumberg and then laughed proudly of how fast we ousted that small group.

    God forbid you posted favorably about QB's and someone had to skip the thread if they chose. (replace Quinn with Colt ... Whalla! more irony)

    What is even better is the locked, moved and over moderation yet under moderation ... where have we heard accused and been accused of that before? Speaking of Moderation, I believe we pulled a spam ad and a drunken Rich4eagle rant or two since the season ended. Meanwhile the 'Moderation for hire' sign has become their logo.

    Oh the irony ... worst yet is somewhere Inspecta sits proud over the recognition this spill-over drama here has given him. How xxxxing pathetic is that?

  • Zombo said:

    OK, stop right there...

    You guys put Inspecta in charge and the place became an ego-driven, cliquey, drama-based henhouse that was more about the pissing contests than content?

    I find that hard to believe...

    Zombo

    I made an enormous tactical error. Inspecta joined us and offered to set up the board. Next thing I know, he's a mod and so is a guy named Best Players Play. And I'm screwed in every orifice. So is mz the pussy. We become whipping boys for a gang of five or six guys supported by Inspecta and BPP.

    Oops.

  • @shepwrite said:

    The other board became something grotesque with management supporting some of the worst posters from here who moved over there. I'm in development season and won't be able to post a lot ... but I'm coming back here to see how things are going.

    Who from the old gang is here? Zombo? Ate?

    I lurk over there occasionally just to get a laugh. It was obvious that you were being ganged up on. If you go back, it will happen again, count on it. Things over here have been much better since certain people left here. The fighting and arguing has toned down considerably. You made a wise choice.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I lurk over there occasionally just to get a laugh. It was obvious that you were being ganged up on. If you go back, it will happen again, count on it. Things over here have been much better since certain people left here. The fighting and arguing has toned down considerably. You made a wise choice.

    I very much miss your incessant clashes with mz the pussy., Mr. DH.

  • I thought it was just me, and didn't want to sound snide in mentioning that I really don't know 85% of these guys you mention either. I had people like that chick with the high heel boot avatar (forgetting name, but I did know of her ... a little bit), anyhow, I had people like her dissing me from afar and I'm like, Huh? These guys such as Best players play and some of the others you mentioned were chest pounding as if they were the best posters we had and I'm thinking to myself, "Geez, I must have smoked too much pot in th 80's because I don't remember much about any of them at all". I started to think that I was losing touch or perhaps we got too big, but I never had a problem with any of those people and they were burning torches and marching shoulder to shoulder with Inspecta on the road leading out.

    No offense people (as I know the still read every word here), but I really had no beef with anyone, except maybe Inspecta, that Golfer fag, and four-word Adam (Amber's bitch). mz the pussy created his own front and center shit with me here ... I really didn't know much about him either. I had some feud with some dude and his cousin or brother and I got nasty, toyed with them and ousted both, but I couldn't even tell you who that was with. I have a very short memory about all of this crap, which is probably a good trait as a message board owner. I really could give two shits about all of this shit, I just wanted the camaraderie of the forum back and distance us from that hateful shit.

    I'm really glad that you started name dropping people here an admitting that you didn't know much about them either, as I always thought it was just me. I never got to say goodbye to those people I never knew.

    I thought about leaving because personally I just didn't like the forum at all after I returned from my baseball coaching stints in the summer. I tried to hand off the forum to our core group here an they convinced me to do what it took to get things back to how they were two years prior. Of all these guys that we mention, none were around to see this place thrive and grow as it did. So, I just blew it up ... the whole freaking thing. We calculated the losses, we understood that we would be starting over and we rolled with it.

    I would rather sit through an off-season here with no dialog rather than an abundance of dialog about Member-A's personality vs Member-B's. They actually think that they have a great forum. Meanwhile there are plenty who poke in there every once in a while and laugh. Frankly, I'm only left being embarrassed to share in being a Browns fan with them all, embarrassed that we are somehow grotesquely connected in history.

    We have many Steeler fans here and there isn't even remotely the in-fighting going on here as there is there with all Browns fans. What a sick little Inspecta World. His problem is that he's been unemployed too long, pops too many pills, smokes to many blunts, stays up too late, and is paranoid as fuck. Someone toss the guy a life outside of the Internet already!

    I really don't care if anyone comes back, including you Shep. If one don't realize just how stupid that group is, there isn't much they could fit in with over here. I don't really consider Flugel much of a friend anymore, I can't believe he could be so freaking stupid.

