Fourth of July Weekend plans?
-
On leave in Ohio for 2 weeks, My god the weather has been so great up here compared to Alabama. Everyone be safe and drink lots of beer.
-
doing Valet Parking at Portage Country Club. Woo hoo.
hah nice...I'll actually be in Kent partying with friends from school. The 4th of July is my favorite holiday and this is the first time in years I haven't had to work so I'm pumped.
-
Ah, I miss NC, T.
We usually go to Santa Barbra on the beach, farging amazing show. But I think we're just going to a party here in the neighborhood 'cuz my wife's brother is sick.
-
I'll mostly be lamenting the fact that we lost the colony all those years ago and that if I want to live in Ohio to see more than one damn browns game a year I need to get a divorce and find some Ohio woman mad enough to marry me for the green card. <sigh>

-
I forgot to mention Golf, Im going to play some golf this week ... and fish. I plan on re-stringing and lubing the two-dozen reels that hang on my cabin wall in Marblehead.
-
Heading to Boone NC tomorrow then its a race back to the Beach! My daughjter and her family will be on their way.

-
Oh, yes. I plan on seeing Eclipse with my 16 year old daughter.
How bout dem Vampires!
-
Barn party with friends and family -
spray all around with this anti mosquito mix
made with mint mouthwash, ... lemon liquid dish detergent,,
whatever else is in it.
Hayrides, and s'mores - my favorite. but I always order my s'more without the
marshmallow and graham cracker.
-
tonight: seeing Furthur in columbus, oh
tomorrow: work and taking it easy
sunday: nothing
monday: back to work
-
My weekend will be a mix of this

and This

-
What Beach is that? I am scheduled to go to Kill Devil Hills next summer. How is that? Near where you are?
That is at Wrightsville Beach right off the coast in Wilmington, most folks go to Carolina Beach, but I prefer Wrightsville, for one it is a lot cleaner and the views are spectacular knowing that a lot of UNCW students go there as well.

At the present time I am standing outside our hotel watching the locals setting off fireworks in Blowing Rock, the home made fudge from down town was to tempting to just pass by.
-
My weekend will be a mix of this

and This

nmills said:
My weekend will be a mix of this
and This

I'll take the beer on the left. Give the warm one on the right to someone you don't like.

-
What Beach is that? I am scheduled to go to Kill Devil Hills next summer. How is that? Near where you are?
The Outer Banks of NC has to be one of my favorite places ... and I didn't even make it to the beach. I spent a vacation there taking pictures of the lighthouses, the Wright Brothers memorial, some gardens, and the dunes at Jockey's Ridge. The seafood is great, the ocean breezes are brisk and all the glorious sun and fresh air made it beautiful and restful. When I located an ice cream shop (across from Jockey's Ridge) that sold homemade orange pineapple ice cream (my favorite flavor as a child) that sealed the deal and I was officially in heaven.
-
What Beach is that? I am scheduled to go to Kill Devil Hills next summer. How is that? Near where you are?
The Outer Banks of NC has to be one of my favorite places ... and I didn't even make it to the beach. I spent a vacation there taking pictures of the lighthouses, the Wright Brothers memorial, some gardens, and the dunes at Jockey's Ridge. The seafood is great, the ocean breezes are brisk and all the glorious sun and fresh air made it beautiful and restful. When I located an ice cream shop (across from Jockey's Ridge) that sold homemade orange pineapple ice cream (my favorite flavor as a child) that sealed the deal and I was officially in heaven.
The Outer Banks of NC has to be one of my favorite places ... and I didn't even make it to the beach. I spent a vacation there taking pictures of the lighthouses, the Wright Brothers memorial, some gardens, and the dunes at Jockey's Ridge. The seafood is great, the ocean breezes are brisk and all the glorious sun and fresh air made it beautiful and restful. When I located an ice cream shop (across from Jockey's Ridge) that sold homemade orange pineapple ice cream (my favorite flavor as a child) that sealed the deal and I was officially in heaven.
I'm working my 24 hour shift today, then off for 2 weeks

3/5 s of my family is heading down there soon to hang with my sister & her family for a few days. The only beef I have with OBX is the golf is too far & away, so it's pricey. We will golf a few rounds near Winchester VA on the way down, and maybe West Va on the way back. My older two son's can't make the trip from Houston & C-Bus.
Boone, NC was mentioned....man I love that place. Great golf there too, and Blowing Rock is real cool. Ever been to the Tweetsie Railroad? Little kids love it (so did pops, lol).
Happy 4th All!!! GO BROWNS!!!
-
The Outer Banks of NC has to be one of my favorite places ... and I didn't even make it to the beach. I spent a vacation there taking pictures of the lighthouses, the Wright Brothers memorial, some gardens, and the dunes at Jockey's Ridge. The seafood is great, the ocean breezes are brisk and all the glorious sun and fresh air made it beautiful and restful. When I located an ice cream shop (across from Jockey's Ridge) that sold homemade orange pineapple ice cream (my favorite flavor as a child) that sealed the deal and I was officially in heaven.
I'm working my 24 hour shift today, then off for 2 weeks

3/5 s of my family is heading down there soon to hang with my sister & her family for a few days. The only beef I have with OBX is the golf is too far & away, so it's pricey. We will golf a few rounds near Winchester VA on the way down, and maybe West Va on the way back. My older two son's can't make the trip from Houston & C-Bus.
Boone, NC was mentioned....man I love that place. Great golf there too, and Blowing Rock is real cool. Ever been to the Tweetsie Railroad? Little kids love it (so did pops, lol).
Happy 4th All!!! GO BROWNS!!!
I'm working my 24 hour shift today, then off for 2 weeks
3/5 s of my family is heading down there soon to hang with my sister & her family for a few days. The only beef I have with OBX is the golf is too far & away, so it's pricey. We will golf a few rounds near Winchester VA on the way down, and maybe West Va on the way back. My older two son's can't make the trip from Houston & C-Bus.
Boone, NC was mentioned....man I love that place. Great golf there too, and Blowing Rock is real cool. Ever been to the Tweetsie Railroad? Little kids love it (so did pops, lol).
Happy 4th All!!! GO BROWNS!!!
Been on the Tweetsie. It was around Halloween. After taking the cog to the top of the mountain, they had a pretty decent haunted house set up in one of the main buildings up there.
You are right, there is a ton of good golf up there. One of the better mountain courses I have ever played is in Hounds Ear....super course.
But now, thankfully, Pat isn't all that interested in traveling.
Tonight we will head down to the river a listen to the Chattanooga Symphony play their 4th routine and watch the fireworks.
I am getting the urge for a bigger smoker, so I may go hunt for one a little later and hopefully have it assembled in time so I can smoke up something either tomorrow or Monday.
-
Today... Golf and beer and then time by the pool and more beer.
Tomorrow....Beer and the pool and watching fireworks from our deck tomorrow night.
Monday...day off from work and a day to recover from Saturday and Sunday.
-
I am watching the UFC fight , drinking, gilling out, maybe shooting some guns in Kokomo, Indiana.
If you have heard of that place, stop by for a brew! :
: -
moving out of the house into my new pad...willl attempt to get hd cable and internet installation scheduled......working with time warner is like banging your head against the walll. .. they are telling me i am 15
effing days out for installation.....wtf.....brought my boys over to show off their dads new pad.....locale is right next to the beautiful olentangy river..can't wait until falll when i can look out the window at the
colorful leaves while the Browns roll on TV
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login