  • A Alo

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I lurk over there occasionally just to get a laugh. It was obvious that you were being ganged up on. If you go back, it will happen again, count on it. Things over here have been much better since certain people left here. The fighting and arguing has toned down considerably. You made a wise choice.

    I very much miss your incessant clashes with mz the pussy., Mr. DH.

    @alo said:

    I very much miss your incessant clashes with mz the pussy., Mr. DH.

    I rate the mz the pussy/Diehard feud as one of the best I ever have been privy to on a message board (excluding da ich with anybody of course)

  • For the record, I'm getting way too much credit for organizing last fall's board breakup. By the time I heard from Masters about his account being suspended, a bunch of people already had congregated over at Nav's old board. The group then moved to new digs because Shep & others weren't happy with that board's amenities. I was fine with using that place as a temporary reservation and seeing how things played out.

    But the key takeaway is that everyone ends up looking bad when one of these prolonged board divorces happens. Stan's owned up to it & Shep's now busy producing an example of it, so we should all just get back to being our normal, classy selves.

    Or being jerks who love talking about the Browns - that works for me.

  • Sorry, but some of this is beginning to sound too much like a bunch of gossiping grannies.

  • A Alo

    For the record, I'm getting way too much credit for organizing last fall's board breakup. By the time I heard from Masters about his account being suspended, a bunch of people already had congregated over at Nav's old board. The group then moved to new digs because Shep & others weren't happy with that board's amenities. I was fine with using that place as a temporary reservation and seeing how things played out.

    But the key takeaway is that everyone ends up looking bad when one of these prolonged board divorces happens. Stan's owned up to it & Shep's now busy producing an example of it, so we should all just get back to being our normal, classy selves.

    Or being jerks who love talking about the Browns - that works for me.

    @alo said:

    But the key takeaway is that everyone ends up looking bad when one of these prolonged board divorces happens. Stan's owned up to it & Shep's now busy producing an example of it, so we should all just get back to being our normal, classy selves.

    Or being jerks who love talking about the Browns - that works for me.

    I'm not even sure if I've owned up to anything or whether I even should. I have a very long track record of doing what is best for this message board and the ones that preceeded it. I cashed in on that character to take one for the team. I did not want to be a part of a forum to which this one had become and to which that little spin off piece of shit is today. I checked myself with at least thirty original members and received solid support to blow the thing up. I carried it out and I am freaking thrilled with the end result. We may have not taken the best path to get to this point, but we got here in 6 months, which is a great forum to continue building from with over 700 new registered members since the season ended in January. We have a new group of friends here who are contributing and are like minded and of the right mentality and character. We are ready to roll this season and along with a true playoff run, this place will be a mountain.

    I'm rather new here again, having took yet another off-season off again. This shit is behind me and I hope to hell with that place imploding in due time that we don't get many back. We are looking for people who want to make a new start in this new era, we are mirroring the Cleveland Browns fresh start under a new direction.

    Wanna play?

  • Welcome back! This board did get out of hand for a while and I refused to look at it. Now I find it enjoyable again. And that's probably the last time I say anything till the pre-season. As usual I can't wait.

  • @alo said:

    But the key takeaway is that everyone ends up looking bad when one of these prolonged board divorces happens. Stan's owned up to it & Shep's now busy producing an example of it, so we should all just get back to being our normal, classy selves.

    Or being jerks who love talking about the Browns - that works for me.

    I'm not even sure if I've owned up to anything or whether I even should. I have a very long track record of doing what is best for this message board and the ones that preceeded it. I cashed in on that character to take one for the team. I did not want to be a part of a forum to which this one had become and to which that little spin off piece of shit is today. I checked myself with at least thirty original members and received solid support to blow the thing up. I carried it out and I am freaking thrilled with the end result. We may have not taken the best path to get to this point, but we got here in 6 months, which is a great forum to continue building from with over 700 new registered members since the season ended in January. We have a new group of friends here who are contributing and are like minded and of the right mentality and character. We are ready to roll this season and along with a true playoff run, this place will be a mountain.

    I'm rather new here again, having took yet another off-season off again. This shit is behind me and I hope to hell with that place imploding in due time that we don't get many back. We are looking for people who want to make a new start in this new era, we are mirroring the Cleveland Browns fresh start under a new direction.

    Wanna play?

    @atenears said:

    I'm not even sure if I've owned up to anything or whether I even should. I have a very long track record of doing what is best for this message board and the ones that preceeded it.

    At the very least, I think you'd concede that your Colonel Kurtz act can get ugly, even if you think it's for the greater good.

    *The Greater Good*